President Obama to birthers: Here's my long-form birth certificate, 'I'm a citizen'

Shortline Bus

So wanting to know if Obama is a naturalized American is racist? The fact that Obama avoided the question is what raised skepticism about where he was born. No president should be elected without showing the public that he/she was born here.

If it's not racist it still stands out as one of the most effed up questions I've heard in my lifetime. I'll play the age card here. Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush. All POTUS in my lifetime. I challenge anyone to name one of the above who had to show his birth certificate. Dem, Repub, young, old, vet, non-vet. Were they ever asked ? How else am I, a Black man, who has lived through the administrations of all those previous Presidents, supposed to see this? How does the rest of the world look at this? The USA, "so called" leader of the Free World ? I'd bet they're laughing their asses off at the total dumbing down of America. Like his policies or hate 'em this puts the U.S. on the level of the Ivory Coast, Somalia, or one of the "republics" of the old U.S.S.R IMO. I don't recall him ever evading the question in the first place. I'm sure that John Mc Cain or someone in his entourage would have raised the question years ago, if not his senatorial opponent from Illinois. Where I come from, " Do or Die", you would get your behind kicked for asking that question of someone born in any of the 48 (now 50) states. Just my opinion though.

If it's not racist it still stands out as one of the most effed up questions I've heard in my lifetime. I'll play the age card here. Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush. All POTUS in my lifetime. I challenge anyone to name one of the above who had to show his birth certificate. Dem, Repub, young, old, vet, non-vet. Were they ever asked ? How else am I, a Black man, who has lived through the administrations of all those previous Presidents, supposed to see this? How does the rest of the world look at this? The USA, "so called" leader of the Free World ? I'd bet they're laughing their asses off at the total dumbing down of America. Like his policies or hate 'em this puts the U.S. on the level of the Ivory Coast, Somalia, or one of the "republics" of the old U.S.S.R IMO. I don't recall him ever evading the question in the first place. I'm sure that John Mc Cain or someone in his entourage would have raised the question years ago, if not his senatorial opponent from Illinois. Where I come from, " Do or Die", you would get your behind kicked for asking that question of someone born in any of the 48 (now 50) states. Just my opinion though.

John McCain was also questioned about whether or not he is an American and he certainly isn't black. If there is doubt, why shouldn't it be questioned? :eek:

John McCain was also questioned about whether or not he is an American and he certainly isn't black. If there is doubt, why shouldn't it be questioned? :eek:

Where is (was) the doubt in either case ? John McCain was born at a US naval base in Panama. The base was in the Canal Zone which was under US control at the time. Barack Obama was born in Hawaii which was under US control at the time. Both are Americans IMO. If either was born on a US military base overseas during wartime, ie. occupied France or part of Germany during WWII or it's immediate aftermath, then there might be a question in some people's mind but barring that, case closed. Let the constitutional scholars debate the ifs,ands,or buts. Let's move on and try to solve America's troubles, together.

Where is (was) the doubt in either case ? John McCain was born at a US naval base in Panama. The base was in the Canal Zone which was under US control at the time. Barack Obama was born in Hawaii which was under US control at the time. Both are Americans IMO. If either was born on a US military base overseas during wartime, ie. occupied France or part of Germany during WWII or it's immediate aftermath, then there might be a question in some people's mind but barring that, case closed. Let the consitutional scholars debate the ifs,ands,or buts. Let's move on and try to solve America's troubles, together.

The constiution needs to be revised in general on several issues such as getting rid of the electoral college used in Presdential elections IMO to the revised issue of the rules of birth since there are US Military bases all over the world.

PS Trainmaster when Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, it had just joined the union as the 50th US state. (1959)

The constiution needs to be revised in general on several issues such as getting rid of the electoral college used in Presdential elections IMO to the revised issue of the rules of birth since there are US Military bases all over the world.

PS Trainmaster when Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, it had just joined the union as the 50th US state. (1959)

Thanks, I saw that after submission but your response about changes to the rules is really where I was going with my thoughts. With the proliferation of US bases throughout the world just who IS a US citizen? What about a child born to military personnel ( both parents) on a base in Korea, Germany, Japan, whatever? When I grew up (back in that ancient time) a US citizen supposedly had to be born on embassy or consular grounds, or on an American flagged ship, as those grounds were sovereign US property. A military hospital on a base in Okinawa, for example, is Okinawan property that the US paid rent on. Do we need a different clarification to the rules by a Federal court or a Constitional Amendment?

