Questions about NYCT Bus/MTA Bus Training

RTS4Life

Finally drove the RTS today which was not bad at all but I'd prefer the Hybrid any day over that. I think it's because I spent 7 days training on the hybrid and got so used to it. That's just my opinion. One more day of RTS and a lil more paper work and I graduate on Wednesday. Thank u GOD!

damn! 3 years ago we train on the rts and only got our hand on the hybrid after qualifying.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn! 3 years ago we train on the rts and only got our hand on the hybrid after qualifying.

Lol. I also think it's a good idea if they train us on the RTS 1st and then teach us the basics about the hybrid,either way u gonna drive both of them regardless. Like I said b4 I'm just happy and humble I've made it this far. Thank u GOD!

Today was day 10 for my class. Unfortunately only 37 out of 49 ppl made it and I'm excited to be 1 of them. Thank GOD! Some jackass hit the RTS bus we were on in the BX this morning and had the nerves to say it was the students fault. Lol. What a day today was. I'm just glad it's all over and tomorrow I'm guessing our HR days begin. I personally can't wait to start the line training and get more driving done that way I'm well prepared for my dmv road test. I also saw the October 7th class today starting their orientation in zerega. Good luck to y'all all.

Today was day 10 for my class. Unfortunately only 37 out of 49 ppl made it and I'm excited to be 1 of them. Thank GOD! Some jackass hit the RTS bus we were on in the BX this morning and had the nerves to say it was the students fault. Lol. What a day today was. I'm just glad it's all over and tomorrow I'm guessing our HR days begin. I personally can't wait to start the line training and get more driving done that way I'm well prepared for my dmv road test. I also saw the October 7th class today starting their orientation in zerega. Good luck to y'all all.

Congrats, I know that's a big weight off your shoulders. Good luck on your road test, do mta schedule the road test or you have to schedule it yourself

Congrats, I know that's a big weight off your shoulders. Good luck on your road test, do mta schedule the road test or you have to schedule it yourself

Thank u. Yes it was a huge weight off my shoulders cause I woulda been out of a job if I ain't qualify in those 7/10 days. After dealing with MTA training I believe the DMV road test will be like taking candy from a baby, I'm not being cocky but just saying after MTA training I'll be good to go. The MTA tells u to go pay the $40 fee at DMV but not to make an appt. and they pretty much do the rest for ya (MTA). They've told us like a week or 2 into line training they'll pull u off and go to zerega a day b4 to refresh ur memory for the road test and the very next day is ur test. They even show u the route that the DMV will take u on the road test. Thank GOD!

Thank u. Yes it was a huge weight off my shoulders cause I woulda been out of a job if I ain't qualify in those 7/10 days. After dealing with MTA training I believe the DMV road test will be like taking candy from a baby, I'm not being cocky but just saying after MTA training I'll be good to go. The MTA tells u to go pay the $40 fee at DMV but not to make an appt. and they pretty much do the rest for ya (MTA). They've told us like a week or 2 into line training they'll pull u off and go to zerega a day b4 to refresh ur memory for the road test and the very next day is ur test. They even show u the route that the DMV will take u on the road test. Thank GOD!

Thanks for the heads up.... I'll be in the same situation with my current job.... That's why I'm nervous

You'll be alright. Just pay attention to the (MTA) instructor and learn from the others mistake that'll be on ur training bus. Me and the other 3 guys teamed up as 1 and helped each other out with our mistakes in pretty much everything from pre trip insepections to the air brake tests and guess what we all qualified at the same time.

You'll be alright. Just pay attention to the (MTA) instructor and learn from the others mistake that'll be on ur training bus. Me and the other 3 guys teamed up as 1 and helped each other out with our mistakes in pretty much everything from pre trip insepections to the air brake tests and guess what we all qualified at the same time.

That's a good idea, and will def team up.

Well I was wrong about today cause it was GI which is (general information day). I did say that today was graduation day but found out it was not. They told us that graduation is after we r done with line training and then we'll be on our own. We got our picks today and I gotta say I got what I wanted which was Queens but not the depot I wanted. They told 14 of us to report to Queens Village. I don't mind cause at least I'm in my borough and so is the 4 other people that signed the Queens transfer paper in day 1 orientation. Thank GOD! So the ball is starting to roll a lil quickly now and I'm well prepared. I'm still studying for my DMV road exam and keeping my memory fresh with the pre trip and my ALSAPS (brake tests).

