Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Via Garibaldi 8

Bus Operator trends

So... I remember back in the old days when B/Os and such would wear their depot jackets or whatever with whatever sort of design that they liked (i.e. their depot logo, etc.), but now those don't seem to exist anymore. I recall my uncle having his own little bus jacket and such and he even gave me a 100st Depot hat, which I have no idea what I did with it. So the question is how come those jackets don't exist anymore and do B/Os still think that wearing the caps with the logos on them are cool? I'm wondering because I usually see only the old time guys wearing those hats. LOL

I see the jackets every now and then.. I see more local 100 jackets though, than depot jackets..

When I was at Ulmer Park, I asked how much a jacket was and they wanted $200. Sorry, I'm not paying $200 for ANY jacket. I don't care what it says or is made of. Most money I have & ever will spend on a jacket was $100 for a Carhart and it was worth every penny. But I cant see spending $200 on those jackets they wear.

I see the jackets every now and then.. I see more local 100 jackets though, than depot jackets..

When I was at Ulmer Park, I asked how much a jacket was and they wanted $200. Sorry, I'm not paying $200 for ANY jacket. I don't care what it says or is made of. Most money I have & ever will spend on a jacket was $100 for a Carhart and it was worth every penny. But I cant see spending $200 on those jackets they wear.

Who makes the jackets anyway? Aren't they custom made in terms of what logo and such you want on it? :cool:

I see the jackets every now and then.. I see more local 100 jackets though, than depot jackets

That seems to be the trend now. Alot of the RIPTA drivers wear their ATU jackets. I saw one guy from Gleason with a depot jacket, it looked pretty sharp but for 200 beans it better be.

Greyhound use to have some nice driver jackets....mostly the old timers with them now.

Who makes the jackets anyway? Aren't they custom made in terms of what logo and such you want on it? :cool:

They still have jackets around & they are about 200$ , you can get a logo on it or what ever , my uncle has one he has his name written in script on it , most drivers get a logo & nick names or their real names . Example " Chris " Aka Bus Master . It looks cool , i want one . And @via garibaldi , they ask what you want on your jacket and then they send it out to get it made i think . I know drivers who have the vest and jackets etc even a sweater that is custom made .

They still have jackets around & they are about 200$ , you can get a logo on it or what ever , my uncle has one he has his name written in script on it , most drivers get a logo & nick names or their real names . Example " Chris " Aka Bus Master . It looks cool , i want one . And @via garibaldi , they ask what you want on your jacket and then they send it out to get it made i think . I know drivers who have the vest and jackets etc even a sweater that is custom made .

Nice! I hope it is "MADE IN USA". Union workers supporting other union workers is the way to go. :cool:

there's a superintendent @ manhattanvill and 1 @ 126th that sells the embroidered jackets. theres also a guy thats usually outside of 126th on payday in a van that sells jackets and hats and vests. My friend that does CRS even has a vest with a tow truck and an RTS on the back...i don't know where he got it made though..