Thanks, I saw that after submission but your response about changes to the rules is really where I was going with my thoughts. With the proliferation of US bases throughout the world just who IS a US citizen? What about a child born to military personnel ( both parents) on a base in Korea, Germany, Japan, whatever? When I grew up (back in that ancient time) a US citizen supposedly had to be born on embassy or consular grounds, or on an American flagged ship, as those grounds were sovereign US property. A military hospital on a base in Okinawa, for example, is Okinawan property that the US paid rent on. Do we need a different clarification to the rules by a Federal court or a Constitional Amendment?

Great point Trainmaster. Long after Obama has left the White House this issue will come up again I am 99.9% sure for a future Pres or VP Canadiate.

Hundred of thousands of kids going back to the Vietnam conflict have been born 'overseas' and it's a back issue.

When Washington, Adams, Jefferson, etc and other creators of the US Constiution created the rule for an American to be born in the USA for all to become "Commander in Chief' later did they know only a little over a century and a half later by the 1950's, the US would at it's power have the most powerful military the world's ever know.

Never in my life have I ever, ever heard "the Asians" or "the Whites." The Asian community, the black community, the [insert religion here] community. "The Blacks?" No.

Here, I'll use it in sentences:

1) President Bush met with political leaders in the black community on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

2) We took out the blacks with a firehose when they protested for equal rights.

[Granted, I'm being mildly facetious, but it was a very inappropriate phrasing on Trump's part.

I certainly have and I took no offense to it. The whites do blah blah blah... and so forth. It's just a way of specificing things. The Italians, they like a lot of pasta. I'm Italian and I see nothing wrong with the last statement I just made in bold. I could see if he used a racial slur or something, but he did nothing of the sort.

Granted, that may be a fine thing for Joe Schmo off the street to say to his neighbor, but you'd never hear an established political figure (though Trump is a joke) actually say to the media he was close with The Italians, or close with The Jews, or close with The Muslims (well, Trump would never say THAT!)... For him to call the community The Blacks is arguably appropriate for the street, but isn't exactly what you'd expect of a man who wants to run the entire country. It goes on my list of inappropriate and ridiculous things the mockery that is Donald Trump has done....

What exactly did he say anyway that's causing such an uproar?? :confused:

I just think that quite frankly anything that even has the slightest hint of racism is deemed racist because of the racist past of this country. It's quite sad, but so it is and thus people are automatically oversensitive.

Never mind... All he said was that he has a great relationship with the blacks. I don't see any harm in what he said.

I certainly have and I took no offense to it. The whites do blah blah blah... and so forth. It's just a way of specificing things. The Italians, they like a lot of pasta. I'm Italian and I see nothing wrong with the last statement I just made in bold. I could see if he used a racial slur or something, but he did nothing of the sort.

Exactly. That's not racist, but it is profiling. People will say the dumbest things these days, but on a certain aspect they are quite funny...perfect example being that I'm part Cuban and my friend asks me if I'm good at swimming because of the stereotype placed upon Cubans because they swam from Cuba to Florida, whereas the same person who makes such generalization is Mexican, and I ask him if he's good at running and jumping to escape from the guards at the borderline between the U.S. and Mexico. At the end of the day we just laugh it off because it's the media that causes these stereotypes to be put in place. While there may be some truth to it, it's taken out of context and over time it's interpreted as something else.

Obama is an idiot for adhering to the demands of this racist movement.

Hardly racist. And he is an idiot for not shutting up the ppl earlier. Why should it take this far into his term for him to finally show something so simple? I'm not a 'birther', but the 'secrecy' doesn't help Obama one bit.

As for Trump, I smh at how he's turned this 'issue' into a farce as it is. He better not run because if he runs as a GOP or Independent, he'll probably 'throw' the election in Obama's favor. Look how it turned out with Palidino vs Cuomo here in NY.

Doesnt mean anything.. Hes still going to be just another one term President.

One can only hope so. He makes Jimmy carter look competent. Holder had to finally waive the white flag on the KSM trial in NYC [stupid idea from the start]. Even Schumer [no conservative] was against that. Increase of the debt to $14 trillion. Starting a 3rd war in Lybia when there was no threat against the US. Afghanistan is now more of a lost cause. There's no point in staying there. Iraq, somewhat stable, but the US should pull out soon.

