M15 SBS To City Hall

SIR North Shore

So, when does the MTA plan on implementing it? They would only need to add 1 new stop and fare machines on Park Row.

Since when did the MTA want SBS to City Hall? They cut the service there back in June, I doubt they will bring it back esp given there hasn't been lots of uproar.

So, when does the MTA plan on implementing it? They would only need to add 1 new stop and fare machines on Park Row.

They never intended to implement it there. That's why they moved all service to South Ferry and had the M9 cover the City Hall branch (they did it to save money, but I think that is why they wanted to get +SBS+ implemented after the reductions, so it didn't look like they were reducing a brand-new +SBS+ route).

I read this title and I got excited ;)

The M9 bascially covers what the M15 City Hall Branch used to go through. This pike-division short-turn is incredibly useless, if they made the short-turn at Chatham Square like they did before, that would've been much better.

How so? Because it would connect to the M103?

By the way, what routing did they take to get there? Did they take East Broadway or did they go down to Madison Street and come back up Catherine Street?

Passengers often transfer at East Broadway for the local for other connections and such. When they did the Chatham Square short-turn. It would take the regular City Hall route but end at Chatham Square, then manuever over to either St James Place or South Street to start another run.

By allowing it to connect with the M103 would bring on another alternative for the area. The M9 is not as reliable as it used to be.

Passengers often transfer at East Broadway for the local for other connections and such. When they did the Chatham Square short-turn. It would take the regular City Hall route but end at Chatham Square, then manuever over to either St James Place or South Street to start another run.

By allowing it to connect with the M103 would bring on another alternative for the area. The M9 is not as reliable as it used to be.

Thanks for explaining that. For years I was confused as to how the M15 turned there (I always thought the buses started at Catham Square and went up).

As for the M9, I blame that on the MTA's refusal to expand service. They don't understand that this line does carry.

lol, never.

Thanks for explaining that. For years I was confused as to how the M15 turned there (I always thought the buses started at Catham Square and went up).

As for the M9, I blame that on the MTA's refusal to expand service. They don't understand that this line does carry.

They really dont, sending that M9 to City Hall was a really bad idea because the ridership no longer exists after 7pm. It just carries a handful of people in both directions. Sending it to V.A Hospital via Avenue C was a brilliant idea in their part considering that Avenue B after 5PM is a nightmare, but shortening the southern terminal all the way to City Hall was a very bad idea. 1/4 of the ridership the line used to have is now non-existant.

They really dont, sending that M9 to City Hall was a really bad idea because the ridership no longer exists after 7pm. It just carries a handful of people in both directions. Sending it to V.A Hospital via Avenue C was a brilliant idea in their part considering that Avenue B after 5PM is a nightmare, but shortening the southern terminal all the way to City Hall was a very bad idea. 1/4 of the ridership the line used to have is now non-existant.

During the daytime it carries. Though I do understand what you mean. I kind of felt though that the TA never really made any attempts to get it back to a route resembling it's pre 9/11 days, and just gave it an unnecessary route through lower Manhattan.

I read this title and I got excited ;)

The M9 bascially covers what the M15 City Hall Branch used to go through. This pike-division short-turn is incredibly useless, if they made the short-turn at Chatham Square like they did before, that would've been much better.

Good points. I do agree that it is pointless to have the buses short turn at Pike. That area [unless those in the housing apts uses the stop by Madison] is pretty much 'dead'.

Speaking of short turn, before MTA service cut, I have seen M22 Westbound ending at Chatham Square as well.

How would M22 Hybrid/RTS would turn around?

Usually after that short turn, they deadhead to the end of the line and start another run. Normally they'd start back at City Hall and continue back up, but others deadhead to the end of the line and start another run

Good points. I do agree that it is pointless to have the buses short turn at Pike. That area [unless those in the housing apts uses the stop by Madison] is pretty much 'dead'.

The only decent thing about it is that the 2nd stop (first stop is by Pathmark) is at Pike/Madison itself, which does and doesnt pick up at all.

During the daytime it carries. Though I do understand what you mean. I kind of felt though that the TA never really made any attempts to get it back to a route resembling it's pre 9/11 days, and just gave it an unnecessary route through lower Manhattan.

I actually liked the Lower Manhattan route, it gave a nice alternative to those who couldnt catch the M15. Also provided a nice alternative to South Ferry. I dont remember the pre-9/11 routing all that much since I never did take the M9 like that. I wish there was a map of sorts.

I actually liked the Lower Manhattan route, it gave a nice alternative to those who couldnt catch the M15. Also provided a nice alternative to South Ferry. I dont remember the pre-9/11 routing all that much since I never did take the M9 like that. I wish there was a map of sorts.

I don't remember it completely, but it use to go across Vessey and then down South End Avenue until it reached its pre 6/10 stop. Though I have to agree that the City hall terminal only serves a small group of people (Like me) and it really doesn't get full until Catham Square.

• 2 weeks later...

A better plan is for the M15 instead of ending at Pike, to end on Houston Street, at Washington Street and then tun at spring and start a new run back on W Houston Street, so then the m15 would become a crosstown, and Allen Street Gridlock is atrocious, once like 5 m15sbs's were in a group. and so that the m15 would be able to access, the m20, m5, m103, m14a,m14d,and m9. So it would go on Houston, turn at ave D, then again on to e1 street to go back to 1st ave.

A better plan is for the M15 instead of ending at Pike, to end on Houston Street, at Washington Street and then tun at spring and start a new run back on W Houston Street, so then the m15 would become a crosstown, and Allen Street Gridlock is atrocious, once like 5 m15sbs's were in a group. and so that the m15 would be able to access, the m20, m5, m103, m14a,m14d,and m9. So it would go on Houston, turn at ave D, then again on to e1 street to go back to 1st ave.

What? Why? You're throwing the route way off course.

Your plan is what the M21 does. Given the already bad congestion problems with Houston Street, coupled with the needs of SBS and dedicated lanes and adding the headway of the M15, your plan would turn Houston Street into a madhouse, and make the situation on Allen Street look like child's play.

The M15 already has access to the M20, M5 (Lower Manhattan), M14A/D (14th Street) and M9 (23rd and 1st, Allen and East Broadway). Because they serve the same purpose, there's no logical reason to connect the M103 with the M15. The problem with Allen Street is all of the Chinatown buses that double park all along the street, coupled with the brilliant decision to take away an entire lane for bikers.

I read this title and I got excited :)

The short-turn should've stayed at Houston St. There's a NB short run to 96 St now

The short-turn should've stayed at Houston St. There's a NB short run to 96 St now

There are Houston Street short turns on the Local and SBS. The 96th Street short-turn was always there, the one that got eliminated was the 79th Street short-turn

Archived