MBTA Bus Driver Charged With Selling Crack On Job

CPBO

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you"

I'm pretty sure what they preached that to you at an early age, it would come in handy later in life

While you make a good point, this senative and controversial word has been a source of hatred. My Dad growing up in Jim Crow Texas almost being seriously hurt or killed as a Black Man growing up in the early 1950's.

Personally maybe that why that word has 'mixed meanings' as My Dad would forbid it in our household even I am 'mixed'.

Again if Messino had made it clear he was copying from what Black youths were saying, then I would have better understand. Maybe it's an age thing as for instance nobody here know about stuff from the '80's and earlier.

While you make a good point, this senative and controversial word has been a source of hatred. My Dad growing up in Jim Crow Texas almost being seriously hurt or killed as a Black Man growing up in the early 1950's.

Personally maybe that why that word has 'mixed meanings' as My Dad would forbid it in our household even I am 'mixed'.

Again if Messino had made it clear he was copying from what Black youths were saying, then I would have better understand. Maybe it's an age thing as for instance nobody here know about stuff from the '80's and earlier.

Dude that word has been thrown around so much since segregation has ended and people are more openminded and shun racism , that it has lost its strength ...theres no reason it should still have the same effect it did back when black folks had to use seperate bathrooms and fountains..That was real hate, when saying that word, real racism and the people who said things like that were like rabid dogs foaming at the mouth type racists whos minds are so warped they think they were better than someone who was born with a different skin color.

Now theres no excuse to cry over it. If someone calls me a white bitch, a cunt, a f@g, douchebag, a greaseball , cracka... whatever...it doesnt mean crap to me. The words themselves wouldnt make me mad. It would be the intentions of the person who said it because obviously they are saying to get a reaction from me because they have some sort of anger and hate against me and want to fight me or something. Its the person saying it I would be mad at.. SOmeone can drive along in a car and scream and yell obscenities and it wouldnt mean squat cause its just some coward yelling crap at random running away..Its the motive behind the actual words, not the words themselves but you are stuck in the past man, you cant get over it and figure out how it really works.

Messino was using the word the way that the youth use it these days. In any event, some folks don't think that any variation is acceptable, but that is another topic. Shortline fails to recognize that it was blacks that took the word and started using it and throwing it around like it was a cool term to use. The whole concept is stupid to me and in a way I can understand why Shortline is upset even though Messino meant no harm. It's like me... I'm Italian-American and I'm going to walk around with my Italian-American friends and were going to call each other WOPS or guineas. The whole idea is absurd.

Black youth have been doing it now and so since they call themselves that, other groups see no problem with it. I can understand that. I mean if these folks walk around degrading themselves, then how can they expect others to take them seriously and respect them and not use the word, but it with a "z" at the end or not?

We shouldn't even be havin this discussion.... I still say Shortline started this BS to spark up controversy, and his feelings about Messino only added fuel to the fire..... Guess we all took the bait huh....

As far as what you're sayin, yeah, we (urbanized blacks) DO have this thing where we embrace the negative & turn it into somethin positive, or at the very least, justifiable/acceptable.... but that comes with a little *disclaimer*, which I'm sure non-blacks know very well....

"We can say/do this... y'all caint"....

Anyway, way I see it, "we're" not taken seriously, regardless.... but That, is also another topic....

That's as far as I'm fin to go w/ all this.....

"niggá" is a form of endearment used by urban youth, including myself. It can be compared to "dude", it is a completly different word compared to "niggёr", which is a dirty, degrading word.
No one should be using the word reguardless of how its spelled...PERIOD!!!

Moving right along to the driver riding the 41 Crack rock LTD via Nino Brown Expwy!!!

We shouldn't even be havin this discussion.... I still say Shortline started this BS to spark up controversy, and his feelings about Messino only added fuel to the fire..... Guess we all took the bait huh....

As far as what you're sayin, yeah, we (urbanized blacks) DO have this thing where we embrace the negative & turn it into somethin positive, or at the very least, justifiable/acceptable.... but that comes with a little *disclaimer*, which I'm sure non-blacks know very well....

"We can say/do this... y'all caint"....

Anyway, way I see it, "we're" not taken seriously, regardless.... but That, is also another topic....

That's as far as I'm fin to go w/ all this.....

We're from different generations. Folks that were around during that whole segregation period seem to be far more sensitive about these things than you or I may be. I guess this will be an open debate for some time to come for you guys.

No one should be using the word reguardless of how its spelled...PERIOD!!!

Moving right along to the driver riding the 41 Crack rock LTD via Nino Brown Expwy!!!

Thank You. And No Kareem (B35) this was not creating controversy you know me by now. Why not go after St Louie and Trainmaster for being too sensative.

