New Bus Opertaor

alopezelsuper

HI, I'm a new bus operator just started this week. I'm at training day #5. I just want to know what the next step after I pass training. Do I go for my CDL license or do they put me in line training at a depot. I have not resigned from my job yet. By the way I've done pretty good in training and there's no doubt I will pass.

HI, I'm a new bus operator just started this week. I'm at training day #5. I just want to know what the next step after I pass training. Do I go for my CDL license or do they put me in line training at a depot. I have not resigned from my job yet. By the way I've done pretty good in training and there's no doubt I will pass.
Don't get cocky now anything can happen

Good luck. Hope you finish on Day 7. Once you finish and definitely pass, whether it is Day 7, 9, or 10.. They will schedule your road test. You don't have the job till you pass that road test. You get two chances.

Once you get your license (you will be responsible for paying the DMV fee to change over your license to CDL), you will get CPR training, finish up your paperwork,etc.. Expect to be at Zerega for another week or so.. Once all that is done, you will either pick, or get assigned to, a depot.

Report to the depot when you are told to and you begin Line Training. You will meet the union rep(s) at the depot and they will/should show you around and answer any questions you have and give you info on the bus routes at that depot.

Line training is like 3 weeks. Then you are on your own. Thicken your skin, don't pay mind to the people. Focus on driving and doing things the way you were taught. Don't pay no mind to the schedule. Don't worry about the fare. Will only get you in trouble.

#1 goal is to get off probation.

Good Luck. Feel free to ask any questions you may have in the future.

• 1 month later...

Archived