LFS on the S79

LRG

An LFS made a rear appearance on the S79 today. Bus no. 8017 was borrowed by Yukon, and my friend and I rode it from Richmond/Yukon at around 5:35 and rode it to Brooklyn at 86th Street.

Photos will be posted by the weekend as I'm having computer trouble at the moment, sorry!

An LFS made a rear appearance on the S79 today. Bus no. 8017 was borrowed by Yukon, and my friend and I rode it from Richmond/Yukon at around 5:35 and rode it to Brooklyn at 86th Street.

Photos will be posted by the weekend as I'm having computer trouble at the moment, sorry!

I saw 8017 sitting in castleton yard today , it left so i guess it went to yukon or something . My friend said 2 weeks ago he saw a 800x on the S79 too am i was like huh? the lfs only run out of castleton depot not yukon .

Maybe you'll luck out and Charleston may have to borrow an LFS

You could imagine the foaming he'd be doing... LOL

Dude...it was late afternoon and my friend and I rode the S55 from Drumgoole/Bloomingdale to Yukon/Richmond...we were gonna get off and take the S44 back to the North Shore to ride more LFS as we rode some on the S52 and later the S54 in the mid-afternoon but I saw something at the light waiting to make a left turn on Yukon...there was Axion signage and it read S79...I shook my head twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things...it REALLY was an LFS on the S79! And the bus was packed too! It was full all the way to Brooklyn and it was full when it left to make its return trip to the mall.

LFS on the S79 = WINNING !!!!!

Dude...it was late afternoon and my friend and I rode the S55 from Drumgoole/Bloomingdale to Yukon/Richmond...we were gonna get off and take the S44 back to the North Shore to ride more LFS as we rode some on the S52 and later the S54 in the mid-afternoon but I saw something at the light waiting to make a left turn on Yukon...there was Axion signage and it read S79...I shook my head twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things...it REALLY was an LFS on the S79! And the bus was packed too! It was full all the way to Brooklyn and it was full when it left to make its return trip to the mall.

LFS on the S79 = WINNING !!!!!

(S79) => :drool: => LRG

LOL

You guys are lucky that NYCT has such variety. I don't mind the LFS, but I'm waiting to see how badly the MDBF of all the different bus models will suffer when the C40LFRs roll in.

Not to mention I'm tired of smelling burned CNG whenever an Orion V passes by.

1.It was not borrowed

2.Yukon and Charelston ARE NOT GETTING LFS'S It was a 90 BUS order which are all assigned already.

3.It was a Castleton operator working extra service, as well as a few trips done on the 44.

4.Yukon/Charleton Drivers are not trained or qualified to drive NOVAS.

Guys don't be afraid to ask questions when on the buses. We don't hate everyone!! lol

It's better to know facts then to ASSUME!!

1.It was not borrowed

2.Yukon and Charelston ARE NOT GETTING LFS'S It was a 90 BUS order which are all assigned already.

3.It was a Castleton operator working extra service, as well as a few trips done on the 44.

Guys don't be afraid to ask questions when on the buses. We don't hate everyone!! lol

This explains a lot. This week on the X30, I've had buses out of Charleston and also Castleton, which I had never had since the recent depot changes went into effect here on SI. They had all been out of Meredith. So that means that all 4 depots work together then to cover each other is that it?? I'm sure some runs may be trippers in some cases, but not many. Here of late I've seen Meredith and Charleston covering all sorts of runs. I even saw a MCI out of Meredith doing an X10 run.

This explains a lot. This week on the X30, I've had buses out of Charleston and also Castleton, which I had never had since the recent depot changes went into effect here on SI. They had all been out of Meredith. So that means that all 4 depots work together then to cover each other is that it?? I'm sure some runs may be trippers in some cases, but not many. Here of late I've seen Meredith and Charleston covering all sorts of runs. I even saw a MCI out of Meredith doing an X10 run.

NO, the x30 is strictly a Meredith route, the reason for you seeing different buses is because Charleston, Meredith did swap some buses. Charleston didn't put logos on all their buses so on the charelston routes you'll see buses with different logos and the buses that were swapped with Meredith were Castleton buses prior. Charleston is the worst when applying depot logos to buses. As far as the x10 yes there ARE Meredith Buses doing the x10. the ones you see fuel @ Castleton befor doing the trip then pull into Meredith after that trip is finshed.

NO, the x30 is strictly a Meredith route, the reason for you seeing different buses is because Charleston, Meredith did swap some buses. Charleston didn't put logos on all their buses so on the charelston routes you'll see buses with different logos and the buses that were swapped with Meredith were Castleton buses prior. Charleston is the worst when applying depot logos to buses. As far as the x10 yes there ARE Meredith Buses doing the x10. the ones you see fuel @ Castleton befor doing the trip then pull into Meredith after that trip is finshed.

