Do you think the MTA maintains the subway well?

6 Lexington Ave

Nah, the city ticket would likely be bumped up too. I don't think the LIRR wants additional ppl riding their trains when they feel the subways already covers the city.

And that's a problem. Each MTA agency runs as if it's a completely separate agency. There's no coordination between any of them. That needs to change. The MTA, as the parent agency, needs to demand coordination among its various "offspring" agencies when it decides to undertake major projects that require suspension of service. The "children" should not be allowed to make the rules.

The IND Concourse line is really not THAT bad... niether is South Ferry....

The biggest problem is PEOPLE........... I was thinking a while ago that if we lived in a world where PEOPLE did not throw thier garbage all over the place or WRITE STUPID SHT ALL OVER THE PLACE aka Graffetti ..... All public places would be better...im sure if the TA would have to worry less about cleaning up after all these disgusting pple then they could spend more on keeping the stations physically in shape !!!

That's why I've said the city should adopt Singapore's laws. You know damn sure they don't tolerate littering there. And I know it shouldn't be an excuse, but if the system could shut down at least once a week or 4 hours a day, they could at least do a better job cleaning up the trains and stations.

I personally would rate the system a 4.5 If i only fctor in sevcice and reliablity, its 8, with station conditon it drops down to a 6.5, then with construction, the Fultion and 7 line are not my main offenders, the 2nd ave line, being taking so long is what makes me drop it to a 4.5 If the people of Beijing can build a subway like in 2 and a half years, how can we take 20 years?

Exactly, which is why we should be building here much quicker unless we've suddenly dropped to a third world country.

Yes, because building is so easy when people work and live around every area we're building in. Not to mention Manhattan doesn't have the most stable underground composition. The MTA may be wrong in many places, but in some it just can't be helped.

Yes, because building is so easy when people work and live around every area we're building in. Not to mention Manhattan doesn't have the most stable underground composition. The MTA may be wrong in many places, but in some it just can't be helped.

what do you mean by "stable underground compostion" ? I hope you're not talkin geologically cause your wrong ! we have bedrock and thats why we're able to have soo many skyskrapers. thats probably why it takes so long to bore out a tunnel

Archived