Information on May's Nostalgia Train Ride

+Young+

for $50, ill pass, the low-v is one of my least favorite cars down there next to the slanted safety hazard and those old fashioned looking BMT standards.

Id rather ride the old SMEE cars or the R9 set.

True that! I can ride the Low-V and R1/9 any other time.. Who knows if they come out again for this Yankees Special on the (4). Just like the last 2 yrs... R1/9 I can wait for the end of the year aka Holidays.

TOMC (R12/15/17/33) is what I'm up for.. But sadly its unknown if they will ever return. Ill spend my money on that if they return. Or maybe a Nostalgic ride on a bus OR..... Some other vintage train :P!

True that! I can ride the Low-V and R1/9 any other time.. Who knows if they come out again for this Yankees Special on the (4). Just like the last 2 yrs... R1/9 I can wait for the end of the year aka Holidays.

TOMC (R12/15/17/33) is what I'm up for.. But sadly its unknown if they will ever return. Ill spend my money on that if they return. Or maybe a Nostalgic ride on a bus OR..... Some other vintage train :P!

I caught the Low-V last year in Grand Central, it was on the (S) track.

Nothing new, it's for some event in Woodlawn. I can't remember the finner details, but any time those cars run is a great thing.

Bronx week. There's a street festival up there this week so it would be something different on the IRT to do/see this year than Van Cortlandt Park for families.

If I Find Out Ima Be In Tha Front So I Can RFW And Then Inside The Car.

Seeing as how your info says your 13, it might happen. But if there are children younger then you on the train, they have priority over you for the window.

I Might Show up, Because I want to ride those Low V Cars, It depends How Busy I am, But For the Ones Who want the TOMC, They won't be running for awhile, They Look like shit, I was walking down Fordham Rd and I saw 9016/17 they are pink instead of bright Red, Why Wait to the end of the year, Help The Museum Damnit, The More Money the Museum Make the More The Equipment comes in the future, Stop being Foamers and Bring your ass to the trip. I know 50 dollars is a killer but hey it helps the museum in the outrun.

They'll be chasing no doubt.

Oh for sure Bill. Last year on all the trips, I have never seen so many people get on their phones when we turned the train to go north at Hudson St. People like to bitch about the train, the price of a ticket, the route, the transit museum, and every thing else, but they still chase the train.

IDK about the grown men, but the teenagers have to go with a adult if you are under a certain age. Lets be honest here, who wants go on a railfan trip with your parents? I wasn't allowed to go on that TOMC-Low V trip a few years ago cause I was 17 at the time and no adult was with me, so I had to chase it. Which is ironic as I went on the TOMC trip the year before by myself.

Oh for sure Bill. Last year on all the trips, I have never seen so many people get on their phones when we turned the train to go north at Hudson St. People like to bitch about the train, the price of a ticket, the route, the transit museum, and every thing else, but they still chase the train.

Mmmhmm...and yet when the R9s run every holiday season they are all there but confront them about it and they'll tell you they "don't like to ride." F***ing hypocrisy at its finest, if you don't have the money just say so...if you're too cheap admit it...but BS is BS regardless...

IDK about the grown men, but the teenagers have to go with a adult if you are under a certain age. Lets be honest here, who wants go on a railfan trip with your parents? I wasn't allowed to go on that TOMC-Low V trip a few years ago cause I was 17 at the time and no adult was with me, so I had to chase it. Which is ironic as I went on the TOMC trip the year before by myself.

Lots of railfans under 18 hang out with railfans who are over 18 (although the ones who hang out with the smelly creepy old guys with the pedo mustaches - that's just some f***ed up shit right there). Anyway, a parent or guardian is all that's required for kids. If that's the issue, book with a friend who is of age. I know of a few people who have done it that way, with no problems...

Mmmhmm...and yet when the R9s run every holiday season they are all there but confront them about it and they'll tell you they "don't like to ride." F***ing hypocrisy at its finest, if you don't have the money just say so...if you're too cheap admit it...but BS is BS regardless...

Lots of railfans under 18 hang out with railfans who are over 18 (although the ones who hang out with the smelly creepy old guys with the pedo mustaches - that's just some f***ed up shit right there). Anyway, a parent or guardian is all that's required for kids. If that's the issue, book with a friend who is of age. I know of a few people who have done it that way, with no problems...

LMFAO

I'm not going (nor with the R9s when they run in December, if they do). Work now takes up about 85% of my time

Archived