Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
dmouse

City Bus Simulator 2010 issue

Wont open at all, just gives me a C4 log

C4 EngineEngine version 1.5.5

Application name C4 Engine

Time stamp 4/23/2011

7:16:32 PM

Operating system Windows 6.1 Service Pack 1

Hardware Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz

Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10

2722 MHz

Processor features SIMD SSE SSE2

Processor count 2

Memory 4096 MB

DirectX version 4.09.00.0904

Error: 47520003

Graphics hardware insufficient

But how is my Hardware insufficient. It has the latest drivers and software.

I got the same problem and updated my drivers.Yet my laptop can handle Trainz 2010,BVE/OpenBVE,Bus Driver,MSTS and FS9 and still run good.Idk.

I got the same problem and updated my drivers.Yet my laptop can handle Trainz 2010,BVE/OpenBVE,Bus Driver,MSTS and FS9 and still run good.Idk.

Exactly like WTF. I run all those programs (except MSTS and FS9) no lag at all.

Yeah, well, City Bus Simulator isn't any of those games.

You must have a Nvidia card, or an ATI equivalent in order to run City Bus Simulator. It will not run on Intel Integrated Graphics. The Gateway NV that I currently own has an onboard ATI card and an AMD processor, and can run World of Subways and City Bus Simulator very smoothly.

Yeah, well, City Bus Simulator isn't any of those games.

You must have a Nvidia card, or an ATI equivalent in order to run City Bus Simulator. It will not run on Intel Integrated Graphics. The Gateway NV that I currently own has an onboard ATI card and an AMD processor, and can run World of Subways and City Bus Simulator very smoothly.

Well my main computer has

Windows 7

Intel core 2 duo with a Intel G33/31 Express chipset card.

Insufficient Hardware

I tried it on the other two Windows 7 PCs in my house (both laptops)

One has a AMD and processor with the ATI card

the other intel core i3 and a intel graphics card (dont know what it is)

Both have the following error-

The engine was unable to initialize the sound system.

Please make sure that you have the June 2008 (or later) version of DirectX installed.

Also make sure that you have a sound driver installed.

(They both have the latest drivers and Direct X SDK)

Both games require high end graphic cards, for city bus simulator 2010 I suggest you get a Nvidia 8600 or better or a comparable ATI card. Thats the least it will take as far as graphics! That's why my Vista laptop won't play it but my win7 desktop can. It can be demanding on your computer so a dual core processor at 2.0 GHz or better should be enough!

Both games require high end graphic cards, for city bus simulator 2010 I suggest you get a Nvidia 8600 or better or a comparable ATI card. Thats the least it will take as far as graphics! That's why my Vista laptop won't play it but my win7 desktop can. It can be demanding on your computer so a dual core processor at 2.0 GHz or better should be enough!

^have that but its 2.70GHz.

My graphics card isnt able to meet its demands unless if im using the other two laptops, which it still wont play on.

Okay, first of all, the CPU is the little chip inside the computer that does all the processing. I hate that people confuse them. The computer itself, not counting the monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. is called a tower. Or, just call it a PC, desktop, or laptop.

Now with that out of the way, printscreen a picture of the message so that we can see what it asks for, or post your computer specs.

Okay, these are the requirements strait from the product site:

System Requirements

2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon MP multicore processor or comparable

Windows® Vista / XP, DirectX® 9.0c

RAM: Windows® XP 1 GB , Windows® Vista 2 GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 86xx or a comparable ATI-Graphics Card

Installations-Size: 3.0 GB

Please note that our bus simulation will have a low and a high version. You can select the version in the main menu of the game.

We suggest the following specs for very good frame rates in the high version:

3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon MP multicore processor or comparable

Microsoft Windows® XP/Vista;

2 GB RAM

Free space on hard disk: 3 GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9800(GT) or equal ATI

I'm sure a lot of you are tired of looking this up or just seeing this for the first time! F.Y.I if you didn't already know, if your pc runs windows 7 (either x64 or x86 versions) you must run as admin or your settings won't stay!

