Best and Worst Subway Stations

subwaykid256

Which Subway Stations do you feel are the Best in the system

and Which do you feel are the worse whether it be that dungeon known as Chambers St (J)(Z) The stations that have ceilings falling Eastern Pkwy (2)(3) Im looking at you or the ones that are so empty you wonder why its there or the ones that has the longest stairways

Which Subway Stations do you feel are the Best in the system

and Which do you feel are the worse whether it be that dungeon known as Chambers St (J)(Z) The stations that have ceilings falling Eastern Pkwy (2)(3) Im looking at you or the ones that are so empty you wonder why its there or the ones that has the longest stairways

if its up too me ill say the best station is Atlantic ave on the 2345 BDQ and LIRR that station is very big and the mix between the LIRR and NYCT is great

Worst station that I've ever been to would have to be 81st and Central Park West. It's so quiet there and it feels like you have to look over your shoulder ever minute, especially when you're waiting for a downtown train on the lower level. The tunnels have absolutely no lights in them, so all you see is pitch black from them if there's no train coming.

Best I'd say would be Times Square, minus the clueless tourists. Easy connection between the (1)(2)(3)(N)(Q)(R)(S), and since the (S) is in the wide open you can clearly see if a train's there or not and then you decide whether or not you need to run.

City Hall Loop is the worst station since it's so dark there B)

Just kidding B) Since I've never been to NY, I can't really answer this one, but from the pictures and movies I can by what I see.

-Worst: Uhm, what was is it called again? That station in The Bronx that they're currently renovating.

-Best: Atlantic Ave, Jamaica-Van Wyck and Queensborough Bridge

My favorite station is Atlantic Avenue-Pacific Street because it's big, it connects a lot of different lines, plus the LIRR. Since there is so much service to the station, i never have to wait long for a train to film or ride.

My least favorite station is Chambers Street on the BMT because it is so smelly, ugly, and disgusting. I don't think it has ever been renovated.

Best: Intervale Ave (2)(5), 161-Yankee Stadium (4), and 125th (4)(5)(6)

Worst: 59th on the (4)(5)(6), Broadway (G), and 149th & Grand Concourse (2)(4)(5)

Best and worst in terms of what?

Let me explain. The Best:

Intervale: Still has its metal windscreens and still looks new

161-Yankee: Views of Yankee Stadium and the Bronx County Courthouse (I live the Bronx)

125: Easy connection to other trains

The Worst:

59: Smells of urine

Broadway: Rust and flowing water between the tracks http://www.subwaynut.com/ind/broadwayg/broadwayg11.jpg

149-GC: Rats & garbage on the (2) platform and I think one time I saw feces on the (4) platform

Best stations (IMO):

Broadway (G) (has South 4th St.)

E. Broadway (F) (has trackways)

Lorimer St. (J)(M)-6th Ave. (very fast trains)

Worst stations (IMO):

34th St./Herald Sq. (bathrooms are flooded)

I don't really care what the stations smell like at most times...

I would have to say the worst station is the Nostrand Ave station on the Fulton Street Express. I remember one time I was transferring from the A platform to the C local platform downstairs. Not only did that section smell horrible, but the source of the smell was an exposed bag of rotting garbage that permeated the air. Nasty.

Chambers Street is the worse station in the entire NYC Subway system in my opinion, and the best station in system in my opinion is the Grand Central Terminal stations. I think the best option for the Chambers Street station is to remove all the extra platforms and tracks, and to seal them up. Have the trains use the existing westernmost platform, and just demolish the tracks, and seal them behind a concrete wall, and remove all remains of the old platform that was removed for the IRT station next door.

I have a dislike towards stations that have water leaks.

The one that disgust me the most is Canal St on BMT Broadway, esp. northern end of Brooklyn bound platform, where water literally streaming from the floor on to the platform...brrr

On other hand i like Grand st, it's clean and had no leaks last time i was there, same goes for new/rehabilitated stations.

I hate the 14th street/6th Ave station in Manhattan. It is extremely confusing to navigate, there are rats and roaches on the platforms a lot of the time (especially on the F track), and crazies seem to like hanging out there and screaming their lungs out. It also often has one of those derelicts jamming the MVM's and selling swipes.

