Manhattan bound F via West End

Broadway Local

Guest lance25

If I had to take a wager, I'd say it was due to the signal problems at Bergen St, but I could be wrong and it could have been because of something completely unrelated.

Today somewhere around 4:30pm-6pm, I saw 4 Manhattan bound (F) Trains. One was skip-stop and three are local. Does anyone know what caused the Manhattan bound (F) Trains to run on the (D) line?

Signal problems at Bergen St. Manhattan bound.

In order to get the F's into Manhattan to get the folks out to Queens, good dispatching gets the job done by rerouting F's via whichever means were necessary.

Funny, I saw a (D) on the local at Bway-Laf. (uptown) in the evening and I knew they used to have a put-in around that time that ran light over the Culver and went into service there around that time, and wasn't sure they still had that. But just checking the timetables now, I see they do.

Yup 324 job, making a 926 out of Bway-Lafayette. I have no idea why that's there but the WAA isn't enough to make up a train for service and bring it lite there, I wonder where they get the train from.

They use a train that just gets in the station and take it..

Yup 324 job, making a 926 out of Bway-Lafayette. I have no idea why that's there but the WAA isn't enough to make up a train for service and bring it lite there, I wonder where they get the train from.

It's to create a 20-minute gap for getting the work trains out of 38th Street Yard for the night. It's not exactly the greatest bit of design to put the work train yard there, but it would be ridiculously expensive to change it now.

The train itself runs light from Coney Island (Yard?) over the Culver Line. AIUI, they get it from a D train that lays up at Coney Island.

Funny, I saw a (D) on the local at Bway-Laf. (uptown) in the evening and I knew they used to have a put-in around that time that ran light over the Culver and went into service there around that time, and wasn't sure they still had that. But just checking the timetables now, I see they do.

It's so the WORKTRAINS from 38th street yard can go north it allows a 20 min headway so they can get most of them out

Archived