S53/79 question

Joel Up Front

So I know the two routes go over the VB to get to Brooklyn, but are there E-ZPass equipped buses reserved for those routes?

And what happens when there's some heavy traffic on the Verrazano? Does dispatch do anything if they know an operator is on a run that gets held up due to traffic?

So I know the two routes go over the VB to get to Brooklyn, but are there E-ZPass equipped buses reserved for those routes?

And what happens when there's some heavy traffic on the Verrazano? Does dispatch do anything if they know an operator is on a run that gets held up due to traffic?

Well, I guess you forgot about all of the express buses that also use the Verrazano... All buses use E-ZPass lanes, though I get the feeling that they're let through manually because sometimes we have to wait until a worker comes over to let us through.

As far as traffic on the Verrazano goes usually you just have to tough it out if traffic is heavy. However, there have been times where we've been re-routed on the express bus if traffic is at a standstill and it is clear that there was an accident or something. For example, on the X30, the B/O will do the entire run via Forest Avenue and make all of his regular stops. He'll then run as if he was an (S40) and use the side streets to do his "U-turn" so that he can come around going South in order to get onto the SIE and then instead of going via the Goethals Bridge, we'd go via the SIE to the Verrazano and through Brooklyn and then use West St up to 42nd and then regular. :cool:

If however the Verrazano is shut down, then we are re-routed on the express bus via NJ, using the Holland Tunnel into the city. I'm sure one of the B/Os can speak about what happens w/the local buses when the Verrazano is closed.

I remember when they were rebuilding lower level deck of the Verrazono and replacing the bridge over School Road at the same time, traffic was a nightmare but you just had to tough it out. The S53 and S79 runs often enough that the buses were still arriving frequently as they should, they just weren't on-time.

Well, I guess you forgot about all of the express buses that also use the Verrazano... All buses use E-ZPass lanes, though I get the feeling that they're let through manually because sometimes we have to wait until a worker comes over to let us through.

As far as traffic on the Verrazano goes usually you just have to tough it out if traffic is heavy. However, there have been times where we've been re-routed on the express bus if traffic is at a standstill and it is clear that there was an accident or something. For example, on the X30, the B/O will do the entire run via Forest Avenue and make all of his regular stops. He'll then run as if he was an (S40) and use the side streets to do his "U-turn" so that he can come around going South in order to get onto the SIE and then instead of going via the Goethals Bridge, we'd go via the SIE to the Verrazano and through Brooklyn and then use West St up to 42nd and then regular. :cool:

If however the Verrazano is shut down, then we are re-routed on the express bus via NJ, using the Holland Tunnel into the city. I'm sure one of the B/Os can speak about what happens w/the local buses when the Verrazano is closed.

Of course I know about the express buses having tags. No, they just let them through because they're (MTA) as well. (Sarcasm)

Of course I know about the express buses having tags. No, they just let them through because they're (MTA) as well. (Sarcasm)

Take your sarcasm and shove it. You've got a lot of nerve. You're going to sit here and ask a question and then come back with a wise @ss remark when someone replies to answer it, so I'm done dealing with you. This isn't the first time you've came back with some snappy @ss remark at me.

This went well.

I wouldn't worry too much. Like I said, I'm done with the kid. I just wanted to let him know that I'm not tolerating his BS. No need to close the thread either because this isn't escalating any further. My day is going well and I intend to keep it that way.

Archived