Worst:

149 Street - Grand Concourse (2)(5) - Rat infested, constant water leaks, smells...

IND Concourse Line (:((D) - As mentioned, besides 161, mostly run down and untouched.

South Ferry (Whitehall St) (1) - Much water leakage and rusting, and this is the newest station to the system? (then again, Morrison Av-Soundview & Whitlock can technically be considered newer in this sense as they were pretty much totally destroyed and rebuilt).

Best:

Brooklyn Bridge - City Hall (4)(5)(6) - Unlike it's BMT-transfer station, which I purposely left out of the 'Worst', it looks fairly new (save the walls near the north side of the Bronx-bound platform.)

Grand Central - 42 Street (4)(5)(6)(7)(S) - Fairly easy to navigate, system connection to Metro-North (and soon the LIRR), kept clean.

One of the worst stations I've been too was the Nevins St (2)(3)(4)(5) While I was waiting for a Train A rat literally ran up the platform and i screamed

Thank Goodness The stations in Far Rockaway are getting renovated when it rains it literally floods the train and I hate passing through the river

Also the transfer between Botanical Garden (S) and Franklin Av (2)(3)(4)(5) is weird how only 1 set of stairs lead from the Shuttle to the other trains

And Don't Get Me Started on Herald Sq the walkway to the (:((D)(F)(M) is crazy and it stinks there

The Best Station i went to is 81 St (:P© I love all the designs there

I also like how easy the Transfer are at Delancey-Essex Sts (F)(J)(M)(Z)

as well as 59 St Columbus Circle

42 St Grand Central (4)(5)(6)(7)(S) Definetly one of my faves because i love getting out the station and walking into the the actual Grand Central Station This is definetly the Park Av of all stations

Also the transfer between Botanical Garden (S) and Franklin Av (2)(3)(4)(5) is weird how only 1 set of stairs lead from the Shuttle to the other trains

Isn't that because of the alignment of the Eastern Pkwy tracks vs. the Franklin Av tracks (i.e. the (S) platform only reaches the far end of Franklin on the E'Pwy). -- And it wouldn't be necessary for another set of stairs because it's a 2 car train with low headways (considering it's a 4 station line) so what would more stairs do?

Best: Morrison-Soundview Avenues, (6) (also very fast express shots of <6> at that station), Dyckman St Manhattan bound Platform (1) (I like how its quiet and you get fast trains passing in the other direction).

Worst: Chambers St-Bklyn bridge (4)(5)(6)(J)(Z). Chambers St is obvious: dungeon on south side of the station, chipped ugly brown paint everywhere, tons of water damage, and just a creepy station overall with the high ceiling, abandoned platforms, and all the dirt & grime. I've even seen people pee on the platform there its so disgusting. I'm just so suprised that Chambers Street is such a disgusting place since its very close to City hall.

Also, the Brooklyn Bridge-City hall platforms: ALOT of abandoned & creepy things there (including Ghost sightings); there are 6 abandoned platforms total: +Southbound Express platform extension, +2 worth street platforms, +2 side abandoned walled up platforms, & +City Hall abandoned loop platform. Also it seems so dingy and dark there.

+I have another bad station, but it isn't that bad compared to other stations in the system: Woodhaven Blvd (M)(R). The bad things are +1. Its pretty dark on the platforms, since the lights are facing the tracks for the proposed Express platforms, +2. When express trains pass they make this very creepy big hollow sound. When I first heard it it scared the crap out of me, +3. There are no staircases at the very ends of the platforms, so when you get off the very end of the train you have to walk 1/4 way down the platform to exit, & finally, +4. Look at the walls. Notice something? there are no tiles like the regular IND that say "WOODHAVEN". Its the only station on QBL that has this. If you go to Grand Avenue, Elmhurst Avenue or any other station on that line, you'll notice that there are tiles on the wall that state the station name.

Now there are some good things to Woodhaven Blvd (M)(R): +1. You can catch super fast express shots at that station, & +2. The station has a full mezanine. Its the largest Mez ive seen besides West 4 Street, so its easier to exit the station.

Archived