Low-Vs and an R17

INDman

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this, but here it goes. This past weekend was Rapid Transit Weekend at the Branford Electric Railroad Assoiciation in East Haven, CT. This place for those who don't know is a great trolley museum which also has a Low-V, an R9, and an R17. Every 3rd weekend from May through September they bring them out and allow members and some others to operate them on the property. Most of the photos are of the Low-V because I had too much fun operating the R17 to take pictures. I hope you like them.

DSC01230.jpg

DSC01231.jpg

DSC01234.jpg

DSC01235.jpg

DSC01238.jpg

DSC01240.jpg

DSC01236.jpg

DSC01237.jpg

The ultimate cab ride!

DSC01243.jpg

Trust me, no pictures that anyone could ever take can do these cars any justice, it looks even better in person.

Wow those are some really nice shots, too bad the R9 is out of service for a while. I can't wait for June RT weekend so I can get more time on R17 6688.

Thanks. The R9 Is out of Service? Why? I was hoping to operate that car..:( Oh well, like you said theres always good old 6688:cool:. Sign her up as the (3) to 148th:D

I think they said she has a burnt out motor so it is unknown when she will be back. Next time I go up I'm going to ask if they will let me put my R27/30 route sign in the R17. I think it would be cool to sign it up as an (F) train or something like that.

Dude, great shots! I was up there last year, and fell in love with that place. Im going up a few weeks after my triumphant return to NY. This time I plan to Operate:D

yup i am hoping to make a trip up there as well, although the next guest operator day conflicts with the bus rodeo...so I may have to wait a bit longer

I missed memeber's day too, Albany is too far to to go with out a car. As I said before the best weekends to come up for subway buffs are Rapid Transit Weekends, the 3rd weekend every month. Today I heard from a friend of mine that now both the R9 and the R17 are out of service :( leaving the Low-V the only subway car running. I hope they will be back soon but this should not stop you from coming up if you had been planning to go before. Also, they are rebuilding a H and M Black Car. It really is a sight to see but it is in one of the sheds and I'm sure if you ask around someone could show it you those who are interested :(.

I missed memeber's day too, Albany is too far to to go with out a car. As I said before the best weekends to come up for subway buffs are Rapid Transit Weekends, the 3rd weekend every month. Today I heard from a friend of mine that now both the R9 and the R17 are out of service :( leaving the Low-V the only subway car running. I hope they will be back soon but this should not stop you from coming up if you had been planning to go before. Also, they are rebuilding a H and M Black Car. It really is a sight to see but it is in one of the sheds and I'm sure if you ask around someone could show it you those who are interested :(.

The museum is in East Haven, CT, not Albany.....

Thanks!!! You really should when you have the time. Every time I go I get there and stand around looking for people I know usually cause I get there right when the first car leaves the main station, but after a while I talk to alot of the peopl there and wow, some of the stories people have about the subway and trains in general are great. I hav never had a bad time there.

Archived