MTA BUS Company or mabstoa ?

transit bx

hey I got called to take my second drug test for mta bus company on monday 5/2 at 730 am off exam 2901. I was wondering what depots should I pick into since I live in the bronx and also which depots starting and top pay is more. I would also like to know which depots TWU local 100 represent. From what I heard that I should try and pick into college point, laguadia, east chester, yonkers, or basily park since those are the depots that's under twu so anyone can help me with this would be great.

What's the "or MaBSTOA" part referencing?

I was called for a full time position for mta bus company from exam 2901 which that's mobstoa exam, so I was told if I pick to work for mta bus company I will be remove from mobstoa list which they aint hiring till 2012. Now my question was for any one that have any idea about mta bus which depots should I pick into cause from my under standing the pay is different and also some of the depots are atu.

I was called for a full time position for mta bus company from exam 2901 which that's mobstoa exam, so I was told if I pick to work for mta bus company I will be remove from mobstoa list which they aint hiring till 2012. Now my question was for any one that have any idea about mta bus which depots should I pick into cause from my under standing the pay is different and also some of the depots are atu.

oh ok id go with baisley,park.yes the pay is different 2 bucks less.

Ok, now I see what you mean. Not sure about the list though. I don't see why you would be removed from the OA list just because you accept a job with BC. I'll let an operator chime in on that.

As far as TWU 100 BC depots, you listed all of them in your original post. Do you know the locations of each of them?

be aware that the MTA is currently running a scam of a sort by having people take exams for B/O and maintenance position of MTA Bus/MaBSTOA. What it is, the MTA offers you a choice MTA Bus for immediate employment for less money and crummy work conditions or be placed on a long waiting list for MaBSTOA which has better pay and work conditions. For example, starting pay for a bus mechanic in MTA Bus is like 21/hr with no paid lunch and OA is 29/hr with paid lunch. Plus, for the maintenance people once you choose MTA Bus your name will be taken off the list and can't go back for a MaBSTOA position when its available.

Also, someone from MTA Bus should chime in.......but from what i heard MTA Bus employee pass don't work on the subways and/or TA/OA bus.

be aware that the MTA is currently running a scam of a sort by having people take exams for B/O and maintenance position of MTA Bus/MaBSTOA. What it is, the MTA offers you a choice MTA Bus for immediate employment for less money and crummy work conditions or be placed on a long waiting list for MaBSTOA which has better pay and work conditions. For example, starting pay for a bus mechanic in MTA Bus is like 21/hr with no paid lunch and OA is 29/hr with paid lunch. Plus, for the maintenance people once you choose MTA Bus your name will be taken off the list and can't go back for a MaBSTOA position when its available.

Also, someone from MTA Bus should chime in.......but from what i heard MTA Bus employee pass don't work on the subways and/or TA/OA bus.

True, the passes dont work for TA/OA, but about 90% of B/O's and S/A's honor them anyway as they should.

Well mta bus operators pay veries based on depots assignment from 18.84-19.98 with increments to 26.92-28.55 after 36-48 months. So all depots that's twu is the one that gets the hige starting pay and also the high top pay, where atu gets the lower end of the deal. Also I have friends that works for oa and ta as well as s/a, they told me they do honor mta bus company pass.

O

True, the passes dont work for TA/OA, but about 90% of B/O's and S/A's honor them anyway as they should.

Yeah I honor mta bus company passes. I mostly honor any pass from any regional transit authorities as long as the person asking for the honor is humble and doesn't automatically expect a free pass.

O

Yeah I honor mta bus company passes. I mostly honor any pass from any regional transit authorities as long as the person asking for the honor is humble and doesn't automatically expect a free pass.

Right, I think it's great. I've seen my brother deny a guy once because he was acting all entitled. He was an NJT driver with one hell of an attitude.

For the life of me I can't understand why BC operators don't have all access passes. Personally I think it's a slap in the face, but I'm not even going to go there right now.