To whose processsor is 2.70GHz your processor is better than my best machine which only has a 2.4. From what you said your machine seems fine however your graphic card may be the problem! I don't even know how I run it. My machine only has a Nvidia Geforce 8400GS card which is sufficient but, not exactly what the game requires. If you use a laptop that may be a problem, for most laptops have graphic cards built in to the motherboard & cannot be changed.You should look into the Nvidia Geforce 8600gt Graphic Card, make sure you know what Pci slot your compter takes! :P

To whose processsor is 2.70GHz your processor is better than my best machine which only has a 2.4. From what you said your machine seems fine however your graphic card may be the problem! I don't even know how I run it. My machine only has a Nvidia Geforce 8400GS card which is sufficient but, not exactly what the game requires. If you use a laptop that may be a problem, for most laptops have graphic cards built in to the motherboard & cannot be changed.You should look into the Nvidia Geforce 8600gt Graphic Card, make sure you know what Pci slot your compter takes! :P

Are you serious? You are recommending a GeForce 8600GT in June 2011? How is that kind of misinformation even allowed here?

I don't think you should get a new graphics card because:

A) Your processor is most likely going to slow down any new graphics card you buy

:) A weak system like that probably has a 300 Watt Power Supply. 300 Watts is insufficient for most graphics cards today, and normally don't contain the 6 pin power cable needed for most graphics cards today.

I have a poor graphics card supposedly and my laptop was state of the art in 06.I have a GeGorce 7400 and its very good! I have Trainz 2010,BVE/OpenBVE,OMSI,MSTS,FSX installed and still get solid 30FPS+

Are you serious? You are recommending a GeForce 8600GT in June 2011? How is that kind of misinformation even allowed here?

I don't think you should get a new graphics card because:

A) Your processor is most likely going to slow down any new graphics card you buy

:) A weak system like that probably has a 300 Watt Power Supply. 300 Watts is insufficient for most graphics cards today, and normally don't contain the 6 pin power cable needed for most graphics cards today.

Funny, cause in that post I address the fact my pc runs the game flawless with a Nvidia Geforce 8400GS! Obviously I said you should do your homework before buying any component for your pc. But if his system is that weak than it clearly won't support a newer card. In any case that machine can run the game but the graphics card is not up to par! So have you a suggestion, or did you just join the conversation for the sake of correcting people?

Edited by BryanT148
Missing/ Mispelled words

You telling me to do my homework before choosing components? Perhaps you don't know what job I have. Take a look at my PC

Windows 7 Ultimate

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 5.2 Ghz

Dual nVidia GTX 570 Graphics card

ASUS P8P67 Workstation Revolution motherboard

8GB of RAM

2x 500 GB hard drives in RAID 0

You telling me to do homework? Show me a better configuration for $2000.

The issue here is the GeForce 8600GT is several years old. You shouldn't recommending anything that old to anybody. He needs a good enough power supply and a compatible motherboard. City Bus Sim is nothing compared to other games but at least you should be recommending something more future proof. To recommend hardware you need to know every aspect of their computer (motherboard, power supply, the case, etc. In this guy's case, a cheapo card. The recommended requirements include a 9800GT and your recommending a 8600GT. You go do your homework, hypocrite.

For the original poster, a new computer will be better and be a better bang for your dollar. However, we need your motherboard specs. Download CPU Z (google it) and give us a screenshot of the Mainboard tab in CPU Z

You telling me to do my homework before choosing components? Perhaps you don't know what job I have. Take a look at my PC

Windows 7 Ultimate

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 5.2 Ghz

Dual nVidia GTX 570 Graphics card

ASUS P8P67 Workstation Revolution motherboard

8GB of RAM

2x 500 GB hard drives in RAID 0

You telling me to do homework? Show me a better configuration for $2000.

The issue here is the GeForce 8600GT is several years old. You shouldn't recommending anything that old to anybody. He needs a good enough power supply and a compatible motherboard. City Bus Sim is nothing compared to other games but at least you should be recommending something more future proof. To recommend hardware you need to know every aspect of their computer (motherboard, power supply, the case, etc. In this guy's case, a cheapo card. The recommended requirements include a 9800GT and your recommending a 8600GT. You go do your homework, hypocrite.

