You know you are addicted to buses when...

PATCOman

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know you're obsessed with buses when....

- You have a turf war based on the depots that serve you or live nearby...(smh I can name a few people...)

- You start favoring another model when one model is scrapped and you previously disliked the model you started favoring...

- You start banishing/strongly disliking a fleet just because of what it replaced...(mmhmm, I can point a few fingers at a few people for that one....)

- You care too much about the small shit like the doors, signs seats, etc etc etc, acting like its your own personal vehicle....

- You end up talking shit about a certain bus yet you compliment the ride....

- You lose hope in what buses arrives at the depot that serves you...

- You constantly nag other people about news...

- You make sound effects that comes out of whatever bus model one is imitating....

- You start comparing the bus model to other things thats completely irrelevant or incomparable....

- You start giving buses a gender based on fleet number and specs....(Yes, I'm being serious on that one and that shit disturbs me a lot...unfortunately I happen to know some of the folks that do that shit....)

- You rather ride a bus instead of going to work, school or on a date with a girl or guy...(not judging here)

- You start having arguments with people over the bus fleet and routes and so-on....

- You run down the block just to get a picture of a bus with an unusual sign or get overly excited by a sign change...

- You become a heavy critic for every bus you get on...

- You go out at 2-3am just to ride buses because there are no cars on the road or to catch a certain fleet running on a line that doesnt see that fleet on a normal basis....(I can point fingers at that one too...)

I got more but thats it for now...

LMAO! Great list ^

SMH at the rivalries especially ones without any basis and just outright hate for no reason.

I did originally hate the NG at FB for displacing the ZF RTSs to Ulmer, but have since gotten over that a few months after the transfer.

Definitely guilty of that one! If you know your depots well, that is!

Guilty of that one [well mainly just the one, the others I don't really keep up to date on the info]. I can't help but keep a sorta mental note of most of the buses at my 'home' depot. And I do get 'excited' [small smile and not up and down jump for joy excited] seeing specific buses.

I just thought of a few more....

You know you are obsessed with buses when...

- You exile routes / don't ride certain routes because of a certain fleet of buses operating on the route...

- You pass up certain buses because of their looks...

- You start hating a certain fleet because they are different in terms of specs and powertrain and whatnot...(I can point fingers at a lot of folk...)

- You start making nicknames for buses...

- You create fan pages on Facebook about a certain fleet....(unfortunately, this is real...)

- You start bashing depots for an illogical reason or no reason whatsoever...and not having the prior knowledge about them before one starts talking shit...

- You make fantasy bus maps, routes, route extensions and eliminations that you THINK will benefit people when most of it is just hearsay and such....

You know you're obsessed over buses when your jizz your pants over the sound of a CNG's turbo blowoff...

EL EM EF AY OH!!! I didn't do all of that but I did lose my mind when I first heard it before :P

I'll make my list later

- you consider a, or many bus(es) for LONG distance commutes, over an airplane or any form of rail...

- you dream one day that hydrobuses will come to fruition...

(US to Spain via the Atlantic Ocean!)

- everything Cait Sith said....

- you walk/run/ride a bike, pretending you're a bus...

- you know every bus fleet that ever existed... and can recite them at the drop of a hat

I'm not talking just MTA....

- you actually enjoy riding on, and will defend, the cheese bus

- you get mad when someone took a picture/video of a certain (newer) bus, that posted it on the forums before you did....

- those of you that know specifics of individual buses....

- those of you that are up-to-date on bus moves....

- you busfan, period.

(yes, I'm calling myself out too... I'm not above that)

- you look to venture to certain cities/states/COUNTRIES, just to, or for the main reason of, embarking on their surface transportation....

lmao....

Now, Confess.

I just thought of a few more....

You know you are obsessed with buses when...

- You exile routes / don't ride certain routes because of a certain fleet of buses operating on the route...

- You pass up certain buses because of their looks...

- You start hating a certain fleet because they are different in terms of specs and powertrain and whatnot...(I can point fingers at a lot of folk...)

- You have a turf war based on the depots that serve you or live nearby...(smh I can name a few people...)

- You start favoring another model when one model is scrapped and you previously disliked the model you started favoring...

