The Mon Valley Focus

Earlier this month a group of us Bus Enthousiest from the Pittsburgh are got together to do somewhat of a "Mock" of Trevor Logans Fan Trips, Instead its our Version of a Get Together to go out and take photos of various Equipment throughout the PAT system. This was our Second trip our First one was to one of The Bus Operating Divisions (Which is now closed) So Far everything has been going well and theres been a great turnout.

This trip was 2 day Event called "Mon Valley Focus" which mainly focused on the Lower Mon River Region of Allegheny County Day 1 was the McKeesport Transportation Center and Homestead Pennsylvania. Due to the Weather Being Uncooperative we really couldn't get any shots in Homestead but we did get a few shots in McKeesport;

mckeesportb.jpg

PATs McKeesport Transportation Center Facility which opened in the Early 1980s was onced used for Commuter Train Service between McKeesport and Downtown Pittsburgh and also by the Capital Limited All was Discontinued in 1989 and is now Served by all Bus Service.

mckeesporta.jpg

Inside the Main Waiting Room, at one point in time there use to be Bus Pass and Ticket Sales along with a Drinking Fountain and Vending Machines, All was removed in the mid 1990s.

pat5555mckeesport.jpg

pat5099mckeesport.jpg

pat5656mckeesport.jpg

pat5553mckeesport.jpg

urr8.jpg

A Union RailRoad Switcher behind the Transportation Center.

Focus Day Part 2 Was the Mid Mon Valley Transit Authority which is a Smaller TA located in Donora, Pennsylvania. This system operates Commuter Service between the Mid Mon Valley (Washington County) and Pittsburgh along with their own Local Runs--Their fleets mainly Consist of Gillig Phantoms and Low Floors NovaBus RTS and Ford Cutaway type buses for The Local runs--MMVTA was generous enough to let us come down for a while to grab some photos and learn more about them;

mmvtaspeciala.jpg

Their Main Office and Headquarters which is Located in Charleroi, PA

mmvtawaitinga.jpg

mmvtawaitingb.jpg

mmvtaboardrooma.jpg

mmvtagarage.jpg

MMVTAs Newly Built Bus Operating Facility in Donora this is where all the Bus maintenence is done at Across the Street in an Older warehouse is where the buses are stored.

mmvtatireshop.jpg

mmvta63garage.jpg

mmvta462garage.jpg

mmvta463garage.jpg

mmvta472garage.jpg

mmvta472inta.jpg

mmvta472intb.jpg

mmvta481garage.jpg

mmvta482garage.jpg

mmvta481int.jpg

mmvta481drv.jpg

mmvta479garage.jpg

mmvta475garagea.jpg

mmvta475garageb.jpg

mmvtaworktruck.jpg

And a Visitor...

rabbit402.jpg

Hope You All Enjoy.

• 3 years later...

The buses up top are port authority and the rabbit express bus I've never seen an I'm from Pittsburgh.

The buses up top are port authority and the rabbit express bus I've never seen an I'm from Pittsburgh.

Archived