Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Pelham Bay Dave

Train Service Supervisor

Dave,I don't wanna see u standing at Rock-Center telling TO's "ten miles over that switch"on the radio!!!!:P Congrats...U deserve it my brother!

Oh you won't see me in the B Div exept for training.
Really??I guess they need more help in the A...

Dave, what experiences have you had so far? I assume you are still training? Is it what you expected?

What exactly are the responsibilities of a TSS, anyway?

Congrats on your promotion!

Let's see in a nutshell TSS you train and monitor Conductors, Train Operators and Tower Operators. TSS responds to all incidents in the Subway that delays train service. They must be able to move all car equipment and know all jobs in Rapid Transit Ops Div and take over when needed.

Not really what I tought it was going to be didn't know TSS job did so much. However I'm liking it because this will be a challege.

When did they change the title to TSS from motor instructor? Not sure what the job is like now, but back when my father was a condcutor, he knew several T/Os who took the promotion, but then came back because they could not afford the pay cut since they were not getting any overtime in their new jobs.

Wow, sounds pretty intense, Dave. Good luck! It seems like you will not get bored of having the same old thing everyday, lol.

Congrats on the promotion...It sounds like a ton of responsibility for not that much more pay. It takes a different type of mentality to always want to advance and also be in that type of control and deal with the stress of so much important responisbility on your shoulders. The people I know in these types of positions are not people who can sit idle doing the same thing that isnt challenging to them. They are usually pretty ambitious.

I'm at the bottom and almost everyone from B so I got picked out. So A was last to go.
Maybe the A will work out better for u...I ran into a couple of TSS's in the past who came from the A and said they couldn't wait to go back so I'm guessing it's less stressful over there.

Ok they are now calling from the List and the last number called was #25. They called me for the Medical and now I'll be off to School car.

It seem like it went so fast my T/O career is just about over and now Sunday I will be a Train Service Supervisor.

Yay ! :( How many T/O years?

I had 6 Years as a T/O. However I'm thinking about comeing back. I got no pay raise with the position.
How many years til top pay?

3 Yearsto top pay. Right now Min TSS pay and Top T/O pay is the same rate an hour.
You prolly make more now as a T/O with the late clears,RDO's and built in OT...But after the 3 years that check would look pretty decent.Yur really considering coming back??

I had 6 Years as a T/O. However I'm thinking about comeing back. I got no pay raise with the position.

Dave we talked about this and i will say what i said before, do whats BEST for you.

That was fast. Maybe you need to let the job grow on you a little, lol. Unless it's really terrible.

Right now its still a learning process. I have a good class but the job itself I can take or leave it. I can make more as a T/O with less work so something to think about.