You Know you are Addicted to the NYC Subway when.

You're addicted to the subway when you compare the R32s to the MBTA 01400s which are the same age or the R46s to the 01700s which are a decade apart respectively

You're addicted to the subway when you like to see a Slant on the Culver for the first time since 1980/81

You're addicted to the subway when you want an R46 with an uncovered RFW and see the motorperson operate that Newtran-built Cineston type master Controller handle on them especially above ground.

You're addicted to the subway when you like all or most A-Line trains to go to Beach 116th Street/Rockaway Park ionstead of Mott Avenue/Far Rockaway

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know your addicted to the subway when you explain in vast details to tourists about how to get from A to B and which cars to be in

you know your addicted to the subway when you take routes longer (to your job or school) just because you want a variety of different equipment

You know you're addicted when you play BVE or any other train sim and you walk outside, pretend that your set of keys are those keys that T/O's have and use them to open your room door then proceed to pretend to charge up the train by hooking your keys up to your keyboard and pretend that the train is charging up lol.

You know you're addicted when you're playing BVE and you get held at a station and you give the C/R the "buzz".

You know you're addicted to the NYC Subway when you can get home more than one way, and you try every one.

Same goes for work and/or school.

THIS! :tup: But this is only when I commute to work..going home I take one way only, just to get home asap and sleep.

Your Addicted when you know what area the Hot Women sit at. :) :cool: :tup:

I don't need to be addicted to the subway for that. B)

I have been finding some hostility against members in some posts. You will get a word from the mods if you do

Hostility? I don't feel like I'm being hostile. I'm just putting out the absurdities that I've seen out of the railfan community ever since I stumbled upon it.

And with that being said...

You know you're addicted when you you make fantasy maps with nonsensical route extensions and get mad whenever someone throws reality in your face

• 4 weeks later...

...When make sounds of car types when your walking or driving ect.

THAT IS SO ME!! :P

Anyway, You Know You're Addicted to the NYC Subway when you debate over your favourite lines or types of cars like other people would debate over their favourite baseball team or brand of clothing;)

You know you're addicted to the subway when you judge an operators operating.

You know you're addicted to the subway when you go in the system several times a week to take pics and vids.

You know you're addicted to the subway when you have a favorite set in the system(ex. R142A 7695-91,R32 3660 3661)

You know you're addicted when:

1) You know more about the ins-and-outs of a train than those of your girlfriend.

2) You argue constantly about which car type is the most superior one.

3) You change the rollsigns because it makes you foam.

You know you're addicted to the subway when you have a favorite set in the system(ex. R142A 7695-91,R32 3660 3661)

You know, I never really understood why people have favorite sets, like they all look the damn same to me.

You know, I never really understood why people have favorite sets, like they all look the damn same to me.

I understand why T/O may have fave sets, those that accelerated well, broke well and had good top speeds, but regular railfans... smh.

Archived