You Know you are Addicted to the NYC Subway when.

Every post should start with. "You know you are addicted".

Those are the rules, have fun with it

You know you are addicted when you take the subway one stop and get off.

That's me.

You Know you are Addicted to the NYC Subway when you always ride in the first car of a train :P

That's me.

You know you're addicted to the subway when you care what kind of subway car the train is made up of.

You know you're addicted to the subway when you take note of what the subway car number you rode in was.

That's me.

You know you're addicted to the subway when you take pictures of it.

That's me.

You know you're addicted to the NYC subway when a cop stops you for committing possible acts of terrorism when all you were doing was taking a photograph.

That happened to me on (J) Hewes St-bound train during G.O., ex-cop on New Years Eve at Lex Av-53rd St.

You know you're addicted to the NYC subway when you carry a camera with you just in case something odd decides to pass by when you're waiting.

That happened to me when SRS train or TG something train passed by me.

You know you're addicted to the subway if you've ever taken a picture or video of a train.

That's me.

-You know when you're addicted to the subway when you know your away around the entire system.

That's me.

You know you're addicted to the subway when you provide confused tourists several options to get to their destination.

That's me.

You know you're addicted to the subway when:

-You repeat announcements randomly throughout your day.

-You favor the longer way home.

That's me.

You know you're addicted when your favorite train, which is an express, makes local stops with one of them being yours and you just jizz in your pants about it

That happened to me. When I was living in Manhattan near IRT East 96th St, uptown local made express on local track from Grand Central to 86th St, then 96th St my home, then non-stop to 125th St.

Sometimes (7) does it, too.

You know you're addicted to the subway when you go to the the stations that have the countdown clocks just to check them out.

That's me.

You know you're addicted to find out your train has signal problem, police activity.

You know you're addicted when you race through subway system.

You know you're addicted when you rush to get next train at long passegeway.

You know you're addicted to move from subway/train cars to other cars when you don't like to be in noisy car.

You know you're addicated to crowded train you take.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you study where the dirty footprints are on the tactile strip to gauge where the doors will open.

Anyway, you know you're addicted to the subway when you can find the most elaborate way to lose someone.

This isn't an addiction, it's an artform.

When you study where the dirty footprints are on the tactile strip to gauge where the doors will open.

This isn't an addiction, it's an artform.

Well I was doing it before it went mainstream :P

Just because you have a scanner doesn't mean you're addicted...

I've been guilty of this one:

You know you're addicted to the subway when:

-you find G/O's fun rather than annoying

-you call them G/O's even in front of everyone else without knowing it.

-you chuckle at people who are waiting on the wrong platform for a train that will never come.

You know you're addicted to the Subway when you have a shopping cart decorated with all the route bullets, both old and new, all over

:spits out water:

lmfao! QFT!

Don't we all know a few people on here that has these problems....

Mmmmm, I'm leaving that one alone since that involves a lot of folk....

You know you are addicted to the subway when....

- You interrupt a conversation with some subway talk...(You know who you are...)

- You hate a group of people because of a subway line or a change in the subway line....(You know who you are....)

- You threaten someone for dissing your favorite subway car (You know who you are...)

- You get pissed off for someone taking the front window

- You make videos sounding overly excited about the trains....

- You think you are popular for getting something that others didn't get....yet no one really gives two shits about it....

- You start bothering transit workers to change signs...

- You constantly get pissed off because people don't want to join your railfan trips...(railfans and normal people alike...)

- You start throwing bitchfits because the MTA retired your 'favorite' fleet of trains.....

Lol, so totally true.

-You know when you're addicted to the subway when you know know your away around the entire system.

No, that's useful info. Maybe foamerish, but that stuff works very well in case of reroutes/other problems on the lines.

...when you make a new fantasy map at least once or twice a year.

Lol, thank god I stopped making them a long while ago.

=

As for the photography thing, If it's just a few pics every here and there, I think that's more a hobby than an addiction. Now if it's 50 pictures of the same train.... heh..

-You know when you're addicted to the subway when you know the time your train should be at that stop.

-You know when you're addicted to the subway when you know know your away around the entire system.

yep

not to mention

You know you're addicted to the subway if your way to Point A to Point B ends up being better than any solution provided by your iPhone

:spits out water:

Lol, thank god I stopped making them a long while ago.

=

As for the photography thing, If it's just a few pics every here and there, I think that's more a hobby than an addiction. Now if it's 50 pictures of the same train.... heh..

I saw a couple people taking photos of my (D) as it was blazing down the West End last Sunday, I waved to them.

YES!!!!!!!!

Or better yet, a R46 (F)

I saw one a couple weeks ago.

... If you foam over an R160 (R) or an R68A (D).

... If you look at every subway train.

R68A (D) is easy, just wait for Yankee baseball specials @ 161 after games, we have to sign up (:P equipment as (D)'s then take them down the road.

Oh a R-62 being on the (4) or R-68A (N)!

There's a handful of 68A (N) around, just got to be patient. One leaves Astoria around 10pm most evenings.

-You know you're addicted to the subway when you classify a subway car as fat & slow

-You know you're addicted to the subway when you're willing to publicly state that you dream of tagging up a subway car you don't like with "____ sucks"

You can imagine someone doing that to an R160...

...you've gotten into HEATED discussions on multiple forums about ANY particular trainset... which ended up turning into "beefs" between you & someone else...

...you've created multiple fantasy maps, or multiple "revisions" of one you've created before...

...you're still waiting for the (9) train to come back, or repeatedly mentioning a goddamn (F) culver express

...you cream your pants over the f'n RFW

...you wonder "what it's like" to be a train operator; in turn...

....you play BVE for hours on end

...you find any way to bring up the subway/train into a conversation...

"mi wake up this mahnin, comb mi 'air, brush all a mi teet, run outta a di ting wha rub unda di ahmpit...

so me haffi run fi catch __ train ah' go a rite aid so mi nah reek like skunk fah mi gal"

... you exude a "I know more than you do" attitude when it comes to the NYC subway

(there's a LOT of people in this community that are like that)

Simply put...

You know you're addicted to the subway when you are pushing one of these around,skipping all the timers and making announcements like..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkDpTd8byZ3jQ29KEqkzjOHNzmUCYwDq3ujdnKPv_ygzvueJuyWQ

"The next Aisle is..Fruits and vegetables"

"If you see a suspicious cart of foamer,do not keep it to yourself"

"Transfer is available to the corner bodega"

...you've gotten into HEATED discussions on multiple forums about ANY particular trainset... which ended up turning into "beefs" between you & someone else...

...you've created multiple fantasy maps, or multiple "revisions" of one you've created before...

...you're still waiting for the (9) train to come back, or repeatedly mentioning a goddamn (F) culver express

(there's a LOT of people in this community that are like that)

Still [serious and not joking about] obssessing over sending the (W) down to Bay Pkwy and/or some SI-Brooklyn connection. Reviving the 3rd Av el, etc. So many it's hard to keep count anymore.

Archived