Well I was wrong about today cause it was GI which is (general information day). I did say that today was graduation day but found out it was not. They told us that graduation is after we r done with line training and then we'll be on our own. We got our picks today and I gotta say I got what I wanted which was Queens but not the depot I wanted. They told 14 of us to report to Queens Village. I don't mind cause at least I'm in my borough and so is the 4 other people that signed the Queens transfer paper in day 1 orientation. Thank GOD! So the ball is starting to roll a lil quickly now and I'm well prepared. I'm still studying for my DMV road exam and keeping my memory fresh with the pre trip and my ALSAPS (brake tests).

That's a good to hear and keep up the good work

Edited by gotti109

I'm training this Monday, and I wanted to know if we have to buy the tie too? I got my dark blue and light blue button down shirt already.

Also are these acceptable footwear http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/6691-red-wing-shoes/6691-red-wing-mens-athletic-black

Edited by gotti109

FlowerPower how long did it take your husband to get to this point, in other words since how long of a time span in process from taking the initial test to this point.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Gotti109 same question to you how long has your process been from testing to now training. I understand its contingent to test score and TA hiring needs. However trying to get an idea because it seems most wait an average of 4 to 5 years wondering if anyone has been hired in a 2 to 3 yr time span.

FlowerPower how long did it take your husband to get to this point, in other words since how long of a time span in process from taking the initial test to this point.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4Gotti109 same question to you how long has your process been from testing to now training. I understand its contingent to test score and TA hiring needs. However trying to get an idea because it seems most wait an average of 4 to 5 years wondering if anyone has been hired in a 2 to 3 yr time span.

Well I took exam 2301 so its for MTA bus company.... It took about a year because I guess I got a low random list number

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free

I'm training this Monday, and I wanted to know if we have to buy the tie too? I got my dark blue and light blue button down shirt already.

Also are these acceptable footwear http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/6691-red-wing-shoes/6691-red-wing-mens-athletic-black

Yes u do have to buy the tie too. I got a black tie at TJ Max for like $10 bucks. Those shoes will do just fine.Remember this is ur daily outfit everyday starting from orientation till u graduate and get ur badge and W/C key. Edited by Moski79er

Also are these acceptable footwear http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/6691-red-wing-shoes/6691-red-wing-mens-athletic-black Yes u do have to buy the tie too. I got a black tie at TJ Max for like $10 bucks. Those shoes will do just fine.Remember this is ur daily outfit everyday starting from orientation till u graduate and get ur badge and W/C key.

OK thanks for the heads up

Edited by gotti109

My 3rd day of line training was pretty interesting cause I had not 1 but 2 W/chair passengers on an Orion. The 1st was going east bound and the 2nd was going west bound. Remember the Orion W/chair system is just like the RTS from the back door. I wish I had the hybrid but it was very easy to do cause my training kicked in right away and my B/O was very helpful as well. Thank GOD. Tomorrow I go to zerega for pre road test and Thursday is my day with the DMV for the road test which I'm pretty ready for.

Edited by Moski79er

My 3rd day of line training was pretty interesting cause I had not 1 but 2 W/chair passengers on an Orion. The 1st was going east bound and the 2nd was going west bound. Remember the Orion W/chair system is just like the RTS from the back door. I wish I had the hybrid but it was very easy to do cause my training kicked in right away and my B/O was very helpful as well. Thank GOD. Tomorrow I go to zerega for pre road test and Thursday is my day with the DMV for the road test which I'm pretty ready for.
oh wow good luck with your road test.... You working in Staten island right.... Is it a lot of traffic on your route

oh wow good luck with your road test.... You working in Staten island right.... Is it a lot of traffic on your route

Thanks for the luck wishes. I'm getting my line training in Casey Stengel in Flushing Queens. All of the operators there are very nice and very informative about the job. I hope I get to stay there and not transfer or sent any where after my graduation. I'm very blessed to be where I'am right now and humble as well. Thank GOD!