Transfer Question on HBLR

checkmatechamp13

If I wanted to travel from Bayonne to Newark Penn Station, what would be the cheapest way?

If I bought an HBLR ticket with a transfer, and used the transfer to take the #1 bus, what would the fare be? According to NJT, the fare from Exchange Place to Newark Penn Station is $2.35, which is a 2-zone bus fare. What would I have to do-would I have to give the driver the transfer and pay an additional $0.70 (the difference between a 1 zone and 2 zone bus fare)?

If I took the #81 bus to Exchange Place, and then took the #1 to Newark, NJT says that the fare would be $3.90. Is that because the #81 travels through 2 zones?

Or should I just take the HBLR to the PATH?

What would I have to do-would I have to give the driver the transfer and pay an additional $0.70 (the difference between a 1 zone and 2 zone bus fare)?

85 cents ($2.35-$1.50)

If I took the #81 bus to Exchange Place, and then took the #1 to Newark, NJT says that the fare would be $3.90. Is that because the #81 travels through 2 zones?

You're paying $2.35 to get to Exchange Place, plus $.70 for a transfer, plus 0.85 for an extra zone (difference between Zone 1 and Zone 2 price).

85 cents ($2.35-$1.50)

You're paying $2.35 to get to Exchange Place, plus $.70 for a transfer, plus 0.85 for an extra zone (difference between Zone 1 and Zone 2 price).

Thanks. Looks like my family will be taking the HBLR and PATH.

Does anybody have any information regarding the #308 bus to Six Flags. I looked on the NJT website, and they only gave me information regarding the time the buses depart from Newark.

The last time, they said that there were #308 buses leaving Six Flags at 7:00PM and 9:30PM. However, when we got to the bus at 9:30PM, the bus in front left for NYC at around 10:00PM, and we left around 10:30PM. I want to know what is the official schedule that they leave at, because I want my family to get home at a reasonable time (I went with them last time, so I decided to let them go by themselves this time).

This time, according to Google Maps, the #308 only leaves at 8:30PM. The #307 has departures at 6:00PM, 7:00 PM, 9:00PM, and 10:00PM. Is this correct?

Also, what are the other options as far as routes to NYC? Would it be possible to use the ticket meant for the #308 to take the #307 to the #139?

Also, does the #307 stop depart from the same area that the #308 stops in?

If so, what is the schedule for the #307 leaving Six Flags, and does it connect with the #139 to NYC within a reasonable amount of time?

Thanks.

http://njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0308.pdf

This route has LOTS of extras. 553 Bridgeton will be able to say more on this, but passenger demand far exceeds supply to the point where they run more than 10 buses on one trip.

http://njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0307.pdf

You will have to buy a separate ticket, 307-139 would probably cost more.

Thanks.

The last time I was theren't that many buses. Going to Six Flags, there was 1 bus from NYC that came and took maybe 1/3 of the people waiting in line, and then a bus came just for the people in Newark, and it was pretty empty.

Going back, there were 2 buses to Newark/NYC, and they were both filled.

That would be nice if they had those 10 buses spread out (so people don't have to scramble to catch the 8:30PM departure), but I guess they can't figure out how many buses to run until everybody has bought a ticket.

Thanks.

The last time I was theren't that many buses. Going to Six Flags, there was 1 bus from NYC that came and took maybe 1/3 of the people waiting in line, and then a bus came just for the people in Newark, and it was pretty empty.

Going back, there were 2 buses to Newark/NYC, and they were both filled.

That would be nice if they had those 10 buses spread out (so people don't have to scramble to catch the 8:30PM departure), but I guess they can't figure out how many buses to run until everybody has bought a ticket.

I've done the 308 numerous times. I can tell you that the supervisors will make the decision when it comes to what bus will go to what location, and that greatly depends on the amount of people at the bus stop at Six Flags to determine if they should use a bus to Newark Express, New York Express, or Newark First then New York. If there's only 5 or 6 people waiting for that bus on the line, unless you've been waiting for about 15 - 30 minutes, you're gonna wait for a while. Now, if a big group all of the sudden comes about, say 30 or 40 people at one shot, then it'll be a Newark ONLY bus. If it was me, since I don't mind going either place, I would tell the supervisor to send me to both. So, if I had 30 - 40 people, I'd ask him to send me to both so to keep the line moving.

If, for some reason they don't have enough people going to Newark to justify a bus stopping there, would they force you to get on the NYC bus and pay the extra fare, or would they just let you on and accept your ticket to Newark?

I guess to avoid that problem, the last bus to leave is a Newark+NYC bus, right?

If, for some reason they don't have enough people going to Newark to justify a bus stopping there, would they force you to get on the NYC bus and pay the extra fare, or would they just let you on and accept your ticket to Newark?

I guess to avoid that problem, the last bus to leave is a Newark+NYC bus, right?

Not a chance. They have a 13 zone ticket back to NWK. Worse comes to worse, they'll call Howell and ask for more buses.

Archived