If he was so concerned about getting on w/business he would've just showed the damn thing a long time ago and that could've put the thing to rest, but instead he let the situation fester. I wish he would stop running here every damn month for these fundraisers and get on with getting this country's economy back in order. He's already talking about re-elections and he hasn't done much with this first term, so why in the world would anyone with half a brain re-elect him again?? I for one would like to know what happened with all of that stimulus money that wasn't used??? :P
Totally agreed. All that fuel wasted flying back and forth to NYC. 3rd trip already in 2 months. Waste of man power to protect him as well and god knows what businesses have to be shut down for the motorcades.... So much for 'going green'. He ain't practicing what he's preeching.
So wanting to know if Obama is a naturalized American is racist? The fact that Obama avoided the question is what raised skepticism about where he was born. No president should be elected without showing the public that he/she was born here.
Exactly. I have nothing against people of color being president. I would've voted for Colin Powell if he had ran. The part of how Obama took this long to shut up his critics just fuels the doubt about [not his birth], but his character. Makes us wonder what else he's trying to hide. Messiah he ain't. And he should stop acting like he is.

Everybody else said it. This should have been done a while ago. On the subject of Bush, that's becoming less and less of a viable excuse as time goes on. The fact remains that Obama got everybody's hopes up way too high during his campaign and his term has been mediocre at best. I've been trying to give him as much patience as I can because of who was in office before him but this all starting to feel like "why did I elect him again?". That's not a good sign.

Totally agreed.

I'd be impressed if you can manage that, but it's a good idea. The way I see it:

Faux News - lunatics

MSNBC - progressive Liberals

CNN - centrists, Conservatives

New York Times - centrists

New York Post - very Conservative, bordering on Faux quality

Daily News - very Conservative

You could stay moderately informed off the New York Times, I think. Good luck. CNN you'll still hear about the Tea Party for ratings, and all the others have a slant (although in the case of MSNBC, I agree with them :P).

CNN- conservatives? I kinda doubt it, but sadly it is probably the 'better' of the 3.

Daily News, I have to disagree: You have leftists like Lupica and Daily there. I say at best centrist.

Let me chime in on this issue:

I am a conservative who vehemently disagrees with Obama's views on political issues. However, I have always felt he was born on Hawaii. I only attack him on his hard left political views. Most conservatives attack him on the same thing, including Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. For the record, I respect Donald Trump as a businessmen, but I will not vote for him if he were to be the Republican candidate for President. He is NOT a conservative, and has donated to Chuck Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Joe Biden, and Harry Reid (not exactly right wingers :P). I also think he is being an attention whore.

I am a conservative who vehemently disagrees with Obama's views on political issues. However, I have always felt he was born on Hawaii. I only attack him on his hard left political views. Most conservatives attack him on the same thing, including Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. For the record, I respect Donald Trump as a businessmen, but I will not vote for him if he were to be the Republican candidate for President. He is NOT a conservative, and has donated to such as Chuck Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Joe Biden, and Harry Reid (not exactly right wingers :P). I also think he is being an attention whore.

He is certainly FAR from a conservative.

I'd be impressed if you can manage that, but it's a good idea. The way I see it:

Faux News - lunatics

Fox News: Rational, American Loving, and Awesome.

MSNBC: :tdown: :eek:

CNN: Not conservative, but I can tolerate it.

New York Times: Left Wing and Biased, but I read it from time to time.

New York Post: Love the editorial page.

New York Daily News: Have you ever heard of Mike Lupica and Michael Daly? There are alot of liberals that are with the Daily News. However, you do see some conservatives there (ie: S.E. Cupp).

So now that the birth certificate is out, Trump has a new gripe with Obama. He wants to to see The Presidents college transcripts. Trump said he doesn't think Obama was smart enough to get into Harvard. WTF? Seriously? I guess he needed a 5.0 GPA then! SMFH!

Faux News - lunatics

You could stay moderately informed off the New York Times, I think. Good luck. CNN you'll still hear about the Tea Party for ratings, and all the others have a slant (although in the case of MSNBC, I agree with them :P).

I agree with everything except the mention of The Post "bordering on Faux quality."

That's an understatement! Both Fox and The New York Post are divisions of News Corp. So it's no coincidence, and The Post is nothing but Faux News in print!:tdown:

I am a conservative who vehemently disagrees with Obama's views on political issues. However, I have always felt he was born on Hawaii. I only attack him on his hard left political views. Most conservatives attack him on the same thing, including Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. For the record, I respect Donald Trump as a businessmen, but I will not vote for him if he were to be the Republican candidate for President. He is NOT a conservative, and has donated to Chuck Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Joe Biden, and Harry Reid (not exactly right wingers :P). I also think he is being an attention whore.

