Balance on Metrocards

I have about (20) Metrocards that all have a balance of $1.50. Is it possible to have all balances transferred on to one card? :confused:

It is possible. The cards have to be in good condition and must not be 1 year past the expiration date. You have find a token booth that will do 20 for you though. Most only do 3 at a time.

It is possible. The cards have to be in good condition and must not be 1 year past the expiration date. You have find a token booth that will do 20 for you though. Most only do 3 at a time.

Well that's good news. It just didn't make sense for it not to be possible. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Well that's good news. It just didn't make sense for it not to be possible. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Do 3 at a time, then another 3 then another 3 till the balance is on one card! B)

I transfered 280 dollars from 83 cards down to 4 cards over the span of 6 weeks back in the beginning of 2007, then down to 2, now i have 1 with 12 dollars on it :D

- Andy

Do 3 at a time, then another 3 then another 3 till the balance is on one card! B)

I transfered 280 dollars from 83 cards down to 4 cards over the span of 6 weeks back in the beginning of 2007, then down to 2, now i have 1 with 12 dollars on it :D

- Andy

LOL...wow, I thought 20 was bad! I actually did 3 of them today. When I pulled out the cards the agent looked at me as if I were crazy.

It's good to know I'm not the only one that had a little Metrocard stash:D

LOL...wow, I thought 20 was bad! I actually did 3 of them today. When I pulled out the cards the agent looked at me as if I were crazy.

It's good to know I'm not the only one that had a little Metrocard stash:D

I kept forgetting them at home. I only have 2 now, one is an expired 1 day unlimited from when i organized a family trip the friday before xmas.

- Andy

Also, before my cards are empty on their last day i take some scissors and keeping enough of the card to swipe i trim them into an interesting shape, i swipe them, then i leave them there for someone to find.

- Andy

Best place to balance out cards is PATH. The MVMs in PATH stations lets you put in odd amounts due to the fact that PATH doesn't have the same fare as the MTA so the MVMs in PATH need to allow odd amounts.

I had $1.05 in a card, then put in $2.45 to have $3.50 on the card for a round trip fare on the PATH.

Archived