Osama Bin Laden is Dead

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here a surprise. Fox News this morning 5/6/11 had a story in which a survey claims as much as 20-30% of school kids in America *DO NOT KNOW* WHO IS OSAMA.

Should that REALLY surprise anyone??? I bet they know who that c***rag snookie is though.

Radicals/Extremists are the bane of any religion.

..and of any political system

Of course my young baby cousins even know who Osama is. I explained to them what September 11 2001 was. I also told them who was the people that destroyed, and killed innocent people that day. In fact they are literally glad Osama got shot, and killed.

That's just beyond ignorant.

Not that knowing who a terrorist is has ANYTHING AT ALL to do with the education system, but it's idiot Republicans (see Paul Ryan, the state of Texas) who are actually cutting our education system's funding the most of all. Way to blindly blame without having a clue what you're talking about.

Almost makes sense though. If you're a Republican in office, you probably want to keep the kids as dumb as you, the senator...

IMO blame goes around on why our kids in America don't know Osama or even George Washington. Part of it also lies on clueless parents as well not getting involved in their kids lives.

Even if 1 day I became a Dad, you be damn sure my kid has a basic grasp of current events/world history. That even if he/she went to a school that uses textbooks from the 1960's and the teachers are clueless.

I agree. I mean this stuff doesn't need to be covered in schools, but every American needs to know about. And if the kids don't know, you know their parents didn't tell them.

No surprise the government would love to take over the internet. If they did, free speech as we know it would be totally dead. You can't trust the tv personalities as they are puppets of the compaines they work for and are likely in bed with the government...

It'd be like China and how they censor google and youtube.

No surprise the government would love to take over the internet. If they did, free speech as we know it would be totally dead. You can't trust the tv personalities as they are puppets of the compaines they work for and are likely in bed with the government...

I remember as late as 25-30 years ago when I was a little boy the American news media was the most respected news outlets on the planet. They were so respected they were even nicknamed the '4th branch' of American Government led by lengendary journalists like Walter Cronkite, Chet Huntley, David Brinkley, Peter Jennings and Tom Brokaw.

Back to topic. Not sure it was mentioned here but Al Queda did confirm Osama's death on Friday. Still some extremist/Osama supporters think he still not dead.

And if they did that they would be acting in the same tyranny that Egypt and Libya´s so called leaders did.

Recent events have shown that the internet allows mass numbers of pissed of people to organize in short order and attempt to do something about their shitty situations. Imagine how much more efficient the American Revolution would have been had the founding fathers had access to the Internet...hell may have even saved Paul Revere a long night.

Back to topic. About 10 days after Osama death and still his memory is playing on the minds of many people. Here news article.

Osama Bin Laden's death: False alarms and blood pressure rise over fear of Al Qaeda retaliation

BY Nancy Dillon, Barry Paddock and Helen Kennedy

NY DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Tuesday, May 10th 2011

"Fears that Osama Bin Laden's followers want payback for his execution fueled a nationwide wave of jitters - causing evacuations, a flight diversion and higher blood pressure.

Part of Lincoln Hospital in the Bronx and a nearby apartment building were evacuated early Monday after the discovery of a parked 1998 Dodge Caravan running for hours with 24 pipelike devices inside.

Police used a robot to blow out the vehicle's windows before giving the allclear just before 1 a.m.

Investigators determined that the pipes were harmless foam tubes used to protect glass. The Caravan's driver, a windshield installer, had abandoned his vehicle to deal with a severe asthma attack and left the tubes behind.

Late Sunday, a Yemeni man who had lived in New York was tackled by passengers on an American Airlines flight to California when he began pounding on the cockpit door about 30 minutes before landing.

The man, Rageh Almurisi, 28, may have thought it was a rest room. "He's not a terrorist, trust me," said his cousin Rageh Almoraissi, 29, who owns a store in Vallejo, Calif. "You don't knock on a door as a terrorist act. I think it was just a misunderstanding," he added, saying that his cousin has a math degree and loves America.

Almurisi tried the handle of the locked cockpit, and when a flight attendant told him the bathroom was to his left, he rammed the door with his shoulder and "kept yelling and pushing," according to an FBI affidavit.

He was tackled by passengers, including a retired Secret Service agent and a former California cop, and will be charged with interfering with a flight crew.

The cousin said he was sure Almurisi had no evil intent.

"If you don't get radicalized in Yemen, you're not going to get radicalized," Almoraissi said. "He's a really nice guy, always happy and smiling. He loves it here."

Almurisi was moving to California after living in New York for a year with his brother Mohammed, a cabbie who moved back to Yemen.

Cops cordon off area around Lincoln Hospital in the Bronx after discovery of a vehicle with 24 pipelike devices inside. (Danny Iuduci for News)

The cousin said Almurisi is not very worldly. "The first time he came here, the first Asian guyhe saw, he asked him if he was related to Jackie Chan. He's not that sophisticated," said Almoraissi.

If Almurisi fell victim to a misunderstanding, it would be the second time for his family.

A distant relative, Hezem Almurisi, was briefly detained last August because his traveling companion on a Chicago-to-Amsterdam flight packed a cell phone taped to a Pepto-Bismol bottle, three cell phones taped together, watches taped together and three large knives. "It was stupid," Almoraissi said. "He was separating everything people asked him to send to Yemen by taping them together based on who was supposed to get what."

The inflight scuffle was the most dramatic of four airline incidents as passengers and crews hypervigilant for Al Qaeda reprisals were quick to raise alarms. These included the following:

- A 34-year-old man tried to leave a Continental Airlines flight from Houston to Chicago on Sunday by opening the cabin door in midair and was wrestled down.

The man declared he needed to get off the plane. "He said he had a rough Mother's Day," said passenger Tony Harris, who choked the man into unconsciousness.

- A Delta flight from Detroit to San Diego on Sunday made an emergency landing in New Mexico after a note about a bomb - but no actual bomb - was found in a lavatory.

- On Friday, an imam and a professor of Arabic heading to a conference on Islamophobia were kicked off an Atlantic Southeast Airlines flight in Memphis because the pilot refused to carry them.

The FBI and the Homeland Security Department issued a warning to law enforcement agencies last night about the possibility of a bomb or an improvised explosive device attack. While the warning was not prompted by any specific threat, officials fear a lone wolf could seek revenge for Bin Laden's death."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/05/10/2011-05-10_fear_of_osama_bin_laden_revenge.html

Archived