Questions about NYCT Bus/MTA Bus Training

RTS4Life

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey i will b going for training in zerega pretty soon, ive been reading this forums post nd im already grateful for signing up. hopefully in a couple of months i can b outthere on the road wit most u fine drivers. just want to know once ur probation is over do u get a set schedule or will u have to work one shift this week nd a different one next week etc... and whats vacation time like for the first few years.

My condolences to whoever was in the middle of training yesterday and clipped their mirror on a truck on 3rd Ave around 14th. Tough break, supervisor did not look impressed.

Ouch!!!!! That's going to leave a mark.

My condolences to whoever was in the middle of training yesterday and clipped their mirror on a truck on 3rd Ave around 14th. Tough break, supervisor did not look impressed.

Ouch!!!!! That's going to leave a mark.

definitely not good but i found most instructors are forgiving. the student will definitely do day 10. On our first day of line training one girl rear ended another bus. she was sent for drug test ASAP. remember, SLOW DOWN. no one's rushing you.

Any news on Igor

Hey Goose! Just an update on Igor he sent me an email a few days ago that he messed up on day 6 so he couldn't`t qualify on day 7. Had day 9 and 10, and he's in a nervous break down, because he really wants it bad...after that nothing else. Today was Day 10 so let's see...we were in the boat like him while back...did read my email about Siegel? Let me know...

Hey Goose! Just an update on Igor he sent me an email a few days ago that he messed up on day 6 so he couldn't`t qualify on day 7. Had day 9 and 10, and he's in a nervous break down, because he really wants it bad...after that nothing else. Today was Day 10 so let's see...we were in the boat like him while back...did read my email about Siegel? Let me know...

good news day 9 i qualified supt Doyle he`s very good if who ever get`s him he explained the turns alot better on left and right turns supt santos explained the best on parking the bus and straight backing of the bus. day 8 and 9 i had doyle so i`m in now zerega monday 2 train on the rts

Does anyone suggest taking CDL lessons before the training and getting your license before even being called up?

u do need a cdl permit when they call u but i did it on my own time getting the cdl lincese 1st be 4 the mta hired me i did it so i have one less obstacle to worry about. if u wanna have 1 less obstacle 2 worry about i would say go 4 it but lets say u have the cdl license u still gotta learn to drive the bus there way the mta way u just won`t have 2 take the dmv road test that`s all.

u do need a cdl permit when they call u but i did it on my own time getting the cdl lincese 1st be 4 the mta hired me i did it so i have one less obstacle to worry about. if u wanna have 1 less obstacle 2 worry about i would say go 4 it but lets say u have the cdl license u still gotta learn to drive the bus there way the mta way u just won`t have 2 take the dmv road test that`s all.

ok cause i read in the dcas notice that you had to do one or the other.  and have you begun line training yet igor?

Edited by BreeddekalbL

• 1 month later...