Questions about NYCT Bus/MTA Bus Training

RTS4Life

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happen to everyone? Anyone else training 

I'm  very close however, I'm Still waiting for medical ever here. Unfortunately, Mrs Chestnut is out until Monday & her fill in was either extremely overwhelmed in her absence or actually didn't know if he was coming or going.

enjoy Staten island.... muhahahahaha!

OH, I WILL...i was one of the 5 who WANTED Staten Island lol :lol:

Congrats to those who have passed recently its a cool job :D

applause.gif

hanks so much!

I'm  very close however, I'm Still waiting for medical ever here. Unfortunately, Mrs Chestnut is out until Monday & her fill in was either extremely overwhelmed in her absence or actually didn't know if he was coming or going.

did you do drug test already? what exam are you coming off of and your list #?

What happen to everyone? Anyone else training 

I was wondering the same thing. I remember wishing lawkev gd luck a few days ago and now I can't find em in any where on this site anymore. Have u heard from em? The last I remember he was going for day 10. I'm still waiting 4 the final process call. Exam #8094 List #291*. By the way U have been a great help as far as giving info about certain manuvers and handling the bus during training. Thanks so much.

OH, I WILL...i was one of the 5 who WANTED Staten Island lol :lol:

hanks so much!

did you do drug test already? what exam are you coming off of and your list #?

Yes M'aam I took my drug test on the 2nd. The same exam as you 8094 #39XX from the last two conversations I had with the liaison in regards to which list # they are up to for medical and I was told 3548 and that was early last week. She is out this week so I'm waiting for her to return on monday because her replacement seemed as though he was totally confused.

My boy got sent to SI with about 20+ other B/O

He must be sick. Along with everyone else.

Congrats to all of you who made it. Better SI than nothing

I am one of the people who went to staten island but in my case I went there willingly...put the transfer in for S.I. on day 1 (orientation) so when we found out we were going, I was THRILLED!! to say the least - 25 of us went in total...only 5 of us wanted to be there.

Who's your friend?  And was he in the 7/15 class?

Yes M'aam I took my drug test on the 2nd. The same exam as you 8094 #39XX from the last two conversations I had with the liaison in regards to which list # they are up to for medical and I was told 3548 and that was early last week. She is out this week so I'm waiting for her to return on monday because her replacement seemed as though he was totally confused.

my husband is 433x - he took the BOSS survey June 12th - he is just waiting for them to call him for the drug test and get the process rolling.  I hope they are going to exhaust exam 8094 and all those that took the survey to become B/o so he has a shot of getting in.

Edited by Flowerpower

my husband is 433x - he took the BOSS survey June 12th - he is just waiting for them to call him for the drug test and get the process rolling.  I hope they are going to exhaust exam 8094 and all those that took the survey to become B/o so he has a shot of getting in.

From the sound of things they are planning to. It just seems like as soon as they got a little closer to my number thing's aren't moving as fast that is probably due to fact that alost everyone is qualify During medical and filling the classes quickly which is a good thing for them but agonizing to those waiting behind them lol.  Has your hubby been checking with HR on his status and the movement of the list?

So what is new with everyone.  Anyone in a depot or training to become a B/O.

I'm still waiting for final process. As soon as I get in the training depot I'll be sure to ask all the questions I have for you as you are very accurate with most of your answers. 1 question for now is does the MTA start payig you from when you start line training? Thanks

Get you paid from day 1. You have 2 types of  training. The first one is to Learn how to drive for MTA 1-6 days and take a 19A road test on day 7 you must qualify if not then you must get more training on day 8 your next road test day 9. If you don't qualify You have one more shot day 10. You must qualify if you want to go on to the second part of the training.If you don't pass  by day 10 your done. You will have to wait 5 years to come back. If qualify then you move on to second part which is Line-training. Whatever depot you get you need to learn all the lines in that depot it's about  4 weeks of training. Once your done with line- training and have no problems then you will graduate you will get your wheelchair key and badge. 

I forgot if you only have a CDL permit you need to take the dmv road test you only have 2 tries to pass it.If you don't pass it your done.

Get you paid from day 1. You have 2 types of  training. The first one is to Learn how to drive for MTA 1-6 days and take a 19A road test on day 7 you must qualify if not then you must get more training on day 8 your next road test day 9. If you don't qualify You have one more shot day 10. You must qualify if you want to go on to the second part of the training.If you don't pass  by day 10 your done. You will have to wait 5 years to come back. If qualify then you move on to second part which is Line-training. Whatever depot you get you need to learn all the lines in that depot it's about  4 weeks of training. Once your done with line- training and have no problems then you will graduate you will get your wheelchair key and badge. 

I forgot if you only have a CDL permit you need to take the dmv road test you only have 2 tries to pass it.If you don't pass it your done.

uh huh

Edited by Syrenity

So do those 2 people get fired since it was line training? What if that was the 7-10 day training then what would'a happened? What borough were they in? That's pretty scary do to the fact that you only get trained for 5 days of driving the MTA way. I hope no one got hurt in those 2 accidents. 

Hello all I'm a week away from heading up to zerega to begin training on 8/12 and from what I've read on here if I keep my head down and listen to what the instructors say I should be fine. I've had two years experience driving a straight truck through the streets of NYC and at the risk of sounding overly confident I enjoy the challenges of driving in our great city and think this is going to be the most challenging adventure yet. Other than taking everything slow and steady and listening does anyone have any pointers in moving from trucks to busses?

Hello all I'm a week away from heading up to zerega to begin training on 8/12 and from what I've read on here if I keep my head down and listen to what the instructors say I should be fine. I've had two years experience driving a straight truck through the streets of NYC and at the risk of sounding overly confident I enjoy the challenges of driving in our great city and think this is going to be the most challenging adventure yet. Other than taking everything slow and steady and listening does anyone have any pointers in moving from trucks to busses?

Congrats on making it all the way through the processing. If you don't mind me asking what Exam are you from and what's your list #. I'm from Exam #8094 and my list # is 291*. Thanks