What Books Did You Read?

FamousNYLover

• 2 weeks later...

At the Sam Lena South Tucson Library today (Monday August 8th), I checked out two (2) books with interesting sounding titles (Yay! I may have an actual, legitimate reason to use the renew feature on August 29th for the very first time ever - maybe):

1) 1969 The Year Everything Changed By Mr. Bob Kirkpatrick

I was small (five (5) turned six (6) years old when this interesting year in history occurred 42 years ago this year. But one of my teams - The Jets won our very first ever - and our only to date - Super Bowl (Super Bowl III) in January to start the year then The Mets - the original Amazins' won their very first-ever World Series in October in their very first-ever winning season.

Also Apollo 11 successfully landed on the Moon in June. And, a man, who would become involved in a crises during his second term and who would become our only President to resign office - Mr. Richard Milhouse Nixon - was inaugurated in January.

2) The Games That Changed The Game By Mr. Ron Jaworski.

Mr. Jaworrski describes seven (7) games between 1964 and 2002 that he (with co-authors Mr. Greg Cosell and Mr. David Plaut) feels changed the game of professional football.

Archived