Right, I think it's great. I've seen my brother deny a guy once because he was acting all entitled. He was an NJT driver with one hell of an attitude.

For the life of me I can't understand why BC operators don't have all access passes. Personally I think it's a slap in the face, but I'm not even going to go there right now.

Well our passes don't work on their buses either. I ride the bxm10 bus all the time and have never been denied the honor to ride free. TA just wants to keep us divided is all. There's no reason they couldn't have given them U or Epic passes. I know technically they're a different company of the mta, but so is mabstoa and they have U and Epic passes.

Transit BX if you can hold out for Mabstoa everything is much better! When the Mabstoa guys got laid off last summer, many ran to MTA Bus and hated the work they were getting (20 mins lunch,no recovery time at the end of the line, and less pay) When Mabstoa started calling people ran back.

ok ok this is a personal decision.....if it was me...and you are in a win win situation....I would do MTA BUS....here the work is plenty......if you wait till 2012 for Mabstoa....they will be in the middle of new contract talks....all the talk of tier 5, I mean who knows what the future holds for them....the OT at Mabstoa is nothing like it is in the private line division......with the new contract award I think you start somewhere around 20 or 21 an hr with top pay at 29.96 an hr...same as the no ot workers at Mabstoa....right now they have a better pension....but this is something we will try to even out in future contract talks....whatever you do stay with local 100....that is the first question you should ask when you are talking depot's to work at.....and those guys that got laid off and CAME RUNNING TO MTA BUS.....just didn't know the lines and didn't work it right....if they had no time at the end....it also has to do with "NO LEADER" and such......no matter where you work you will be driving a bus and dealing with the same crap....good luck with what you choose.....just remember when you move they move.....you will move NEW YORK!! :tup:

ok ok this is a personal decision.....if it was me...and you are in a win win situation....I would do MTA BUS....here the work is plenty......if you wait till 2012 for Mabstoa....they will be in the middle of new contract talks....all the talk of tier 5, I mean who knows what the future holds for them....the OT at Mabstoa is nothing like it is in the private line division......with the new contract award I think you start somewhere around 20 or 21 an hr with top pay at 29.96 an hr...same as the no ot workers at Mabstoa....right now they have a better pension....but this is something we will try to even out in future contract talks....whatever you do stay with local 100....that is the first question you should ask when you are talking depot's to work at.....and those guys that got laid off and CAME RUNNING TO MTA BUS.....just didn't know the lines and didn't work it right....if they had no time at the end....it also has to do with "NO LEADER" and such......no matter where you work you will be driving a bus and dealing with the same crap....good luck with what you choose.....just remember when you move they move.....you will move NEW YORK!! :tup:

@ cpbo thanks for the advise I think I will be picking mta bus,that's because I really don't want to deal with the ppl in my neighborhood which I live in the bronx, also because I want to get the hell away from ct transit bad. The way they did us with the new contract in ct transit really sucks so like you said I'm in a win win situation so ima run with mta bus. Now my question is I would like to come and work for college point, do they have room if not what depots should I try to get into. And for every else that had there input, thanks a lot also for giving me different insight on the two divisions. If you guys have anymore input plz post, cause I go for my drug test on monday.

@ cpbo thanks for the advise I think I will be picking mta bus,that's because I really don't want to deal with the ppl in my neighborhood which I live in the bronx, also because I want to get the hell away from ct transit bad. The way they did us with the new contract in ct transit really sucks so like you said I'm in a win win situation so ima run with mta bus. Now my question is I would like to come and work for college point, do they have room if not what depots should I try to get into. And for every else that had there input, thanks a lot also for giving me different insight on the two divisions. If you guys have anymore input plz post, cause I go for my drug test on monday.

