Hello, I'm new here

Mistro

Hello members. I have a passion for trains, Buses, and planes that I cannot understand. Particularly trains. I don't know what it is about them but I loved them since I was like 5. I am an artist and I currently am working on a 3D model of an r26 car. I was looking for some specs to get exact dimensions when I stumbled on this site. I read through some threads and decided I must join here.

I remember my first experience on the subway; it was terrifying. My mom brought me into the Schenectady entrance of the Utica Ave. Station back in 1974 or 5 I believe. I remember the bright yellow handrails and the wooden turn stiles and the light bulbs that glared off the beams that were painted dark blue with yellow on the inside. There were no neon lights at that time. The trains looked sick as they rocked into the station. We got on the express #5 going uptown (the 5 and 2 were on the Newlots line at that time). As my mom held my hand, I was crying in terror as the train bounced at a very high speed through the tunnel making that very loud rhythmic noisewith the windows open. :eek:

That was my introduction to the NYC transit system. After that I suddenly couldn't wait to ride them and always made an effort to get to the front to look out the window.

Hope this intro wasn't too long. I look forward to engaging in many discussions here.

• 1 month later...

Archived