Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

4 Train Drama This Evening

It involved car #7742. An R142A.

We got to 42nd - Grand Central at 6 something I believe and the train was over crowded. Now as the doors were closing, I guess some man was upset that he wasn't able to fit in due to the crowd and he began to kick the middle doors of 7742 and of course, it broke.

The doors were making the open sound, and moving about an inch or two but that was it, they weren't opening at all. The light on the left side of the door would flicker on and off for a second or two but it wouldn't move. The light on the right door wouldn't even turn on.

It involved car #7742. An R142A.

We got to 42nd - Grand Central at 6 something I believe and the train was over crowded. Now as the doors were closing, I guess some man was upset that he wasn't able to fit in due to the crowd and he began to kick the middle doors of 7742 and of course, it broke.

The doors were making the open sound, and moving about an inch or two but that was it, they weren't opening at all. The light on the left side of the door would flicker on and off for a second or two but it wouldn't move. The light on the right door wouldn't even turn on.

Like kick kick it or just like tap it? Cause I smashed the door once with the bottom of my foot right as it closed in front of me but the train was fine. Did the train get stuck?

You see that right there? That's ignorance.

Now he broke the damn door. Now he has stranded the hundreds that were on that train. NOW the train has to go back to the yard, causing severe delays, all because he didn't have the patience to wait three or four minutes for another train. Trust me, I think he knew the headways on the 6 train(to add to that, there are automated clocks around the station).

I see people do this all the time: try to squeeze their way onto a train that they know in the back of their head, they can't fit onto. Sometimes I even have the urge to push them off and yell at them for it, because it is very ignorant. Yes, I know the overcrowding on the Lexington line is very bad, but i'd rather be a few minutes late for work than potentially cause a safety risk, like damage the train door.

All I have to say is poor train.. I seriously feel very sorry for it. What an *******. Come on! This is not your freakin property! He should be arrested for doing that! I hope he was punished. People pay to use the subway not destroy it. This is annoying..

Trust me, I think he knew the headways on the 6 train(to add to that, there are automated clocks around the station).

The next train would've been just as crowded as that one.

And just pointing out, there aren't countdown clocks at Grand Central.

Regardless. He could have still waited for the next train instead of being a douche bag. Inconsiderate people like him are the reason why I don't like New Yorkers in general!

Shouldn't it be concidered 'vandalism'? He broke the door. If anything he should be held responsible to pay for the damages [not to mention the delay and causing an entire train to be taken out of service].

Like kick kick it or just like tap it? Cause I smashed the door once with the bottom of my foot right as it closed in front of me but the train was fine. Did the train get stuck?

WTF would you do that for? It's a damn train, it doesn't have any feelings or intentions to lock you out.

WTF would you do that for? It's a damn train, it doesn't have any feelings or intentions to lock you out.

The conductor closed the doors as I was running down, screamed at me to not be an idiot, and started laughing. So I smashed the door and gave him the finger. I would've shrugged off a missed train and would've patiently waited for the next if he hadn't given me the attitude.

The conductor closed the doors as I was running down, screamed at me to not be an idiot, and started laughing. So I smashed the door and gave him the finger. I would've shrugged off a missed train and would've patiently waited for the next if he hadn't given me the attitude.

No, It wasn't a little tap tap. IT WAS BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM! It sounded like a loaded gun just went off 50 feet away, thats how loud the kicks were and people had to scramble everywhere when they realized the doors were broken and the others were open. So people were scrambling to the other two doors to try and get out before the train left the stations after 42nd.

So you decided to be an idiot by doing something that only immature morons do by kicking the door. Way to show your maturity. The finger would be fine by itself but kicking the door? Are you 12? I really think you are 12. If there was a cop on the platform and saw you, I would've laughed dead in your face. A grown ass man like you kicking train doors....

So you decided to be an idiot by doing something that only immature morons do by kicking the door. Way to show your maturity. The finger would be fine by itself but kicking the door? Are you 12? I really think you are 12. If there was a cop on the platform and saw you, I would've laughed dead in your face.

Oh so it's the completely mature thing for the conductor to scream how I'm an idiot for trying to catch the train and then have him laugh hysterically?

Oh so it's the completely mature thing for the conductor to scream how I'm an idiot for trying to catch the train and then have him laugh hysterically?

Do you know how to read? I said that giving him the finger would've been fine or cussing him out. What reason did you have to kick the ******* doors, tough guy? He could've reported your ass for damaging transit property. Kicking the doors is completely immature, cussing or giving him the finger is justifiable for his actions. Think before you post....

