You Know you are Addicted to the NYC Subway when.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...When you think your a know it all

...When make sounds of car types when your walking or driving ect.

...When you think your cool because you have the keys to change rollsigns.

...If you ask a c/r to change the signs on a ntt and then you post a pic trying to fool ppl into thinking it really happened.

...When you come into the chatbox interupting a grown man convo asking if the R142As are running on the (5).

...When you talk about the M8s nonstop for a week straight(Sorry its not subway But I had to get it out)

...When you foam over a battery run.

...When you take a trillion pics of the same train at one station.

....When you come into the chatbox interupting a grown man convo asking if the R142As are running on the (5).

...When you talk about the M8s nonstop for a week straight(Sorry its not subway But I had to get it out)

...When you foam over a battery run.

...When you take a trillion pics of the same train at one station.

lmao!

You know you're addicted to the subway when you keep track of one specific trainset, and get upset if two five-car sets are split up.

By the way, I saw 7001-7005 and 7006-7010 lately.

Yesterday I saw 7001-7005 coupled to 6985-6981 with 7001 leading North and today 7006-7010 coupled to 7040-7036.

Someday, R142s 7001-7005 and 7006-7010, or rather, 7001-7010, will become whole again.

Your addicted when........

-An idiot rates a Youtube video thumb down of someones train or bus video on purpose

-When you see a roll sign of a route that is not assigned that car class. (ex: R42 (F) train sign on a (J))

-When you have multiple Youtube accounts with subway videos (Rather then one)

-When you are on a nostalgia event and being the first idiot to be in the RFW, instead of being nice and letting children LOOK instead

-When you argue on a forum over which car class is better

-When you PULL the emergency brake on a subway car on purpose, like the 2009 NOSTALGIA...

-When you just fan SUBWAYS ALL THE TIME, or JUST NYC Subway and not doing some other transit system or Railroad fanning lol, but then again that can count as addiction

-When you see a new tech car coming in, LOVE IT A LOT then bash it a few years after because its replacing the old cars and then years later you go back to loving a new car and bashing.. A CYCLE. Just like the R160.. Everyone loved the R160 and now people are bashing it LOL. I know a few who are just like this and may do this when the R179/R188+ comes in.

You're addicted to the subway when you want the following to happen:

(F) back on 53 St

(9) train to return

(V) and (W) to return

(G) to return to Forest Hills

Culver express

the (2) should be the WPR peak express, not the (5)

(C) to Lefferts Blvd

Express service east of Forest Hills

(C) and (R) should run more frequently

(R) should never be a three-borough local

You know you're addicted to the subways when your facebook profile is filled with nothing but R32 pictures and pics with you standing next to R32s, and almost every one of your statuses has to do with a R32

You know you are addicted to the NYC subway when you memorize ALL the station lines on several lines, know ALL and seen the abandoned stations from the outside a car, and taken almost all lines in 1 day. :cool:

Hey it took me like 5 years to remember all the stations and look at all the abandoned ones :(

You know you're addicted to the Subway when you have a shopping cart decorated with all the route bullets, both old and new, all over

HAHA! I know who that is!

But anyway:

You know you're addicted to the NYC Subway when you do this to an exclusive catch ---> :eek:

Your addicted when........

-An idiot rates a Youtube video thumb down of someones train or bus video on purpose

-When you see a roll sign of a route that is not assigned that car class. (ex: R42 (F) train sign on a (J))

-When you have multiple Youtube accounts with subway videos (Rather then one)

-When you are on a nostalgia event and being the first idiot to be in the RFW, instead of being nice and letting children LOOK instead

-When you argue on a forum over which car class is better

-When you PULL the emergency brake on a subway car on purpose, like the 2009 NOSTALGIA...

-When you just fan SUBWAYS ALL THE TIME, or JUST NYC Subway and not doing some other transit system or Railroad fanning lol, but then again that can count as addiction

-When you see a new tech car coming in, LOVE IT A LOT then bash it a few years after because its replacing the old cars and then years later you go back to loving a new car and bashing.. A CYCLE. Just like the R160.. Everyone loved the R160 and now people are bashing it LOL. I know a few who are just like this and may do this when the R179/R188+ comes in.

Your second point doesn't make no sense, so a average joe who's not a railfan takes the subway home after a long day of work and sees a A 42 on the (J) signed up as a (F) is addicted to the subway?

You Know You're addicted to the Subway When...

-Your Favorite Subway car runs on your favorite subway line

-When a train has your favorite proplusion in it (Yes, I admit this)

-When it leads you to your favorite places

-When there is an unexpected re-routing for the train (ex- (R) train @ 15st)

-When your into the way the trains look

-When the Subway goes through outer-borough

-When you realize it's faster than the bus

-When a discontinued subway line comes back from the dead

-That time of year come when the Nostalogic trains come out

-Go Railfanning to get your hot shots

-When new trains coming in

-When you see hot Girls on the train you're on.:(

Lets see:

You know you're addicted to the NYC Subway when you can predict future car moves and be terribly wrong at it and won't admit it.

You know you're addicted to the NYC Subway when you have certain keys that only T/A Personnel should have.

You know you're addicted to the NYC Subway when you hear a train accelerate out of a station and you are saying "I am done." or "That train is finished."

You Know You're addicted to the Subway When...

-Your Favorite Subway car runs on your favorite subway line

-When a train has your favorite proplusion in it (Yes, I admit this)

-When it leads you to your favorite places

-When there is an unexpected re-routing for the train (ex- (R) train @ 15st)

-When your into the way the trains look

-When the Subway goes through outer-borough

-When you realize it's faster than the bus

-When a discontinued subway line comes back from the dead

-That time of year come when the Nostalogic trains come out

-Go Railfanning to get your hot shots

-When new trains coming in

-When you see hot Girls on the train you're on.:)

Oh... I see what you did there.

I got the best example ever....

there's a R68 (or R68A, who gives a rat's ass) set on the (G) today, and on my facebook timeline, 5 people are going to look for it

Nevermind the fact that its a beautiful day outside and most people (myself included) would kill to enjoy this day but can't cuz of work, school, or some other thing but they go and hunt down a train

That's how you know you're addicted to the subway

NUFF SAID!!

your addicted when........

-an idiot rates a youtube video thumb down of someones train or bus video on purpose

-when you see a roll sign of a route that is not assigned that car class. (ex: R42 (F) train sign on a (J))

-when you have multiple youtube accounts with subway videos (rather then one)

-when you are on a nostalgia event and being the first idiot to be in the rfw, instead of being nice and letting children look instead

-when you argue on a forum over which car class is better

-when you pull the emergency brake on a subway car on purpose, like the 2009 nostalgia...

-when you just fan subways all the time, or just nyc subway and not doing some other transit system or railroad fanning lol, but then again that can count as addiction

-when you see a new tech car coming in, love it a lot then bash it a few years after because its replacing the old cars and then years later you go back to loving a new car and bashing.. A cycle. Just like the r160.. Everyone loved the r160 and now people are bashing it lol. I know a few who are just like this and may do this when the r179/r188+ comes in.

iawtp!

You know you are addicted to subways when you come on this site and talk about Subways every day.

You know you are addicted to subways when you are a member of a number of subway websites, even those that don't have anything to do with (MTA) NYC Transit.

Archived