(4) train moving with open doors!

R160

I was going to school this morning. It was around 7:50 at the Bowling Green station. As the doors are closing, a guy runs to get off. He manages to stick his foot in the door and tries to push it open...but then the train starts moving. The train moved a couple feet WITH the guy's arm and foot outside the train. Then the train stopped, he got off, and the doors closed with the train continuing as normal.

Twas scary.

You would have to use the door bypass to move the train without indication, so the T/O must be really pissed...

No, the train moving (or rolling) is different from the train taking power. I'm assuming you're going toward Brooklyn (the grade is toward Brooklyn in that station). The train probably rolled because the conductor turned the key causing a click in the T/O cab (but no indication as doors were not fully closed or locked) and the operator attempted to take power. No power should have come, therefore the train rolling until that door closed and locked. I once just released the brakes at the top of the hill on the Manny B stuck in some congestion and the train started to roll before the needle hit 0. I was up to 25 before I took a brake near the portal, no power at all, just gravity.

Archived