So, in other words, NO one from another depot can fill in if they are short on drivers out of Meredith to do Meredith runs??? The thing is though according to what you're saying, these X30s that appear to be out of Charleston are really Meredith buses, which would mean that Meredith hasn't gotten their stickers changed yet over from the Charleston stickers. However, you are right about Charleston. They are bad w/the stickers and that sucks royally that they swapped MCIs because Meredith had mainly 2800s, which have newer seating for the most part. Charleston has all of the crappier older MCIs, with the exception of a few buses like their 43XXs.

So, in other words, NO one from another depot can fill in if they are short on drivers out of Meredith to do Meredith runs??? Regarding the stickers, yes, Charleston is bad w/the stickers and that sucks royally that they swaped MCIs because Meredith had mainly 2800s which has newer seating for the most part. Charleston has all of the crappier older MCIs.

They try to cover the work from the routes home depot (not the store). But if no one can cover that trip, then they make an announcement over the radio that there's open work and then by all means its first come first serve with the overtime. The ONLY Catch to this is, and this is where its complicated, is that if for any reason Meredith has open work in the morning and their extra list is exhausted, then they can send drivers from Castleton or Yukon only. Meredith is technically an annex and the routes are designated either Castleton or Yukon work for pick purposes. Each driver at Meredith is still either a Castleton or Yukon operator because there is no overtime there and the place is closed on weekends and if a driver wants to put in for overtime or wants to switch a day off for any reason it has to be done at the drivers Home Depot. In addition when we pick for vacation, the vacation is covered from Castleton and Yukon by the Vac Relief list in each depot. Here's how the routes in Mer. are broken down.

x12 and misc runs(runs doing more than one route a day) @ Meredith are designated Castleton runs

x15 x30 are designated Yukon runs

It may be confusing but private message me if need be and I'll try my best to fill in the blanks

They try to cover the work from the routes home depot (not the store). But if no one can cover that trip, then they make an announcement over the radio that there's open work and then by all means its first come first serve with the overtime. The ONLY Catch to this is, and this is where its complicated, is that if for any reason Meredith has open work in the morning and their extra list is exhausted, then they can send drivers from Castleton or Yukon only. Meredith is technically an annex and the routes are designated either Castleton or Yukon work for pick purposes. Each driver at Meredith is still either a Castleton or Yukon operator because there is no overtime there and the place is closed on weekends and if a driver wants to put in for overtime or wants to switch a day off for any reason it has to be done at the drivers Home Depot. In addition when we pick for vacation, the vacation is covered from Castleton and Yukon by the Vac Relief list in each depot. Here's how the routes in Mer. are broken down.

x12 and misc runs(runs doing more than one route a day) @ Meredith are designated Castleton runs

x15 x30 are designated Yukon runs

It may be confusing but private message me if need be and I'll try my best to fill in the blanks

No, I understand totally. :cool: My only question is, why is the X30 a designated Yukon run when it was previously out of Castleton? The route starts right there by Clove and Victory, so having it out of Castleton when Meredith can't take care of the run would be ideal no?? :confused:

The X15 I can see since that was previously out of Yukon and I have seen X12s out of Castleton since Meredith opened. The other day for some reason a X30 had to be put of out service, which was out of Meredith, and we were put on to another bus that was waiting at Richmond & Forest, which was out of Castleton.

1.It was not borrowed

Whoa, whoa...WHOA. I already know for a fact that there are no LFS at Yukon or Charleston and their B/Os aren't qualified to operate them either. However, what I meant by borrowed was that the S79 route was short of a bus to cover the run and Castleton jumped in and put an LFS on the line. In addition, I recall seeing a Castleton NG on the S79 back in January, but I don't know if the driver was a Castleton or Yukon operator.

No need to jump the gun dude...you're making it seem as if I'm lying.

Whoa, whoa...WHOA. I already know for a fact that there are no LFS at Yukon or Charleston and their B/Os aren't qualified to operate them either. However, what I meant by borrowed was that the S79 route was short of a bus to cover the run and Castleton jumped in and put an LFS on the line. In addition, I recall seeing a Castleton NG on the S79 back in January, but I don't know if the driver was a Castleton or Yukon operator.

Didnt say u was a lying man, just wanted to stop anything from going off on a wild tangent. I never disagree with your comments! But you and I know that sooner or later it probably wouldve turned into a post about a Jackie Gleason Driver doing a S79 with Cast Bus 8017 through downtown Manhattan LOL :(

He's just clarifying. Quite frankly I'm glad he did because there have been buses from various depots covering routes all over the place and it is something that you don't really see in the other boroughs.

Archived