Another 12-9 on the Larry

Pelham Bay Dave

A southbound L came in contact with a person on the roadbed at Wilson ave at about 9:40 pm. The person did survive the incident but service was suspend for a half hour between Mytle and broadway junction.

From the report, the train didn't come in contact with the sh*thead though several cars went over him. He did climb up between cars without a scratch on him. Can't say the same for the poor bastard that got chewed up by an (F) at 57/6.

These 12-9 are getting out of hand. Like someone said before their are about 2 a week. Everytime i check this forum I can always count on someone reporting a 12-9. Question for some of the TA operaters, because of all the recents 12-9 does it make you nervous to operate these trains? I remember when Amtrak was having all these trespasser strikes it kinda made me a little weary about coming into a station or passing a station at track speed.

How would that help a drunk since that's what caused this 12-9 and most others in the subway.

The phone could be connected to an office with cameras monitoring the platforms, which in turn could be overseen by humans that could change the signals in time for the train to not enter the station.

It isn't rocket science.

- A

The phone could be connected to an office with cameras monitoring the platforms, which in turn could be overseen by humans that could change the signals in time for the train to not enter the station.

It isn't rocket science.

- A

By making a statement like that, why do you and so many others have the false impression that a person who wants to get hit by a train comes in here with the idea that the person is already on the tracks waiting to get hit?

99.99% of 12-9's happen because they jump in front of the train at the point where there is no way for the train to stop. A drunk because of his state misjudges where the train really is and gets hit.

It isn't rocket science.

- A

Oh I forgot, your the expert on everything here aren't you? For someone with out a job, you seem to like telling people how their jobs should be done and how things work. As Bill pointed out, drunks and jumpers get hit when its too late to stop the train. Nice try though.

By making a statement like that, why do you and so many others have the false impression that a person who wants to get hit by a train comes in here with the idea that the person is already on the tracks waiting to get hit?

99.99% of 12-9's happen because they jump in front of the train at the point where there is no way for the train to stop. A drunk because of his state misjudges where the train really is and gets hit.

To prove your point, I wonder if anyone can find that video if the lady on the tracks at 125th on the (4)(5)(6). She entered the tracks right at the head of the platform, giving the T/O ample time to see her and stop well outside the station, allowing others to remove her from the tracks. /suicide fail.

-Dan

To prove your point, I wonder if anyone can find that video if the lady on the tracks at 125th on the (4)(5)(6). She entered the tracks right at the head of the platform, giving the T/O ample time to see her and stop well outside the station, allowing others to remove her from the tracks. /suicide fail.

-Dan

The butch was just calling for attention. If she really wanted to end her life she would've touched the third rail.

-Dan

And she's the other .01% because most would probably have second thoughts when they see the train barreling down on them.

Quick question. Is it possible that more people die of heart attacts on the subway then 12-9's each year?

I guess it depends on how they go. If youre standing there then maybe but the ones that walk right in front no.

Archived