At this point I could care less about a person's social leanings. I just want a person that will run the country like a business and bring back jobs to the US and put an end to the outsourcing. So Trump maybe liberal on social issues, but if he actually stands on the anti-China stuff, maybe he has a small shot.

The GOP made a huge mistake letting the old fool McCain run against Obama. He was more or less Bush 3 and let Obama run circles around him on most current issues like the economy. Romney [at least might've had a chance on the economy issue] in 2008 would've had a better chance but the GOP for some reason rejected him and chose McCain.

The GOP made a huge mistake letting the old fool McCain run against Obama. He was more or less Bush 3 and let Obama run circles around him on most current issues like the economy. Romney [at least might've had a chance on the economy issue] in 2008 would've had a better chance but the GOP for some reason rejected him and chose McCain.
Absolutely. McCain was a RINO just like Bush and I knew instantly, after he was nominated, that Obama was going to smoke him in November 2008.

So now that the birth certificate is out, Trump has a new gripe with Obama. He wants to to see The Presidents college transcripts. Trump said he doesn't think Obama was smart enough to get into Harvard. WTF? Seriously? I guess he needed a 5.0 GPA then! SMFH!

I was listening to blaze 102.3 last night (local west indian based radio station), and ole dude was goin off on trump, callin him "Mister Wig"... lmao... I heard dude mention that about the transcript, and Obama not being smart enough to get into Harvard.... I'm sittin there muttering to myself, this is exactly what I was talkin about when I made that post on here earlier about, Obama showin his birth certificate not meanin much of anything.... still gonna have doubters no matter what...

The more you try to validate yourself, the more open you make yourself to criticism & skepticism....

Like I always tell myself, "You can never go wrong by sayin nothin"....

Haters sit there & wait for that "A-ha" moment... so they can twist it, spin it, and take whatever's said out of context - while character assassinating the hell out of you for anything you do or say from that point on.....

...and of all people, Donald trump...

this bigoted, sexist son of a b*tch got a lot of nerve sittin up there questioning someone's integrity !!

I was listening to blaze 102.3 last night (local west indian based radio station), and ole dude was goin off on trump, callin him "Mister Wig"... lmao... I heard dude mention that about the transcript, and Obama not being smart enough to get into Harvard.... I'm sittin there muttering to myself, this is exactly what I was talkin about when I made that post on here earlier about, Obama showin his birth certificate not meanin much of anything.... still gonna have doubters no matter what...

The more you try to validate yourself, the more open you make yourself to criticism & skepticism....

Like I always tell myself, "You can never go wrong by sayin nothin"....

Haters sit there & wait for that "A-ha" moment... so they can twist it, spin it, and take whatever's said out of context - while character assassinating the hell out of you for it from that point on.....

and of all people, Donald trump... this bigoted, sexist son of a b*tch got a lot of nerve sittin up there questioning someone's integrity !!

I agree 100%. But I have to admit, I do love the haters! If nobody is hating on you, then you really aren't relevant. But what you just posted is the main reason I don't respond to some things. Especially these days. Someone is always trying to "Ah ha!" Me.

For example, I was browsing another site yesterday and one of my posts was quoted, as they frequently are. It stated that my info was not correct, and all I could do was laugh. It's like really? We're still on this crusade to prove Dante wrong huh?

I could have commented on the post and stated that I already knew the outcome of the subject at hand. I could have proved everyone wrong for the 20th time in the process. But it's at the point where none of that even matters to me.

Just like the president, my track record speaks for itself.

If you mean the other transit forum, then I have no idea what that person's beef is with this place. I mean does he even post here?

I know what the beef is, but I'm not even going to go there. The person you are referring to actually does post here, but pretends as if it's not him.

The quoted post I am talking about was directed at said person, but someone else commented on it and said I was wrong. But it's ok. Almost everytime they disagree with me, MTA publishes documentation proving me right after the fact.

It's cool though. They are contributing to our post counts, site views, and new memberships, which have been up every month consecutively for quite a few months now. NYCTF is now the #1 site for all things (MTA). A few people are doing the exact opposite of what they intend to do, which is discredit the information posted here on the site.

Archived