LGA is another good one....they have all our Astoria local lines....I hear they have some good ot.....but try to get in CP....good luck

I really have to agree with you on this decision to work MTA Bus. I would work the express bus routes, to keep away from the local scum bags that ride the local city bus. I mean at least you know your dealing with people that actually go to work and pay their fare, and wont be begging you for rides everyday, and you won't deal with the 10 million baby strollers blocking lanes either. And immediate work now is much better than future promised work, that may or may not come when they say it will. The MTA is very good for breaking promises. I look forward to you honoring my pass on the BXM10 bus when I board lol.

I really have to agree with you on this decision to work MTA Bus. I would work the express bus routes, to keep away from the local scum bags that ride the local city bus. I mean at least you know your dealing with people that actually go to work and pay their fare, and wont be begging you for rides everyday, and you won't deal with the 10 million baby strollers blocking lanes either. And immediate work now is much better than future promised work, that may or may not come when they say it will. The MTA is very good for breaking promises. I look forward to you honoring my pass on the BXM10 bus when I board lol.

Well the only depot that handles only express lines is yonkers, east chester handles two local routes which are the bx23 and some Q50 runs. All queens depots under MTA BUS handles locals and all the express lines, so I still would have to deal with the public mess. The depots I'm really trying and hoping I can get into is college point, if not LGA is my second maybe baisly park. Do to those depots have more work which meaning more OT when I'm done with my probation. Plus since I live in the bronx, both college point and LGA depots is right over both brighe that connects to the bronx. But if those depots aint on that list when its time to pick depots, ill def go with ECH and will be looking forward to honoring your pass if we bump in to each other lol. But like what CPBO was saying , the future aint promise for mobstoa, so I should just run with mta bus while there offering the position. I hope I can get into the at least may 16th class since I got for my drug second drug test tomorrow. Or even sooner at that.

There are some shifts in LGA and CP that are express for the whole day. However, I don't think you will be able to grab one right away when you go in. Whatever the case may be, best of luck to you. :tup:

Thx @ seveneleven as long as I can get in the may classes I really don't care, I been waiting for this. Its going to be my second drug test so I really thing this is a go. Just like the guy told me when I ask why I aint get a call from my first drug test back in march, he told me if they don't call me by then, that they will call me back in for a second drug test which more classes will be in may. So this pass thursday I got that magic call to come in tommrrow for my second drug test. Its right on point so I guess ill be in the may classes. I hope I can be in the may 16 class keeping my fingers cross.

Thx @ seveneleven as long as I can get in the may classes I really don't care, I been waiting for this. Its going to be my second drug test so I really thing this is a go. Just like the guy told me when I ask why I aint get a call from my first drug test back in march, he told me if they don't call me by then, that they will call me back in for a second drug test which more classes will be in may. So this pass thursday I got that magic call to come in tommrrow for my second drug test. Its right on point so I guess ill be in the may classes. I hope I can be in the may 16 class keeping my fingers cross.

you'll be ok your headed in the right direction.drug test, physical, finger prints training.its your time bro!!!!!!own it!!!!!!

Don't worry you'll be fine. You sound motivated so I know you'll do well. I know you've heard this many time over on this forum. But I'll say it again, don't do OT in year one, stay off sick control and start your deferred compensation plans ASAP.

Don't worry you'll be fine. You sound motivated so I know you'll do well. I know you've heard this many time over on this forum. But I'll say it again, don't do OT in year one, stay off sick control and start your deferred compensation plans ASAP.

@willbx718 thanks bro and also I will stay away from doing ot and calling out sick in my first year, which I did for ct transit when I first started there 3 and half years ago. I'm ready to come and be part of the city I am so motivated right now lol...

• 5 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone knows the advantages of working for mabstoa over mta bus.I have been working for mta bus now for almost two years now as a cleaner/helper and I was just recently invited to 180 livingston st. This week for the same tittle but for mabstoa.originally the test I took for cleaner/helper was for mabstoa but at the time mabstoa was not hiring and the offerd me the same position but for mta bus.should I jump ship? Or should I stay put

Archived