Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Bonanza123d

You know you are addicted to the LIRR/MNR when...

Due to popularity of my thread in the NYCT, with PATCOman in the buses. I give you one for the LIRR and MNR. Show your addiction.

You know you are addicted when you take a ride fron Jamacia to Penn instead of subway.

Due to popularity of my thread in the NYCT, with PATCOman in the buses. I give you one for the LIRR and MNR. Show your addiction.

You know you are addicted when you take a ride fron Jamacia to Penn instead of subway.

...or ride from Harlem to GCT

...when you go from Jamaica to LIC just to ride the Lower Montauk

...when you go from Jamaica to LIC just to ride the Lower Montauk

I actually should do this tomorrow. I have a monthly ticket to zone 1 anyway so it won't cost me anything.

... When you refit your car with a train horn....

.... When riding a elevator alone and it stops on a floor and no one is there you pretend its a train and step out and do that wave the C/R's do before they close down... then get back on the elevator and press the button....

Do any specific runs via the Lower Montauk? And by Lower Montauk, you mean the line that cuts through Forest Park?

Yes, I mean that line. Only one train a day uses it, that would be the 0713 from Oyster Bay, arriving Jamaica 0809, and arriving LIC 0834.

Yes, I mean that line. Only one train a day uses it, that would be the 0713 from Oyster Bay, arriving Jamaica 0809, and arriving LIC 0834.

Thanks. I live near that ROW near the old Fresh Pond stop and always wanted to ride those tracks. Gonna make an early trip to do that one day

.... When riding a elevator alone and it stops on a floor and no one is there you pretend its a train and step out and do that wave the C/R's do before they close down... then get back on the elevator and press the button....

You've done that before, haven't you?

When you stop and look back at a train you just got off of just to see the doors close and the indicator lights by the doors all turn green as the train sets off.

Edited by Joel Up Front

Guest MTA Bus

When you are at a LIRR/MNRR station and a M7\M8 comes and you want an M2/M3A/M4/M6 to show up.

Its worth taking LIRR from Jamaica or any stations with access to NYC subway rather than taking subway in to Manhattan. Its much faster. Yes it cost a lot more but to me its worth the cost.

When you ride the LIRR Cannonball all the way to Montauk just for the heck of it.

When you just take the LIRR/MNRR 1 stop and don't pay Teehee.

It has happened to me in the Harlem Line a few times from Hartsdale to White Plains. :)

Edited by alejr88
Wrong stop

You buy a two way ticket from Grand Central to Southeast/Poughkeepsie/Stamford just to enjoy the long ride.

Stamford is not a long ride from GCT.

That was not the stop I meant. *Facepalm*