Back to topic. St Louie has made a great comment. She maybe the new 'nino brown' lol.:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgdIP6ZDHnM

yeh, okay Shortline.... keep telling me to go after someone else to keep the heat off you....

We're from different generations. Folks that were around during that whole segregation period seem to be far more sensitive about these things than you or I may be. I guess this will be an open debate for some time to come for you guys.

Yes, unfortunately....

Quite frankly, it's one I'm sick of havin....

I don't like to use the term IRL (in real life), but it's not just on the internet where I get into it w/ old heads... And my stance everytime is, they have every right to feel the way they do with what they been through.... However, don't preach to us younger heads like we don't know the history of the word... Don't try to pound it into our heads that that word should hold the same meaning & power as it does to you guys.... We can't possibly relate first-hand to those effed up experiences they went through in yesteryear.... If it sounds like I'm suppressing my thoughts a bit, it's b/c I am.... Believe me, I'm trying not to get all too deep into this right now....

To keep it 100, to me, it's an underhanded way of keeping racial tensions alive/strong(er).... A lot of older brothas I know, still have that "don't let 'them' get away with that", "fight the power" mentality....

I'm sorry, but to those like Shortline, and who else feels that strongly about the word.... I don't see a non-black person as THE enemy... Suffice it to say, I'm more wary of my own damn kind (this is where the "self-hate" remarks come in).... St Louis can say no one should be using the word at all in any spelling or w/e (which he's not necessarily wrong)... But it aint just about the word itself.... far from it...

Of course, I'll get accused of "spilling secrets" & being "weak minded" by the older cats.... and then the discussion will shift off topic to how we young folks dress, and how we treat women, and the rap music, this that & the third.... Classic deflection tactics....

You know it's bad when you have the same discussions/debates over & over again, to the point where you can accurately predict the a] format, and b] outcome of them....

Much like the express bus / [local bus/subway] debates :(

yeh, okay Shortline.... keep telling me to go after someone else to keep the heat off you....

Yes, unfortunately....

Quite frankly, it's one I'm sick of havin....

I don't like to use the term IRL (in real life), but it's not just on the internet where I get into it w/ old heads... And my stance everytime is, they have every right to feel the way they do with what they been through.... However, don't preach to us younger heads like we don't know the history of the word... Don't try to pound it into our heads that that word should hold the same meaning & power as it does to you guys.... We can't possibly relate first-hand to those effed up experiences they went through in yesteryear.... If it sounds like I'm suppressing my thoughts a bit, it's b/c I am.... Believe me, I'm trying not to get all too deep into this right now....

To keep it 100, to me, it's an underhanded way of keeping racial tensions alive/strong(er).... A lot of older brothas I know, still have that "don't let 'them' get away with that", "fight the power" mentality....

I'm sorry, but to those like Shortline, and who else feels that strongly about the word.... I don't see a non-black person as THE enemy... Suffice it to say, I'm more wary of my own damn kind (this is where the "self-hate" remarks come in).... St Louis can say no one should be using the word at all in any spelling or w/e (which he's not necessarily wrong)... But it aint just about the word itself.... far from it...

Of course, I'll get accused of "spilling secrets" & being "weak minded".... and then the discussion will shift off topic to how we young folks dress, and how we treat women, this that & the third.... Classic deflection tactics....

You know it's bad when you have the same discussions/debates over & over again, to the point where you can accurately predict the a] format, and b] outcome of them....

Much like the express bus / [local bus/subway] debates :(

I understand where you're coming from, and yes there is a lot of racism that isn't discussed amongst minorities in general, so it isn't all about whites being racist. Believe me I notice this from all groups of people and minorities are just as racist as whites, so like you I don't trust anyone quite frankly.

I think it isn't as bad as it was during say Shortline's generation, but it is more pushed under the rug to try to make it seem like we're integrating more, but in many ways folks are still quite segregated. I don't know if I bring the worst out in people, but for some reason they are very open and straightforward around me and they'll just say exactly what is on their mind, so behind closed doors, you'll still hear comments about folks that wouldn't be said in public and then of course they'll say that they were just joking to smooth it over. lol

Quite frankly though, part of the problem is that no one wants to have these sorts of conversations. The timing or topic is never right, so they get swept under the rug and we go on and then it just festers. Folks don't like to be uncomfortable and as long as everything looks okay on the surface then all is "well".

I understand where you're coming from, and yes there is a lot of racism that isn't discussed amongst minorities in general, so it isn't all about whites being racist. Believe me I notice this from all groups of people and minorities are just as racist as whites, so like you I don't trust anyone quite frankly.

