Questions about NYCT Bus/MTA Bus Training

RTS4Life

I know. isn't it 4?

It's like 3 - 3 ½ weeks.

After your line training you'll go back to Zerega one more time for graduation, and most of your day afterwards is BSing with your classmates. The very next day you report back to your depot, and you're on ya own.

Your first day will make you nervous. Just get over it right now. lol

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's like 3 - 3 ½ weeks.

After your line training you'll go back to Zerega one more time for graduation, and most of your day afterwards is BSing with your classmates. The very next day you report back to your depot, and you're on ya own.

Your first day will make you nervous. Just get over it right now. lol

LOL!!!:tup:

• 1 month later...

I am being called for my laboratory screening on tuesday what should I expect to happen soon after, how long til I'm actually behind the wheel of a bus (be it an "Orion" or *my personal favorite* the RTS-04)

Speaking of which where can I get a copy of the Bus Operator's Manual for the RTS-04 so I can be 100% ready when I am called to report for training

Hello All, As I stated in my prior post, I was recently called to report to 180 Livingston St for the drug/alcohol screening for exam #8006 (Bus Operator *TA*)

-Background-

I was issued my list# on Jan 11 2012 and was given the Comprehensive Personnel Document (CPD-B)that same day, On January 17 2012 I reported back to 180 Livingston for the BOSS Exam. I obtained my CDL-B Permit with the proper endorsements soon after.

As I stated previously, I am reporting back to 180 Livingston St on Tuesday February 28 2012.

I'm just wondering what happens after the Drug/Alcohol Screening

• 2 weeks later...

MaBS, Get to Zerega around 530 - 6 am if u want to find parking nearby (If you are driving). As far as what will happen - you will do more paperwork the whole day. By the end of the day, they will tell you where to report on tue for your 1st day of qualifying. Good luck.

I have yet another few questions...

1, How long is it until uniforms are issued, as per the lady I spoke to during my interview at 180 Livingston, I was instructed to purchase a light blue long sleeve uniform shirt and other uniform articles.

2, How many more books will I be walking away with from Zerega Av,

I'm too excited about this

it will be after you qualify and it will come before you go on your own you will be measure on your first day at zerega but will not get the uniforms untill you qualify you may be given your training book then or the next day keep it and take care of it good luck and keep your nose clean

Somebody knows why MtA might have reschedule the new TA exam, are they still take people from exam 8006. If someone has info please share thanks.:tup:

I would suggest you post in a separate thread as this one is for those asking questions regarding the "training", not the "hiring" process, or those who haven't been called yet.

Also, since I'm going in as "TA" and not "MaBSTOA" any ideas on which depot I may be assigned to?

You'll be able to pick from whatever depots they have open. They'll give you the option depending on your class seniority. If they have depots only available in the Bronx, and live in Brooklyn, then you'll have to work in the BX until the system pick. Keep in mind, if you pick into Queens or Staten Island, then you are stuck for life.

Good luck. ;)

this is for mabstostart and all lthe new people of NYCTA its only one way you can pass probation and that is to go by the rules and the what you are told in the class room your ten day will all be on a bus open your eyes and ears and be a sponge take it all in but most inportant listen and be willing to learn