Man hits train, train fine

milkyoreo27

I'm not gonna lie, I had a chuckle or 2 not cuz he was autistic, but cuz the way he described the train and made it seem like it was more important than a person's life

Overall, this was uncalled for :tdown:

Yeah, would have still been somewhat funny even if they didnt make it about the guy being autistic. I dont see humor in making jokes about people who were born with disabilities. Its not something they did to themselves by their own choice.

Never even heard of this "the onion"...

anyway, what was said by dude in the video, would be no different from what some of these fanboys in this community would say....

...and I didn't find this to be remotely funny... just outright stupid....

not ha ha stupid... just stupid.

Well this has been all over the Autism boards and no one has complained except the fact that Autistic people don't act like that. You NT's always seem to assume things easily offend us , they really don't.....

What are you, the spokesperson for every autistic person in existence....

Regardless, the video was still insensitive, given the stereotypes that are out there about "y'all"

(love how you're makin it out to be an "us vs them" thing)....

stereotypes are often exaggerated anyway....

I think some of you are blowing this way out of proportions. It's just a parody. If some of you know of the CBS show 'Big Bang theory' there's a character that's 'full of himself' and acts just like the 'reporter' in this skit does. It's overexhageration. Just chuckle at the absurdity and move on.

Never even heard of this "the onion"...

anyway, what was said by dude in the video, would be no different from what some of these fanboys in this community would say....

...and I didn't find this to be remotely funny... just outright stupid....

not ha ha stupid... just stupid.

True that...I've heard some describe it right down to the done, things I doubt some of the builders themselves would know :eek:

Exactly. Some users here take that offensively...

I wouldnt say I took this video as personally offensive, at the same time though it really is a desperate attemp to be funny. The onoin has just lost what edge they used to have in the early days of internet news parody sites.

What are you, the spokesperson for every autistic person in existence....

Regardless, the video was still insensitive, given the stereotypes that are out there about "y'all"

(love how you're makin it out to be an "us vs them" thing)....

stereotypes are often exaggerated anyway....

Yes i am , at for the Majority of us Well thats how we see the World , theres you NT's and then theres us.....The World appears different to us , Sights , Noise , and Human Contact. But most people in the Aspie community saw past the stereotypes and had a good laugh its the Onion after all. Alot of aspies follow the Onion....

Yes i am , at for the Majority of us Well thats how we see the World , theres you NT's and then theres us.....The World appears different to us , Sights , Noise , and Human Contact. But most people in the Aspie community saw past the stereotypes and had a good laugh its the Onion after all. Alot of aspies follow the Onion....

Any group of people that have stereotypes pit against them, see them for what they are...

....and you NT's, you NT's... kill all that noise about that shit already.... it aint the aspergers in you that makin you come out like this right now... it's just YOU.... If that's how you view the world, then you'll continue to be stuck in your little bubble for the rest of your life...

b/c we aint ya f***** enemy dude.... straight up...

And you're making "normal" (NT is short for neurotypical; guess who uses it) people sound like they're evil.

Any group of people that have stereotypes pit against them, see them for what they are...

....and you NT's, you NT's... kill all that noise about that shit already.... it aint the aspergers in you that makin you come out like this right now... it's just YOU.... If that's how you view the world, then you'll continue to be stuck in your little bubble for the rest of your life...

Aspies feel that way because there usually bullied by normal people and get made fun of, calling them retarded etc, even when in reality when they are not. Most times, people with this disability comes off is odd, they walk funny, talk funny (<<< That's where most of the "Retarded" attacks stem from), are slow in understanding things etc...

Anyone that is young and has Aspies, it ain't hard to see NT's as enemies.

What is an NT?

And you're making "normal" (NT is short for neurotypical; guess who uses it) people sound like they're evil.

to add to Joel's post a bit... it's a term Aspies themselves came up with, to refer to those of us who don't have it.... it's said by them, to be taken as an insult...

Anyone that is young and has Aspies, it ain't hard to see NT's as enemies.

ok, but this guy nexis here aint all that young, fam.....

Well not all of you NT's are evil , but you tend to take advantage of us more and hold us to a higher standard. Just because are IQs are higher doesn't mean were going to act more mature.

Well , alot of aspies laughed that off , it depends who or what group says it. The Onion is protected , since alot of us watch it. Well my inner Aspies is behind alot of this.....i'm pretty Open minded , but i can't say this country is , but thats a whole other different topic.

to add to Joel's post a bit... it's a term Aspies themselves came up with, to refer to those of us who don't have it.... it's said by them, to be taken as an insult...

ok, but this guy nexis here aint all that young, fam.....

We have alot of slang in our community , its called Aspie language....NT isn't negative....its just a term we use to describe people who don't have aspies. I'm 20 , which most people consider young. 30 is when you start getting older , as in midway through your life.

We have alot of slang in our community , its called Aspie language....NT isn't negative....its just a term we use to describe people who don't have aspies. I'm 20 , which most people consider young. 30 is when you start getting older , as in midway through your life.

You're 20.

Which means you should have enough sense to not try to create a rift b/w aspies & non-aspies where there currently is none... ALL aspies aren't on that shit, and all of them certainly don't come across on forums like you're doing right now w/ all this....

Which means you should be old enough to realize that you don't fall into that category of youth that trainfan is mentioning.... don't try to make like you have the same mental capacity as some immature child.... right now, you're no different than people who use their abnormality as an advantage:

- Just because are IQs are higher doesn't mean were going to act more mature.

(look at you pumpin yourself up)

& a disadvantage:

- Well not all of you NT's are evil , but you tend to take advantage of us more and hold us to a higher standard.

(now it's "us" taking advantage of you & you're so incapable)

Again, you don't know what other person w/ Asperger's may have took offense to it.... people can act like somethin doesn't bother them, you know... ever heard of somethin called denial....

What you're doin is puttin ALL aspies under the same belt...

You're not makin it look good for your fellow peers right now, I gotta tell ya, Nexis.....

I thought this was a thread about autism...

You're 20.

Which means you should have enough sense to not try to create a rift b/w aspies & non-aspies where there currently is none... ALL aspies aren't on that shit, and all of them certainly don't come across on forums like you're doing right now w/ all this....

Which means you should be old enough to realize that you don't fall into that category of youth that trainfan is mentioning.... don't try to make like you have the same mental capacity as some immature child.... right now, you're no different than people who use their abnormality as an advantage:

(look at you pumpin yourself up)

& a disadvantage:

(now it's "us" taking advantage of you & you're so incapable)

Again, you don't know what other person w/ Asperger's may have took offense to it.... people can act like somethin doesn't bother them, you know... ever heard of somethin called denial....

What you're doin is puttin ALL aspies under the same belt...

You're not makin it look good for your fellow peers right now, I gotta tell ya, Nexis.....

Well not all of you NT's are evil , but you tend to take advantage of us more and hold us to a higher standard. Just because are IQs are higher doesn't mean were going to act more mature.

Well , alot of aspies laughed that off , it depends who or what group says it. The Onion is protected , since alot of us watch it. Well my inner Aspies is behind alot of this.....i'm pretty Open minded , but i can't say this country is , but thats a whole other different topic.

............................................______ __

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,

.........................,/...............................................”:,

.....................,?........................... ...........................,

.................../.................................................. .........,}

................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}

.............../.................................................. .,:”........./

..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../

...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”

............/.`~,......`-...................................../

.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__

,,_..........}.>-._...................................|........... ...`=~-,

.....`=~-,__......`,.................................

...................`=~-,,.,...............................

................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

I mean honestly, it's a two minute clip that everyone will forget about eventually. Who knew it could be thought into this much?

Archived