Questions about NYCT Bus/MTA Bus Training

RTS4Life

No I just have the permit. These instructors tho teach u how to drive that bus with ease and at ur own comfort. I've waited 5 long years for this opportunity and I'm not gonna let it go that easy. I'm off the 8094 exam which is a conductor exam. When they sent me a letter back in May of'13 if I was interested in takin the B/O BOSS survey well I took it. I'm glad I did cause it's going to pay off at GOD's will. The logo I put up as my photo is where I picked to go after my line training and it's also a TA depot and it's in my borough which is Queens. I'm very excited and ready to get the ball rolling. How long ago did u take that test?

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took the exam jan 2013, & the boss in June 2013. I already have my class B license. What yard did you pick? I can't zoom in on the pic.

Do u have a passenger endorsement on that CDL? If u don't make sure u get it b4 they ask u to come in for the pre interview. I chose Casey Stengel depot cause it's close to my house and it's TA. That's the one by Shea stadium aka citified. Remember keep ur CDL bad driving habits at the door and remain humble. The reason I say that is cause there's one guy on the bus with me and he's had his CDL for 14yrs and he gets picked on every time he's behind the wheel. It should take a few months b4 they send u the pre interview application and also depending on how many people they need for B/O. Is exam 2613 TA or OA?

Day 5 went well and I was told that tomorrow we'll be going back to the city for heavier traffic situations and more bike traffic. My instructor said any mistakes tomorrow and he'll be pulling on that trolley brake. I'm reaching the finish line and at GOD's will I'll cross it. Wish me luck y'all. Thank you.

Moski79er. From what it sounds best thing to do is just keep it to your self if you have driven before. I also have my license now for some years I am trying to keep good habits when im driving my schedules. But I am curious to know which kinds of things are considered to be bad habbits. It would help me to know if you could elaborate a bit. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Also I would like to wish you good luck Moski79er in reading you previous post your very passionate about this career job so good luck buddy

Moski79er. From what it sounds best thing to do is just keep it to your self if you have driven before. I also have my license now for some years I am trying to keep good habits when im driving my schedules. But I am curious to know which kinds of things are considered to be bad habbits. It would help me to know if you could elaborate a bit. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4Also I would like to wish you good luck Moski79er in reading you previous post your very passionate about this career job so good luck buddy

Hey Manwell! I guess u mis read my previous post cause I'm just a CDL permit holder and need to pass the DMV road exam to obtain my license. So I've never driven anything bigger than a 20ft Uhaul moving truck. As far as bad habits go I've got one CDL license person with me on the bus(14yrs experience school bus driver) and he's having a hard time maneuvering the bus the way the instructor wants him to. They want you to hold the wheel at 3&9 positions, they want u to scan the mirrors every 3to5 seconds, they want u to drive there way cause it's the only way. As a permit holder it's much easier for me cause I just do what he tells me and it's easier for me to do it cause I've never driven a bus or anything bigger. Thanks for the gd luck wishes Manwell cause I needed it tomorrow cause it's my day 7 so I'm reading that book right now getting it in.

The fat lady has finally sung and I made it through day 7 smoothly. Thank u GOD. I gotta be at Zerega tomorrow for the RTS training and some paper work. YES! Good luck to all the new classes coming on in the future. Any questions about the training don't be shy to PM me and I'll be glad to help with my knowledge and experience.

Thank u. Where've u been and how is SI going? Did u do ur dmv road exam yet?

Yes, I took my road test in Aug. while I was in Line Training.  (that will start for you in 6 days - people still have to finish  day 8, 9, 10 and then you will have 2 HR days, after that line training starts)

I finished all my line training and express training the first week of Sept.  Our class graduated on Aug. 28th.  We picked out depots while in express training and started on our own on Sept. 8th  

I have been working like crazy - I am on the extra list at Castleton.  I am a PM report which means I report any time between 2pm - 5pm.  Any questions you have just send them on over...I will try to answer you right away.  What borough/depot are you hoping to get in?

Yes, I took my road test in Aug. while I was in Line Training.  (that will start for you in 6 days - people still have to finish  day 8, 9, 10 and then you will have 2 HR days, after that line training starts)

I finished all my line training and express training the first week of Sept.  Our class graduated on Aug. 28th.  We picked out depots while in express training  because my class was all forced to staten island...(you should be picking your depots on the day 2 of HR days) and started on our own on Sept. 8th  

I have been working like crazy - I am on the extra list at Castleton.  I am a PM report which means I report any time between 2pm - 5pm.  Any questions you have just send them on over...I will try to answer you right away.  What borough/depot are you hoping to get in?

The HR days r those in 180 Livingston or zerega? I'm looking forward to working at night but whatever they give me I'll take it. I chose Casey Stengel cause I live close to that depot and it's a TA depot. After u passed the driving training did u go to SI right away or they sent somewhere else 1st? Did ur husband ever start any of his pre employment or DT process yet?

The HR days r those in 180 Livingston or zerega? I'm looking forward to working at night but whatever they give me I'll take it. I chose Casey Stengel cause I live close to that depot and it's a TA depot. After u passed the driving training did u go to SI right away or they sent somewhere else 1st? Did ur husband ever start any of his pre employment or DT process yet? Another question is when did u get ur 1st pay after ur 7/10 days training?

Edited by Moski79er

everything moving forward is at Zerega...you will do RTS training day 8, 9 & 10...easy days.  

I went to S.I. to do line training right after the 2 HR days.  They pulled me out of line training to go to do a pre-road day at zerega and then again road test at zerega.  

My husband has not started any pre employment yet...he is still waiting for the letter to go for drug test.  

I got my first pay check on 8/1 (I started 7/15) so right after your first 2 weeks you should get paid.

The HR days r those in 180 Livingston or zerega? I'm looking forward to working at night but whatever they give me I'll take it. I chose Casey Stengel cause I live close to that depot and it's a TA depot. After u passed the driving training did u go to SI right away or they sent somewhere else 1st? Did ur husband ever start any of his pre employment or DT process yet? Another question is when did u get ur 1st pay after ur 7/10 days training?

did you actually choose your depot yet officially (I think they do that on one of the HR Days).  My class didn't choose - we were supposed to but since we were all forced to staten island they just sent us all to staten island the next day (Day 15).

staten island does things a little differently then the other boroughs.  In Staten Island we go to all the depots to learn all the local lines.  Our line training was a month long then another week of express training on the MCI buses and new prevost buses with bklyn battery tunnel training and jersey (lincoln tunnel training)  THEN after all that we were able to pick our depots (or be placed depending on seniority).

No,I didn't get to choose my depot but they had a paper that said Queens/ Staten Island transfer. I chose my Queens depot on that sheet of paper but I still have to go to where ever they send me until my name comes up and I go to where I chose. I guess I'll find out more later today and c where they'll be sending me. I heard about that class last wk from someone that was in ur class getting sent to SI. When did u get ur badge and W/chair key and how's the uniform thing works? Ty

Hey guys, just finish my medical and processing. I start training at zerega October 21rst.... I was wondering where could I get the required uniform for training..... I took exam 2301

Any army and navy store will do just fine. I got my dickie light blue shirt and dickie dark blue pants from there and that was just fine with MTA. Gd luck to u and just pay attention to every detail the instructor tells u from the 1st day on the training bus.

Finally drove the RTS today which was not bad at all but I'd prefer the Hybrid any day over that. I think it's because I spent 7 days training on the hybrid and got so used to it. That's just my opinion. One more day of RTS and a lil more paper work and I graduate on Wednesday. Thank u GOD!