- You make sound effects that comes out of whatever bus model one is imitating....

- You start comparing the bus model to other things thats completely irrelevant or incomparable....

- You go out at 2-3am just to ride buses because there are no cars on the road or to catch a certain fleet running on a line that doesnt see that fleet on a normal basis....(I can point fingers at that one too...)[/center]

Wow, you got me. :P

Top 10 reasons you're addicted to buses:

You have a schedule of every bus route in the city and neighboring suburbs

You come up with silly extensions and/or eliminations or reroutes

You know about every depot in the city and neighboring suburbs

You get up at the crack of dawn to try out a new bus route

Just because you hate/love a certain bus model, you think that everyone should love/hate it

You'd rather busfan than be with a girl/guy

You wish your depot/route would have a certain type of bus

You'd wait a little longer because the bus that showed up wasn't the bus type you wanted

Just because a certain route was "screwed up", that means the route is set up to fail

And the number one reason you're addicted to buses:

You feel you should be the President of buses

Top 10 reasons you're addicted to buses:

You have a schedule of every bus route in the city and neighboring suburbs

You come up with silly extensions and/or eliminations or reroutes

You know about every depot in the city and neighboring suburbs

You get up at the crack of dawn to try out a new bus route

Just because you hate/love a certain bus model, you think that everyone should love/hate it

You'd rather busfan than be with a girl/guy

You wish your depot/route would have a certain type of bus

You'd wait a little longer because the bus that showed up wasn't the bus type you wanted

Just because a certain route was "screwed up", that means the route is set up to fail

And the number one reason you're addicted to buses:

You feel you should be the President of buses

LMAO... That's a little beyond addicted... Obsessive compulsive... :eek:

Ok my turn now

you know you're addicted to buses when...

-you hate hybrids only cuz they don't make as much sound effects as the diesels

-you know every single RTS the (MTA) ever got, including the PBLs

-you foam to be the first person to catch a certain bus but get angry when someone does it before you

-you hate most lines/depots only cuz of what equipment they have

-you think the depot you live near by is the best

-you can give every single detail about every single bus on the road

-you glorify express buses like its the best thing since sliced bread

-you call out of work just to ride buses (believe me I know someone who did that)

-you rather wait hours just to catch a certain bus

-you have ideas/extensions for every single bus

-you claim a bus as your own

-you have your name on facebook has something to do with a bus

That's it...for now

You know you're addicted to buses when...

- You take pictures of them

- You take videos of them

- You think bus drivers are gods

- You look at the number of the bus you ride and remember it

- You dream of becoming a bus driver

- Saying that someone will never be hired by the MTA as a bus driver is considered a diss rather than a compliment

- You'd rather take the bus than the subway even though it'll take twice as long

- You know what type of bus it is based on the number

- You know what depot a bus is from based on the number

- You know the bus model names

- You care what bus model shows up (except for express buses because everyone expects a bus with those comfortable seats)

- You know what depot a certain line is based out of

- You CARE what depot a certain line is based out of

- You think bus drivers are gods

- You look at the number of the bus you ride and remember it

- You dream of becoming a bus driver

- Saying that someone will never be hired by the MTA as a bus driver is considered a diss rather than a compliment

- You'd rather take the bus than the subway even though it'll take twice as long

- You know what type of bus it is based on the number

- You know what depot a bus is from based on the number

- You know the bus model names

- You care what bus model shows up (except for express buses because everyone expects a bus with those comfortable seats)

- You know what depot a certain line is based out of

- You CARE what depot a certain line is based out of

...you mad, bro?

Yes, I admit it.

My Guide to bus Addictions:

You Know you are addicted to

1. On your way home you always wait for an Diesel Bus or CNG such as RTS, Orion V (If availiable) & refrain from riding those damn Hybrid buses.

2. When you can also get addicted when the RTS hits 4th gear & be done! (Same with the Orion V's).

3. Also same holds truth for busfanning

4. Buy Your favorite bus model before it becomes scrap.

5. When you record em.

6. The fact that they were bulit like real buses

and so on....

I've seen regular folk take pics and vids of new buses, does that make them addicts? Obviously I'm one of them folk who takes pics and vids of buses but it's not an addiction when you actually have a life....

Archived