Nova Lfs 8016 At Ulmer Park

ciboii22

Out Today & Caught 8016 Pull Infront Of The Depot After Doing Driver Training , & Got Some Others . The Doors Are Different On 8016 , The Other Lfs Have Different Doors .

IMG_0584.jpg . IMG_0585.jpg . IMG_0586.jpg . IMG_0587.jpg . IMG_0588.jpg . SAM_1071.jpg . SAM_1074.jpg . SAM_1093.jpg .

3 Videos ........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jII7Uw5-7I .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWU3F_7qX50 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X73hrwFDJXc .

Great catches, so odd to see an MTA bus (that's not a demo) besides an RTS at UP.

IIRC above 8015 all LFSes will have those doors, no?

Thanks & yes I think 8010-8069 will have the same doors . 8007 has different doors .

Could that LFS be former demonstrator 0055?

No , it's for the drivers to train on it until we get ours , 8030-8031 are at zerega they will come to us by next week or the week after .

I operate those on the select service.. Huge improvement in the ride & handling over the RTS. Mirrors are a huge improvement too.. But i can guarantee two things the drivers are going to complain about... There is a 2 second delay when you are at a complete stop, let off the brake and hit the gas, b4 the bus moves.. So it's gonna be tough to pull away from riders banging on the door after they close it... lol

And the transmission jerks alot.. Probably b/c of the retarder. But overall, a decent bus... Also, has less room for the passengers over the RTS.. Which doesn't really make sense to me. Less seats, Less standing room.. but they also take 3 wheel chairs I believe.. At least the ones in the artic versions that I drive.

They are also going to love the fact that they can operate the wheel chair lift from the seat and don't need a key. But they still gotta get up to fold up the seat..

there is also a secret coffee cup holder.. But I'll let them figure it out for themselves.. lol :cool:

I operate those on the select service.. Huge improvement in the ride & handling over the RTS. Mirrors are a huge improvement too.. But i can guarantee two things the drivers are going to complain about... There is a 2 second delay when you are at a complete stop, let off the brake and hit the gas, b4 the bus moves.. So it's gonna be tough to pull away from riders banging on the door after they close it... lol

And the transmission jerks alot.. Probably b/c of the retarder. But overall, a decent bus... Also, has less room for the passengers over the RTS.. Which doesn't really make sense to me. Less seats, Less standing room.. but they also take 3 wheel chairs I believe.. At least the ones in the artic versions that I drive.

They are also going to love the fact that they can operate the wheel chair lift from the seat and don't need a key. But they still gotta get up to fold up the seat..

there is also a secret coffee cup holder.. But I'll let them figure it out for themselves.. lol :cool:

Lol , well maybe the lfsa is built different than the lfs , there was a key on the dashboard when i went inside of it , a driver let me on . It has that new bus smell .

lmao @ pulling away (Id still do it). I heard the ones with the Allison transmissions jerk a lot.

Funny that you mentioned about the lag...I noticed it on 8023 today on the S40. There is apparently a front-door interlock on these buses too. That bus, however, moved pretty smoothly.

Nice catch!

Now that LFS right there looks much better then the others, because of the door, now thats a real bus door! Cant wait to see how these will preform at UP.

Thanks , & yes the door makes it look great . I have a treat for yall later . But i know these lfs will get banged on the B6 , B36 & B74 , your gonna hear about all sorts of problems , scratches , marks , writings all over the bus .

Great shots, hope to see them soon

Thanks & i hope to see them too

actually 8015-8089 the ZF buses will have those doors.

Yea now i know which ones will have different doors i was talking to a driver today about it . I dont know why they are putting different doors on them .

Yea now i know which ones will have different doors i was talking to a driver today about it . I dont know why they are putting different doors on them .

Remember that this is a test fleet so I'm guessing the (MTA) wants to test out different options to see which works best.

Remember that this is a test fleet so I'm guessing the (MTA) wants to test out different options to see which works best.

Well i guess it was just a thought of them putting different doors on them , i think this is the only order mta is placing for nova lfs , i dont think they will place anymore . I dont like this hybrid/nova lfs buses that they made . I like the rts and mcis and the vintage buses , im okay with the new buses but i feel that they should keep the older fleet around more longer but its gonna cost alot of money

Archived