You know you are addicted to buses when...

PATCOman

You know you're addicted when certain buses visit (MTA) for test/demo run.

I get excited when new buses come including non-MTA buses.

You know you're addicted when you take bus for short distance.

I'm guilty of this one. I sometime take M15 Local/SBS from 126th St Depot to 125th St, or Bx12SBS bet. Jerome & Valentine/GC; from LGA terminal to terminal.

You know you're addicted when your B/O friend is driving a bus.

You know you're addicted to include trip on +Select Bus Service+.

You know you're addicted to collect bus maps including Downtown Connection map.

You know you're addicted when city or other state buses show up in TV show or movie.

You know you're addicted to stay by front door.

You know you're addicted on crowded buses.

You know you're addicted when vintage buses ran including other non MTA Vintage buses.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen regular folk take pics and vids of new buses, does that make them addicts? Obviously I'm one of them folk who takes pics and vids of buses but it's not an addiction when you actually have a life....

Yeah, tourists take pictures and videos of buses as well as other useless things like tall buildings. The average New Yorker wouldn't be carrying a camera that they're able to take out in 10 seconds, and even if they did they wouldn't take a picture of some random bus.

And being addicted to something doesn't mean you don't have a life.

Yeah, tourists take pictures and videos of buses as well as other useless things like tall buildings. The average New Yorker wouldn't be carrying a camera that they're able to take out in 10 seconds, and even if they did they wouldn't take a picture of some random bus.

And being addicted to something doesn't mean you don't have a life.

These days, you dont need a digital camera to take pics and vids of shit, you got phones for that now...I seen folks take pics of the new LFSs in S.I and the artics in Manhattan with their phones because they are new. Don't speak for the "average New Yorkers"...

These days, you dont need a digital camera to take pics and vids of shit, you got phones for that now...I seen folks take pics of the new LFSs in S.I and the artics in Manhattan with their phones because they are new. Don't speak for the "average New Yorkers"...

idk why you're entertaining this simple minded fool for!

I'm not speaking for the average New Yorker, I'm speaking about what I'm observing about the average New Yorker. Most people don't give a shit about a stupid bus because they have better things to do than go like "OMG A BUS!!!" and whip out their phones to take a picture of it. Unless you're unemployed and have nothing better to do, which is not an average New Yorker, you most likely have somewhere you're going when you're on the streets.

If it's a new bus or something that just came out then maybe, but spending an entire day taking pictures of any bus you see is a serious addiction.

I'm not speaking for the average New Yorker, I'm speaking about what I'm observing about the average New Yorker. Most people don't give a shit about a stupid bus because they have better things to do than go like "OMG A BUS!!!" and whip out their phones to take a picture of it. Unless you're unemployed and have nothing better to do, which is not an average New Yorker, you most likely have somewhere you're going when you're on the streets.

If it's a new bus or something that just came out then maybe, but spending an entire day taking pictures of any bus you see is a serious addiction.

you sound like an anti w/ a lot of this salty ass BS you spewing right now... you were on this same tip in that addicted to subways thread....

....& lol @ "a stupid bus" - When you were over there bitching about the x90.

What exactly do "most people" have to do with this topic? Besides that, not all addictions are detrimental.

you sound like an anti w/ a lot of this salty ass BS you spewing right now... you were on this same tip in that addicted to subways thread....

Yup, almost a 'holier than thou' attitude, but g-d forbid you dis his discontinued line...

I mean give me a break, an occasional few pics around the city for buses is a bad thing? As an amature photographer, it is my hobby to take pics. Better than sitting at home and bitching about a line that no longer serves my area.

So the x90 was just a stupid bus route with a bunch of stupid buses huh, according to your pleas and such to restore the route, it's not...thanks for sounding like a hypocrite...

You aint observe shit about the average New Yorker until you actually go around the five boroughs...so stick that in your pipe and smoke it...

You beat me to the punch.

What exactly do "most people" have to do with this topic? Besides that, not all addictions are detrimental.

+1

I mean give me a break, an occasional few pics around the city for buses is a bad thing? As an amature photographer, it is my hobby to take pics. Better than sitting at home and bitching about a line that no longer serves my area.

He's what I would call an "Upper East Side Elitist Pr*ck"....wanting other boroughs to suffer without service so it can benefit him...

You know your addicted to buses when you argue in a post like this^^ lol

-When you smell the bus

-When you go around catching new buses and its numbers via Video and Photo and being the first to load it before anyone (i know a few xP)

- those of you that know specifics of individual buses....

- those of you that are up-to-date on bus moves....

- you busfan, period.

(yes, I'm calling myself out too... I'm not above that)

- you look to venture to certain cities/states/COUNTRIES, just to, or for the main reason of, embarking on their surface transportation....

I'm Gulity of all of these. I went to Hawaii last year with the main intent of fanning their system.

Yup, almost a 'holier than thou' attitude, but g-d forbid you dis his discontinued line...

He's doing it for attention. Just ignore him.

You know you're addicted to buses when you make friends with a B/O only with the intent of codebreaking and obtaining information to put on a transit forum only to feel like you know more than others.

You won't believe how much of that is going on here smh

You know you're addicted to buses when you make friends with a B/O only with the intent of codebreaking and obtaining information to put on a transit forum only to feel like you know more than others.

You won't believe how much of that is going on here smh

Couldn't have said it any better...

You know your addicted to buses when you argue in a post like this^^ lol

However, it wasnt primarily about buses.

- You know you're addicted when you get mad for someone screwing up the photo or video by walking in on purpose, staying within the frame and whatnot. I'm most definitely guilty for that one, I'm too much of a perfectionist at times. Then again, I think depending on what kind of photography you do, that's a general gripe.

However, it wasnt primarily about buses.

- You know you're addicted when you get mad for someone screwing up the photo or video by walking in on purpose, staying within the frame and whatnot. I'm most definitely guilty for that one, I'm too much of a perfectionist at times. Then again, I think depending on what kind of photography you do, that's a general gripe.

This is true. When I would take my shots when traveling I would get really cranky if someone was in the shot and would wait a good 10 minutes if necessary to get that perfect shot. :cool:

There is already one for the subways so I'll add one for buses.

... if you pass up a bus because it is not your favorite model.

Thanks for the addition. I was the starter for the subway one. Since it was a good thread, I thought I would start it over here.

Anyway. Back on topic...

- when you have ridden every bus and route

While these "addicted to" threads can be fun and interesting, I don't want to see the forum community use the items listed here to judge existing/new members about whether they are "crazy" or "foamers" and how to treat them. Please...

Archived