Questions about NYCT Bus/MTA Bus Training

RTS4Life

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went to zerega today for nothing. I guess they don't do pre road test anymore cause they send me right back to the depot I'm doing line training at. I got a big day tomorrow with DMV and that's my road test at zerega. I'm ready to go.

Oh wow, so they told you to report to zerega only to find out you didn't have to go.... Lol that's backward....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

@RTS4life: Thank You!

@gotti109: Lol I know right. There communications r no good at all between depots.

@Flowerpower: That is strange cause they told us that each one of us will get a pre road test regardless if u qualified on day 7/9/10. What's funny is they said the same thing about the simulator and we only used that room to get fitted for our uniforms. Lol.

@RTS4life: Thank You!

@gotti109: Lol I know right. There communications r no good at all between depots.

@Flowerpower: That is strange cause they told us that each one of us will get a pre road test regardless if u qualified on day 7/9/10. What's funny is they said the same thing about the simulator and we only used that room to get fitted for our uniforms. Lol.

Lol that's funny... Did you get your uniforms yet?

Hey people I'm finally an official MTA employee cause I passed my DMV road test today. THANK GOD! Now I just gotta keep my nose clean for a year and I'll be good. I'd like to thank everyone on this forum especially the veteran B/O's that shared there knowledge with me and others that are looking to become city B/O's. Thank you!!!

Hey people I'm finally an official MTA employee cause I passed my DMV road test today. THANK GOD! Now I just gotta keep my nose clean for a year and I'll be good. I'd like to thank everyone on this forum especially the veteran B/O's that shared there knowledge with me and others that are looking to become city B/O's. Thank you!!!

Congrats!!!!! You finally in.... How did it go.... Was it a fast test..... I also wanted to know if you get your bus pass the first day of the 7day training

Whats your list number?

My list number is 163x...I was called back in March to take boss exam for b/o position then drug tested in May and June then medical and hired in July for the July 15th class...I just hit my 3 month Mark as a bus operator and yesterday I got a letter to report next week for drug test for conductors position 

Congratulations..welcome to the family lol

Congrats!!!!! You finally in.... How did it go.... Was it a fast test..... I also wanted to know if you get your bus pass the first day of the 7day training

Thank you! It went pretty well. The DMV examiner made me skip a lot of steps cause each one of us gets 45 minutes to get tested. You get the bus pass at the end of day 1 of orientation. Then day 2 you report to the depot they tell u to and be there b4 ur report time. Take that book with u and read it from cover to cover. Lol

@Flowerpower: Thank you! I'm an official MTA B/O now girl!

Edited by Moski79er

Thank you! It went pretty well. The DMV examiner made me skip a lot of steps cause each one of us gets 45 minutes to get tested. You get the bus pass at the end of day 1 of orientation. Then day 2 you report to the depot they tell u to and be there b4 ur report time. Take that book with u and read it from cover to cover. Lol

@Flowerpower: Thank you! I'm an official MTA B/O now girl!

Thanks for clarifying somethings for me.

@gotti 109: No doubt! I forgot to tell u that u could also ride the subway with that pass. Any questions u have I'll be more than glad to help during ur training. Do ur best not to hit the curbs and don't forget to breathe while ur behind the wheel. I'm serious bro breathe.

I start training on 4/25, I'm looking forward to driving the bus but would like to know how tough is it for a person who just got their CDL permit and haven't drove anything bigger than a mid-sized U-Haul truck. What should I expect before I advance to Line Training?

I couldn't believe how easy it was driving the RTS even on the narrow downtown streets. It's basically like a big van. After a couple of days it's second nature. The "fishbowl" on the other hand with manual steering was a real PITA.

@gotti 109: No doubt! I forgot to tell u that u could also ride the subway with that pass. Any questions u have I'll be more than glad to help during ur training. Do ur best not to hit the curbs and don't forget to breathe while ur behind the wheel. I'm serious bro breathe.

You think its the same... Cuz I'm with MTA bus company and I heard you could only use it for the bus alone.... Lol yeah I'm def going to take my time with everything, make sure I follow instructions, and most importantly breathe in and out clear my mind

Oh u MTA BUS then yea ur only allowed on buses. I believe OA gets the same treatment as TA. Also u can ride the express buses but I think TA and OA is not allowed. Lol. O well u ain't gonna be spending no more money on buses as long as u keep hold on that pass. Lol

Oh u MTA BUS then yea ur only allowed on buses. I believe OA gets the same treatment as TA. Also u can ride the express buses but I think TA and OA is not allowed. Lol. O well u ain't gonna be spending no more money on buses as long as u keep hold on that pass. Lol

Is there parking at zerega or I have to park on the streets

@gotti109: I personally take the q44 cause I live right over the bridge. But like RTS4Life said only in the streets r u allowed to park. You gonna get ur bus pass tomorrow and the location to where u report for ur 7 to 10 days training u never know it could be at zerega.. Good Luck once again on the rest of ur journey. Breathe and like the ROCK says FOCUS... LOL!

@gotti109: I personally take the q44 cause I live right over the bridge. But like RTS4Life said only in the streets r u allowed to park. You gonna get ur bus pass tomorrow and the location to where u report for ur 7 to 10 days training u never know it could be at zerega.. Good Luck once again on the rest of ur journey. Breathe and like the ROCK says FOCUS... LOL!

Thanks bro.... I will keep you guys updated... I guess to play it safe... I'll take the train to zerega

@gotti109: How did orientation go today? Who was ur orientation instructor?

It was good.... A lot of paperwork!!!!!!! I'm exhausted from just that alone Lol.... I had mr olivier... Funny guy. Tmrw I report to JFK depot for my 7 day training.... Got my pass today. Since MTA bus company.... My pass. Color is green