You Know you are Addicted to the NYC Subway when.

I thought i would kick off this forum classic here at this forum. Mods, please move to another forum if in not the appropriate area.

Every post should start with. "You know you are addicted".

Those are the rules, have fun with it

You know you are addicted when you take the subway one stop and get off.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know you are addicted if you are reading this post

You know you are addicted when you are listening to (MTA)'s radio using the scanner

You know you are addicted when you can tell what train it is by it's number

I'm addicted :cool:

You know you're addicted to the subway when you care what kind of subway car the train is made up of.

You know you're addicted to the subway when you take note of what the subway car number you rode in was.

You know you're addicted to the subway when you take pictures of it.

You know you're addicted to the subway when you interact with MTA employees.

And before anyone says anything about how these are mean or anything, this is a subway themed forum and of course people here are addicted to the subway. :P

You know you're addicted to the NYC subway when you carry a camera with you just in case something odd decides to pass by when you're waiting.

You know you're addicted to the NYC subway when you find the old equipment better than the new.

Really now....durr I know that. It wasn't meant as a serious comment. And how you know the average New Yorker isn't addicted to the subway??

Because most New Yorkers, including myself, can't stand riding it. It's overcrowded, under-maintained, and smells.

Because most New Yorkers, including myself, can't stand riding it. It's overcrowded, under-maintained, and smells.

Speak for yourself and if you find overcrowding and smelly then its a called a local, Limited and express buses....try using them. This is a fun thread don't spoil it with your sarcastic remakes. Have a nice day!

Speak for yourself and if you find overcrowding and smelly then its a called a local, Limited and express buses....try using them. This is a fun thread don't spoil it with your sarcastic remakes. Have a nice day!

We've been over this a million times... (4)(5) express too crowded, (6) local too crowded, x90 express bus eliminated, M15 SBS too slow, M15/M103 local too slow.

OK, now back on topic...

You know you're addicted to the subway if you've ever taken a picture or video of a train.

You know you're addicted to the subway if you do not like the newer, more informative trains.

Imma go in on this one...

-you know you're addicted to the subway if you only ride a certain car type and change your commute to avoid others

-you know you're addicted to the subway when almost every one of your conversations involves a train

-you know you're addicted to the subway when you go on every fan trip (free & paid)

-you know you're addicted to the subway when someone talks bad about a certain car type

Last but not least...

you know you're addicted to the subway when you actually CLAIM a car type as you're own

Archived