At the rate you are going, the conductor seemed to be more mature than you were by damaging transit property. Way to be a self-righteous ****.

I beg you to give me an answer as to the reason you kicked the doors, I'm sure it'll be interesting to read. If you don't have a reason, this just makes you a coward for acting like an immature b1tch by kicking/breaking the doors....

This is what happens when you have CHILDREN whose mamma's never taught them to keep their feet where it belongs...

On the Damn ground.

The real problem is, y'alls mammas should've long placed their foot off in BOTH of y'alls asses.

The CHILD in this story, and to gorgor here....

I mean, this is why we can't have shit in this city....

wow i didn't know that train doors were breakable like that

and i could only imagine how much of a pain it must have to been for those people in that train to have to squeeze in another. (im assuming the trains are as packed as sardines in a box with that (4)(5)(6) )

Even so, your actions are completely childish and classless. I can't believe a well do to professional like yourself from Yorkville would act so immature. Now, I'll be the first to admit that the (4)(5)(6) lines are packed during the rush hours. If and when I do use the train in the mornings coming in (which is a rarity), I'll get on at Wall Street from a Downtown express bus. I have had the conductor hold the door open as he'll see me swiping my MetroCard, but if it is crowded, I am not going to be a jack@ss and squeeze my way on, knowing that there is a train right behind that one and with the countdown clocks at that station, I know exactly when another train is coming. Now, as you said, Grand Central doesn't have them, but still. You know another train will be there in a few minutes. Worse case scenario, I have waited a good 10 - 15 minutes so that I can get a train that wasn't packed and crowded, but the point is that eventually you'll get a train that isn't packed. 10 - 15 minutes isn't that bad either. Is it really that big of a deal to give yourself an extra 20 or so minutes??

Jesus... I just don't get people. They run like another damn bus or train won't come again and I just sit there and laugh at them. Today, I watched all of these people pack on a (M5) limited stop bus at 5th and 42nd and I just sat there thinking to myself, yeah pack on you morons because there is another limited stop bus two blocks from here that's coming that'll be empty once everyone gets off and of course even though I know they could see the bus two blocks away, they were in such a damn hurry that they got on the other one anyway. They were both limited stop buses, so maybe they saved 2 minutes or so if that. Big deal. Granted the other bus was an (M2), but I know most of those people that packed on weren't going past 23rd or 14th street.

That's the kind of thing your mother would quietly walk you outside and beat the living tar out of you in broad daylight.

This is probably the sole reason I dislike riding the subways because most people will do anything to catch a train. It slows us down AND the trains behind us! Don't be an ass and try to squeeze through the damn doors. Don't friggin' KICK the doors because your fat ass couldn't make room! It doesn't take an eternity for the next train to come! What's 6 minutes compared to the countless hours you just cost the TA in repairs/service delays and maintenance?

I swear I won't hesitate to take down the first idiot I see doing something like that in plain sight.

So you decided to be an idiot by doing something that only immature morons do by kicking the door. Way to show your maturity. The finger would be fine by itself but kicking the door? Are you 12? I really think you are 12. If there was a cop on the platform and saw you, I would've laughed dead in your face. A grown ass man like you kicking train doors....

Naw. I would say more like 8. Novabus5000 is 12, and much more mature than that.

Dude, you are like a keystroke away from being suspended.

Jeez, why beat the stuffing out of an inanimate slab of metal?

Instead of kicking the door, I would have screamed to him "kiss my ass, (add any expletives here that will continue on until he's out of hearing range)" :)

I swear I won't hesitate to take down the first idiot I see doing something like that in plain sight.

Note: You'd just make yourself look like a spaz :o (and possibly get arrested, If I decoded the message right :P)

A definite finger to the conductor would of sufficed. It would just be like in a scenario where I'm stuck on the Van Wyck and someone cut me off, I wouldn't be drive up to him and hit the window. I'd just give the courtesy finger and drive off.

If I would have driven up to him and kick a window or say a small bump, that's Insurance companies calling me left and right with probably a police report in my hands.

Ive dived (of course not literary) into Subway cars just as the doors were closing , but i would never kick the door. There was a mini fight on board the PATH train at Newport , some pushing and shoveling.....lead to words....the the PAPD calmed everyone down. The other day , a fat girl shoveled her fat into the doors , to keep them from closing.

You sound like a real upstandding individual.... I hope someone gives you a tune up next time.

Archived