R142 on the 6?

pelhamlocal

I think they did, but it was in a mixed R142/A consist back in 2000-2001 or something, but the test ultimately failed because of differences of speed. Just like how the R160A-2/B-2 (B-2= R160 Siemens) failed. But still, there maybe was an R142 on the (6).

I think they did, but it was in a mixed R142/A consist back in 2000-2001 or something, but the test ultimately failed because of differences of speed. Just like how the R160A-2/B-2 (B-2= R160 Siemens) failed. But still, there maybe was an R142 on the (6).

What are you talking about? Mixed consists of Alstom and Siemens propulsion run regularly without any problems.

What are you talking about? Mixed consists of Alstom and Siemens propulsion run regularly without any problems.

Siemens sets accelerate at a faster rate causing harsh bucking samething with R142 and R142A's running together.Do you notice or realize the Kawasaki trains in the system move quicker.

R62 > R62A

R142 < R142A

R160A < R160B Siemens 8843-9102

R68 < R68A

Siemens sets accelerate at a faster rate causing harsh bucking samething with R142 and R142A's running together.Do you notice or realize the Kawasaki trains in the system move quicker.

R62 > R62A

R142 < R142A

R160A < R160B Siemens 8843-9102

R68 < R68A

Your right, but the R160's are still coupled and the only problem is the Siemens regenerative brake stops at 4 MPH, while the Alstom go all the way 1 MPH. Another video

in less than a year of an example and even then, I saw a mixed train set in Union Square about a month ago on the Q.

Your right, but the R160's are still coupled and the only problem is the Siemens regenerative brake stops at 4 MPH, while the Alstom go all the way 1 MPH. Another video
in less than a year of an example and even then, I saw a mixed train set in Union Square about a month ago on the Q.

Umm This done regularly. R160As & Bs (With Alstom propulsion) are mixed most of the time. Its a regular thing, see it almost everday on the (E) or (F)

Archived