I think it isn't as bad as it was during say Shortline's generation, but it is more pushed under the rug to try to make it seem like we're integrating more, but in many ways folks are still quite segregated. I don't know if I bring the worst out in people, but for some reason they are very open and straightforward around me and they'll just say exactly what is on their mind, so behind closed doors, you'll still hear comments about folks that wouldn't be said in public and then of course they'll say that they were just joking to smooth it over. lol

Quite frankly though, part of the problem is that no one wants to have these sorts of conversations. The timing or topic is never right, so they get swept under the rug and we go on and then it just festers. Folks don't like to be uncomfortable and as long as everything looks okay on the surface then all is "well".

Not going to call out names B35 but I am just blunt and honest. I don't see you go after others B35, who say far worse than me.

Anyhow i contacted the mods and let them make a decision on when it's apporiate the 'n' word or not. There need to be a clear (which this forum does not have). I did grew up in much earlier era i.e the '80's/early '90's when saying it was a taboo.

If Messino said that on the street as a White Male I am sure he be in big trouble. At least he could have been clear in his post it was only from the Wu-Tang clan which he did not.

In the context that he used it, I see nothing wrong. I think you took it out of context. White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, etc.... It's 2011. People of all backgrounds use the word these days. I don't believe it was used as a slur at all. The "z" at the end of the word told me everything I needed to know. However, I know that some people are more sesitive to the use of the word than others. We hade a HUGE debate about this some month back. As long as it's not meant to be a racial slur, we don't object to the use of it on the forums. It doesn't matter to me who uses it. It's a part of life whether people like it or not.

No one should be using the word reguardless of how its spelled...PERIOD!!!QUOTE]

Everyone has their own opinion on that........

Now, back to the subject at hand please........

Big Yawn to all you people....this thread is about a MBTA DRIVER selling crack on the job....they must not have any overtime in Mass.....but really people....are you having the N discussion in a transit forum? .....Just seems so lame to me.........

Big Yawn to all you people....this thread is about a MBTA DRIVER selling crack on the job....they must not have any overtime in Mass.....but really people....are you having the N discussion in a transit forum? .....Just seems so lame to me.........

This isn't the first time, or the second. And I'm sure it won't be the last. So let's just drop it. No further comments needed.

As for the driver....... Just plain stupid. Now she has no job, and will face charges.

Shame on her! Makes me think, wth do the MBTA pay.....

Apparently, not enough, since she needs to supplement her income...........

LOL... Selling crack on the job... Maybe she needed some pocket money... :eek:

I guess MBTA doesn't pay enough, so she can have pocket money. Their union can use this, saying, we are so underpaid, we have to sell crack to make ends meet..........

"niggá" is a form of endearment used by urban youth, including myself. It can be compared to "dude", it is a completly different word compared to "niggёr", which is a dirty, degrading word.

A form of "endearment"? Don't love me. I may be older than most around here but at least I still have the good sense to know when Me and my people are being degraded.

I am young but still never used the word heck white ppl my age use it more than I do!!! and I am black

Hell, I didn't know crack was still used. I thought the crackheads either all died or switched over to meth. Oh well, f**k her. Drug dealers are the scum of the earth.

Where have you been? Everytime I ride the damn subway ironically in the IND line like (A)(C)(G) and (F) I get crackheads asking for money all the time. You can tell they smoking that rock too with there orange or black teeth. (That is if they even have teeth.) Why does the IND go to the worse neighborhoods is beyond me.

This driver had a good thing going for her huh? I'd say she's actually one of smartest dealers so far. Like always on the move so there ain't a fiend line up. (The number one reason for alot of crack dealer's demise,) She interacts with alot of people and hand out 'Transfers' will make people think of nothing. And she had a good customer base if she had THAT much money on her, the cops won't say how much. I think someone ratted her out or the DEA got hip to her. But either way smart ass dealer. Now let's just hope she can now fight off the gorilla women in jail.

Where have you been? Everytime I ride the damn subway ironically in the IND line like (A)(C)(G) and (F) I get crackheads asking for money all the time. You can tell they smoking that rock too with there orange or black teeth. (That is if they even have teeth.) Why does the IND go to the worse neighborhoods is beyond me.

This driver had a good thing going for her huh? I'd say she's actually one of smartest dealers so far. Like always on the move so there ain't a fiend line up. (The number one reason for alot of crack dealer's demise,) She interacts with alot of people and hand out 'Transfers' will make people think of nothing. And she had a good customer base if she had THAT much money on her, the cops won't say how much. I think someone ratted her out or the DEA got hip to her. But either way smart ass dealer. Now let's just hope she can now fight off the gorilla women in jail.

ur right!!! Cause if the IND cut off those neghborhoods there would be a riot and MTA would lose too much money!!!! and ridership its not worth abandoning.

Archived