Real Time Bus info coming to MTA Bus Co.

East New York

Real Time Bus Tracking is coming to MTAB next! The system being used in routes B63, M16, and M34, will make its debut on an MTA Bus Co. route by 2012. The MTA plans to eventually roll the system out on all New York City Buses.

I'm being told College Point and Spring Creek depots will be among the first to integrate the service.

http://www.mta.info/capitaldashboard/10_14/CapitalDashBoard7.html

Real Time Bus Tracking is coming to MTAB next! The system being used in routes B63, M16, and M34, will make its debut on an MTA Bus Co. route by 2012. The MTA plans to eventually roll the system out on all New York City Buses.

I'm being told College Point and Spring Creek depots will be among the first to integrate the service.

Oh god, CP routes for the most part are very frequent, have that thing debut on JFK routes damnit, especially the Q8 and Q41!

SI local and express will have them by the end of the year, so looks like MTA Bus is next!

Don't forget the B63 technology is different than the 34th Street one.

Believe me it can't come fast enough!! Damn X1 and X10 especially. :mad:

My question is what if the bus is MIA, which happens a lot on the X10? Will it just show you where the next bus is or when it is coming or what??? :confused:

http://www.mta.info/capitaldashboard/10_14/CapitalDashBoard7.html

Is the (MTA) doing anything to promote the use of the service on the existing lines??

My question is what if the bus is MIA, which happens a lot on the X10? Will it just show you where the next bus is or when it is coming or what??? :confused:

It will give you the location of every bus. It's by GPS, not just a feed of the schedule. If a bus runs ahead of its leader, it'll show that.

It will give you the location of every bus. It's by GPS, not just a feed of the schedule. If a bus runs ahead of its leader, it'll show that.

Nice!! Yeah tonight 5th Avenue was horrible with the damn tourists. Yellow cabs everywhere and while the X12 wasn't too late apparently the one before it must've been really late because we caught up to it and they're supposed to be a good 20 minutes apart. This is very good to know because often times if a bus like the X10 goes MIA, you know the next one will probably be packed, but you get on anyway because who knows if the next one will come. So you get on and it's crowded and you're pissed naturally having waited so long, but then to have to be packed in like a sardine just adds salt to the womb, so this will work perfect for me. :cool:

Believe me it can't come fast enough!! Damn X1 and X10 especially. :mad:

Is the (MTA) doing anything to promote the use of the service on the existing lines??

The service tells you what time the next bus is coming in real time. It doesn't tell you if the next bus is supposed to be the one scheduled at the time or not.

As far as advertising, the only places I have seen info on the service are some buses, and on the MTA homepage.

The service tells you what time the next bus is coming in real time. It doesn't tell you if the next bus is supposed to be the one scheduled at the time or not.

As far as advertising, the only places I have seen info on the service are some buses, and on the MTA homepage.

It would be clear that if two X10s were running 5-10 minutes apart when they're scheduled say 20 minutes apart that one was late. Doesn't matter to me which one. What's important to me is that I miss the crush loaded bus.

Archived