Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
9phoneman

Question

I currently working as a cta. Been here for 1 month but have 3 years as a Station Agent. Here is my problem last thursday I had an accident in the house which result in me fracturing my foot. Currently I in a walking cast. It was an off the job injury According to Mta I have about 32 sick days from station agent. My question is I have doctors lines and according to doctor I will be out for about 5 weeks but I am still on Probation for cta can the mta fired me or hit me with charges. What can they do to me.Even though this was an accident and an act of god. Can some one help thanks.

I currently working as a cta. Been here for 1 month but have 3 years as a Station Agent. Here is my problem last thursday I had an accident in the house which result in me fracturing my foot. Currently I in a walking cast. It was an off the job injury According to Mta I have about 32 sick days from station agent. My question is I have doctors lines and according to doctor I will be out for about 5 weeks but I am still on Probation for cta can the mta fired me or hit me with charges. What can they do to me.Even though this was an accident and an act of god. Can some one help thanks.
i had same problem but broke my leg.i hope this is your only absence since probation.what they did to me i was a bus operator on probation came out of my house to go to work i slipped on ice and fell down my big brick stoop resulting in a broken leg my drivers leg. i was out for 8 weeks came back with doctors lines drove for 2 days my leg was still hurting went to my doctor take another 2 weeks off .i came back they extended my probation but i was not fired.untill i got the flu 2 months later out for a week then told me to resign or be terminated so i resigned.you will be fine dont go sick anymore.but i learned even after they threatened me with termination dept of labor and a lawyer said even on probation you got hurt or got sick as long as i had doctors lines they could not fire me and if they did dept of labor and my lawyer would have sued them and the outcome would be to reinstate me with back pay but i did not know this till it was to late i signed my resignation mistake.you are fine and remember what i just said have doctors lines if they try the same b.s on you as they do with many others go to dept of labor and get a good civil service lawyer do not sign anything also. hope i cleared this up for you.:tup:

Yeah like seal said, most they can do is extend your probation. After this incident is over, don't go out sick anymore and you should be fine. And what was your list# on the preferred list?. I see you said you had three years so that means you were in the May 11th lay-off correct?. I was in the Aug 13th lay-off. Also someone posted something saying they were sending out letters to become a S/A again, but at the starting rate of $19/hr. Do you know anyone that got that letter or did you get it?

My list number on may 11 2010 preferred list is 126. The doctor told me today that in 4 weeks I can return to work. Yes I would have Three years on the job. I heard that the letters that went out stated 19hr was a misprint whatever you were making at the time of the layoff is what you receive upon coming back. That is what someone told me. Hopefully in my case I get call but I heard when I get called back to station agent probation ends. Upon coming back I know I have to og to the mac center to fill out form 46.

My list number on may 11 2010 preferred list is 126. The doctor told me today that in 4 weeks I can return to work. Yes I would have Three years on the job. I heard that the letters that went out stated 19hr was a misprint whatever you were making at the time of the layoff is what you receive upon coming back. That is what someone told me. Hopefully in my case I get call but I heard when I get called back to station agent probation ends. Upon coming back I know I have to og to the mac center to fill out form 46.

So that would put your list number @ 321 overall out of the 445 laid off S/A's. I hope all you guys get to come back to being a S/A again. I feel fortunate to have had enough seniority to be back as a S/A, but sad for people that had to become cleaners or haven't gotten called back yet. I've already ran into 5 people that are retiring this month, so that's five spots right there for you guys.