Q23 & lga

TML

I noticed that the Q23 currently stops just short of LaGuardia Airport, and I also found that a few years ago the MTA considered extending it into the Airport proper. However, it seems that this proposal never came to fruition. What happened - was it the budget crisis, was it resistance from one or more involved parties, or both?

I'm guessing that would make the route a bit to long and you already got other routes in LGA. Q33/Q72 (All Terminal except Marine), Q47 (Marine Only), Q48 & M60. You can grab the Q48 at the Q23s terminal or just walk and grab the LGA Shuttle Buses. Another reason they may not have sent the Q23 up there is because it may need to loop? I mean if the Q23 were to end at Marine Terminal, no ones gonna want to get off if they want to exit the airport. Just like the Q33/47/48/M60 does, loops. Correct me if im wrong.

I think the (MTA) should extend the Q23, it surely would benefit.

I'm guessing that would make the route a bit to long and you already got other routes in LGA. Q33/Q72 (All Terminal except Marine), Q47 (Marine Only), Q48 & M60. You can grab the Q48 at the Q23s terminal or just walk and grab the LGA Shuttle Buses. Another reason they may not have sent the Q23 up there is because it may need to loop? I mean if the Q23 were to end at Marine Terminal, no ones gonna want to get off if they want to exit the airport. Just like the Q33/47/48/M60 does, loops. Correct me if im wrong.

I think the (MTA) should extend the Q23, it surely would benefit.

The (Q23) should go to LGA, but only to Central Terminal only

Before the (MTA) extended Q72 into LGA CTB, don'y early morning service entered airport?

How about extend Q23 to LGA CTB upon request.

It not very easy to cross Ditmars Blvd at 102nd St with speeding cars and bikes.

Yes, early morning trips on the (Q72) went to LGA

Agreed. However it should be extended to the LGA Central Terminal every

2nd-3rd trip (weekdays and Saturdays until about 8pm) about every 30 minutes and all trips Sundays.

No, just make it all day. Give Forest Hills and Corona customers direct access to LGA

No, just make it all day. Give Forest Hills and Corona customers direct access to LGA

The Q23 as it is from few times I busfanned/rode it is very unreaible. Plus you can get heavy traffic especially during weekends and holiday periods. That why I suggest every 2nd-3rd bus weekdays and maybe Saturdays be extended to LGA. Forest Hills and Corona would still have access to LGA but on selected trips. Also under my plans on Sundays, all (Q23) would run to the central airports at LGA.

Remember the Q10 has 'short trips' on it's local buses rush hours. Why not the (Q23)?

The Q23 as it is from few times I busfanned/rode it is very unreaible. Plus you can get heavy traffic especially during weekends and holiday periods. That why I suggest every 2nd-3rd bus weekdays and maybe Saturdays be extended to LGA. Forest Hills and Corona would still have access to LGA but on selected trips. Also under my plans on Sundays, all (Q23) would run to the central airports at LGA.

Remember the Q10 has 'short trips' on it's local buses rush hours. Why not the (Q23)?

Well that's the thing. The (Q10) and the (Q23) are two completely different routes. The (Q10) is a LTD too.

Archived