President Obama to birthers: Here's my long-form birth certificate, 'I'm a citizen'

Shortline Bus

President Obama to birthers: Here's my long-form birth certificate, I'm a citizen

By Tom Defrank, Aliyah Shahid and Michael Sheridan

NY DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Wednesday, April 27th 2011

"President Obama took his biggest swipe at the persistent birther movement Wednesday morning, offering up his actual birth certificate for all the world to see.

And, as Obama has long insisted, the document signed by the doctor who delivered the President-to-be states he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on Aug. 4, 1961.

"We do not have time for this silliness," Obama said Wednesday morning. "We got big problems to solve."

The commander-in-chief said he's been "puzzled" by the obsession over his birth, saying that while Republicans and Democrats battled over the budget, the media seemed more interested in would-be presidential candidate Donald Trump demanding Obama's birth certificate.

"During that entire week, the dominant news story wasn't about these huge monumental choices we would have to make as a nation, it was about my birth certificate," Obama said.

The President argued that with his long-form birth certificate now on display, the country could finally move on.

"We've got better stuff to do," he said.

The surprise announcement, which the White House called "proof positive" Obama is a natural born U.S. citizen, came during an early morning press conference Wednesday.

Obama wrote Hawaii health officials last Friday, asking them to release the "long form" as opposed to the abbreviated version that Hawaii has instead issued for decades.

The legal document was posted as a PDF on the White House website. The "certificate of live birth" is signed by the attending doctor, Obama's mother and a state official.

GOP strategists have complained the "birther" controversy, fueled recently Trump, is damaging the party's prospects to beat Obama in next year's Presidential election, a view shared at the White House.

"I hope it's the right deal. We have to look at it, a lot of people will look at it, experts will look at it," Trump said Wednesday morning. "I am really proud I was able to bring this to a point."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/04/27/2011-04-27_president_obama_to_release_longform_birth_certificate.html

If he was so concerned about getting on w/business he would've just showed the damn thing a long time ago and that could've put the thing to rest, but instead he let the situation fester. I wish he would stop running here every damn month for these fundraisers and get on with getting this country's economy back in order. He's already talking about re-elections and he hasn't done much with this first term, so why in the world would anyone with half a brain re-elect him again?? I for one would like to know what happened with all of that stimulus money that wasn't used??? B)

If he was so concerned about getting on w/business he would've just showed the damn thing a long time ago and that could've put the thing to rest, but instead he let the situation fester. I wish he would stop running here every damn month for these fundraisers and get on with getting this country's economy back in order. He's already talking about re-elections and he hasn't done much with this first term, so why in the world would anyone with half a brain re-elect him again?? I for one would like to know what happened with all of that stimulus money that wasn't used??? B)

You also gotta remember who was before him. Yiu can't just clean up 8 years of George Bush overnight

You also gotta remember who was before him. Yiu can't just clean up 8 years of George Bush overnight

Either way I'm just glad I didn't vote for him. He's been a great disappointment. A lot of hot air from this guy and very little action. Screw the Democrats and screw the Republicans. Time for a third party candidate to come in. Thank God I'm an Independent! :cool:

You can't blame everything he's done because of Bush. At some point he needs to take responsibility for his actions. He's stuck his foot in his mouth quite a few times already and it is going to bite him in the ass come re-election time.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/04/20/polls-paint-bleak-re-election-picture/

Everybody else said it. This should have been done a while ago. On the subject of Bush, that's becoming less and less of a viable excuse as time goes on. The fact remains that Obama got everybody's hopes up way too high during his campaign and his term has been mediocre at best. I've been trying to give him as much patience as I can because of who was in office before him but this all starting to feel like "why did I elect him again?". That's not a good sign.

Let me guess.... Because he's a wealthy man... B)

I have nothing against his wealth. I just don't picture him running a decent campaign that offers any policies that are better than what's going on. As an independent I listen heavily to such things. It's already been proven not too long ago one can spend heavily on their campaign and still lose. There's got to be a solid message behind said campaign and I don't picture him doin anything other then mud-slinging the competition.

Aside from getting rid of "Don't ask, don't tell" Obama has done nothing differently then Bush. They might as well be the same.

I have nothing against his wealth. I just don't picture him running a decent campaign that offers any policies that are better than what's going on. As an independent I listen heavily to such things. It's already been proven not too long ago one can spend heavily on their campaign and still lose. There's got to be a solid message behind said campaign and I don't picture him doin anything other then mud-slinging the competition.

For one, he seems to be poised to take a stand to protect American jobs and that's a start right there. We can't get one damn president to stand up and say f*ck China their cheap imported garbage and let's play hardball and stop kissing their @sses. It's like they're sticking their heads in the sand and hoping for the best! B) Oh, we can't manufacture anything here anymore unless it is high end these days. Manufacturing jobs made the middle class what it is today and there is nothing wrong with MADE IN USA. Quality products that are safe and made at reasonable prices. We have get back to that if we expect our economy to become healthy again and if we ever expect some sort of "equal" trade policy with China.