For the original poster, a new computer will be better and be a better bang for your dollar. However, we need your motherboard specs. Download CPU Z (google it) and give us a screenshot of the Mainboard tab in CPU Z

Jesus Christ, you must be one of those forum nerds that attack members for trying to help others! WHEN I said do your homework it was in refrence to the post as an example! I wasn't talking about you Genius! I'm only trying to help this guy and you've done nothing but attack me while offering nothing of substance to the conversation yourself! Personally I don't give a flying crap who you are or what you do as I'm sure no one else here does! But all I know is that my machine runs it and I've had it since 2006!!! So don't tell me nothing less than a new machine would work. However, I do agree he does need a new computer as I do too to run it under recommended settings or even better games! Let's not make this personal, but either help this guy or quit wasting my time!

Oh yeah, since you wanna talk about how awesome your specs are. My computer is a Gateway GM5084 (Google it)! I'd tell you the specs myself but other than my 8400GS card it's all fatory parts & settings! so its not worth either of our time! See for yourself but know it can run Windows 7 Ultimate, CBS 2010, & GTA IV w/no problems! So don't act like I don't know what I'm talking about.

When I bought my desktop computer last year I was able to play city bus simulator 2010 on the high version with no problems, about a couple of months ago it's been lagging on both the hi and low versions, I lowered

the graphic settings on it and it didn't improve.

Everything is in slow motion, not all of the time, it comes and goes, very frustrating to say the least. I know my computer is far from a high end machine, but is there anything I can do to it so the game can be played like it used to? thanks.

Computer specs:

HP Pavilion

2.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon II X4 630

512 kilobyte primary memory cache

2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache

64-bit ready

Multi-core (4 total)

Not hyper-threaded

1000.10 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

901.53 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

5888 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

NVIDIA GeForce 9100

HP w2207 [Monitor] (22.0")

When I bought my desktop computer last year I was able to play city bus simulator 2010 on the high version with no problems, about a couple of months ago it's been lagging on both the hi and low versions, I lowered

the graphic settings on it and it didn't improve.

Everything is in slow motion, not all of the time, it comes and goes, very frustrating to say the least. I know my computer is far from a high end machine, but is there anything I can do to it so the game can be played like it used to? thanks.

Computer specs:

HP Pavilion

2.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon II X4 630

512 kilobyte primary memory cache

2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache

64-bit ready

Multi-core (4 total)

Not hyper-threaded

1000.10 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

901.53 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

5888 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

NVIDIA GeForce 9100

HP w2207 [Monitor] (22.0")

Run Ccleaner and defrag your Hardrive.

Run Ccleaner and defrag your Hardrive.

Thanks, I ran the free version of Ccleaner with mixed results.

Construction site with detour(Circle Line to the UN)

On the high version, the game slowed down around 9th ave, on the

low version it slowed down when I was at 5th ave.

Going to defrag later on today, haven't done so in a few months, hope

that makes a difference.

The windows experience index assessment on a scale of 1.0-7.9

Processor: 7.2

Memory(RAM): 7.2

Graphics:4.3

Gaming Graphics:5.1

Primary hard disk: disk data transfer rate: 5:9

This may have been answered in this thread, but I am not a computer guy, so I can't really make sense of it all. I have World of Subways: PATH and London Underground as well as City bus Simulator. I haven't actually played the game yet, because I don't have a laptop, and my desktop is a $250 computer from Best Buy. Can anyone help me with making a recommendation for an off the shelf desktop (or laptop - but that will probably be really expensive) that can handle these games? All I really want to do is be able to play these games. I commute an hour + a day for work, so I don't mind a laptop, as it will allow me to play the games (although I am sure the other people on the x28 won't be as excited as me), if the price isn't too crazy.

Thanks guys.

-Ari

Just a suggest to all City Bus Simulator 2010 users, the game creators (TML Studios) created a newer bus simulator, a much nicer one, Bus and Cable Car Simulator. It takes place in San Francisco instead of New York City, but has over 40 routes I think, a big map, many more features (such as fare boxes and special fares), and a bigger vehicle variety (diesel buses, artics, RTS, school buses, electric buses, trolleys, double deckers). This game also has better support for Logitech driving wheels and pedals than City Bus Simulator 2010. I have the Logitech Driving Pro GT.

You can see the game site here:

Bus Cablecar Simulator: HOME

You can buy the game here:

http://www.amazon.com/Bus-Cable-Car-Simulator-Francisco-Pc/dp/B005CFDB2C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321487707&sr=8-1