Which do you favor? IND, BMT, or the IRT?

TrainFanatic

The IRT is great for fanning, because of small headways, the BMT has great elevated structures, and the IND has long lines for more diverse station pictures. But I have to go with the BMT because of the colorful fleet and elevated structures.

The IRT is great for fanning, because of small headways, the BMT has great elevated structures, and the IND has long lines for more diverse station pictures. But I have to go with the BMT because of the colorful fleet and elevated structures.

the IRT headways are no better than the rest, yea the (1)(6) and (7) are speedy but the (2)(3)(4) and (5) are slow once you get out to the ends of the system, theyre all 12 minutes on weekends

IRT. I only use the (4)(5)(6) so they're all the same car which is good, and even though I don't need it, the stop announcements are understandable to the average human being. Trains come every 90 seconds and it's always a quick ride down. Only maybe once every two months there's some sort of delay, but it's never more than 10 minutes or so, and since now more than half of my commute time is walking (damn the MTA for removing the X90) I can make up for lost time by jogging/running.

The IND lines were theoretically designed for maximum speed compared to the BMT and IRT, though that's been taken away since the unnecessary addition of timers.

That is not entirely true. IRT=Interborough Rapid Transit

"Rapid". Says nuf.

That is not entirely true. IRT=Interborough Rapid Transit

"Rapid". Says nuf.

Actually it's very true. Look at all the tight turns on the BMT and IRT where trains have to crawl though the area. The IND was built for speed since it learned form the mistakes of the previous two companies.

well i was a conductor in the irt, i flagged in the irt,ind and bmt. now that im a student train operator in the B div i am starting to enjoy it. today i took a

R46-R train from jamaca yard to euclid on the C and back. then i got to relay it back for it to go in service at 71st. so while i miss the irt and the comfort of working close to home i am liking the bmt/ind.

well i was a conductor in the irt, i flagged in the irt,ind and bmt. now that im a student train operator in the B div i am starting to enjoy it. today i took a

R46-R train from jamaca yard to euclid on the C and back. then i got to relay it back for it to go in service at 71st. so while i miss the irt and the comfort of working close to home i am liking the bmt/ind.

Cool. Always interesting to hear MTA workers' opinions.

Also only one BMT line serves the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Terminal, and that is the Broadway Line. The other line that serves Coney Island is the IND Sixth Avenue Line, and I just mentioned it. It's IND not BMT.

Wrong, the (F) line south of Church Av is BMT, the Culver line was part of the 5th Av El. The (:( and (D) lines are BMT once they go south of Grand street and onto the Manhattan Bridge. The IND system only had two lines from Manhattan that served Brooklyn, the Fulton St subway and the Smith St line to Church Av.