For one, he seems to be poised to take a stand to protect American jobs and that's a start right there. We can't get one damn president to stand up and say f*ck China their cheap imported garbage and let's play hardball and stop kissing their @sses. It's like they're sticking their heads in the sand and hoping for the best! B) Oh, we can't manufacture anything here anymore unless it is high end these days. Manufacturing jobs made the middle class what it is today and there is nothing wrong with MADE IN USA. Quality products that are safe and made at reasonable prices. We have get back to that if we expect our economy to become healthy again and if we ever expect some sort of "equal" trade policy with China.

I'll believe it when I see it. Obama came in sounding like Miracle on 34th street. Look how that's going. I'm tired of campaigns where the guy either sounds too good to be true or he sounds like a jackass walking.

The rest of your post I agree with.

Obama is an idiot for adhering to the demands of this racist movement.

So wanting to know if Obama is a naturalized American is racist? The fact that Obama avoided the question is what raised skepticism about where he was born. No president should be elected without showing the public that he/she was born here.

I am so sick of this damn country making a big deal over his birth certificate. Past pesidents you didnt hear any of this crap. People in this country need to take their thoughts about Obama and shove it. Donald Trump needs to go jump off a bridge or something. The remarks he made was just sad. Leave Obama alone and move on there are better things to worry about.

So wanting to know if Obama is a naturalized American is racist? The fact that Obama avoided the question is what raised skepticism about where he was born. No president should be elected without showing the public that he/she was born here.

Guys being fair Obama former camapign rival in 2008, Sen. John McCain was born in I think Panama on an US Military base.

This whole Obama 'birther' controversy needs to move on. Plus the constustion needs to revised to clarify the birth issue to becoming President.

Too Bad the powers that be in Congress can't agree on what to order for lunch let alone fix the country's fiscal crisis.

Regardless of the notion that this should have been done earlier... I really don't see what difference it would have made....

What does it matter.... The racist whites will still view him the same way anyway...

Weren't those the main ones claiming that he's not American....

There is no logic in ignorance.

I don't get who it is he's (really) tryna shut down/shut-up, by (further) proving he's a citizen.....

He should be more focused in cleaning this country....

up.

Everybody else said it. This should have been done a while ago. On the subject of Bush, that's becoming less and less of a viable excuse as time goes on. The fact remains that Obama got everybody's hopes up way too high during his campaign and his term has been mediocre at best. I've been trying to give him as much patience as I can because of who was in office before him but this all starting to feel like "why did I elect him again?". That's not a good sign.

That's because people aren't doing their homework, as usual. People frequently sppek on subjects they know absolutely nothing about. If you review Obama's record through his entire first term, you will see he has done a great deal for our country. I follow politics very closely, and his acoplishments far outweigh the cons. By miles!

I'm also the type of person who feels as if I don't have to prove anything to anyone when I know it to be true. I would have played the game with them as well! (reguarding the birth cert.)

I can barely count how many times I have posted fact based info on this site and others that came under fire. I usually just ride it out and let the eventual documents do the talking for me.

Anyone who say's "why did I elect him again?" in my opinion couldn't possibly be following the man's progress. I can think of at least 10 of his accomplishments off the top of my head. And if for one second, anyone who doesn't know EXACTLY why he passed through the Republican tax cuts, maybe they need to learn how to read between the lines. Quite a few of his accomplisments have affected me in very positive ways. In about 90 days, I will reveal what I am talking about!

And Obama didn't get everybody's hopes up. Said people did. The hole we are in which was exacerbated by Bush will take a VERY long time to correct.

Either way I'm just glad I didn't vote for him. He's been a great disappointment. A lot of hot air from this guy and very little action. Screw the Democrats and screw the Republicans. Time for a third party candidate to come in. Thank God I'm an Independent! :cool:

You can't blame everything he's done because of Bush. At some point he needs to take responsibility for his actions. He's stuck his foot in his mouth quite a few times already and it is going to bite him in the ass come re-election time.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/04/20/polls-paint-bleak-re-election-picture/

Clearly you can't blame everything on Bush, but I guess people don't realize that employment has increased every quarter since he has taken office.....

But that is only one of a dozen reasons I will continue to support him. I could go on and on. The question SHOULD be, What grave harm has he caused the country? But I'm sure I won't get an objective accurate response to that here! Lol.

Doesnt mean anything.. Hes still going to be just another one term President.

I would be willing to put up $1 Million to the contrary at any time! Anyone who thinks he will not be pres until 2016 is in for an extremely rude awakening! Hell, If they were to elect president to day, the people will have already spoken! So says the polls in EVERY outlet.

Archived