MTA is ready for 2 Av

Theyve been ready for it! they were programmed atleast a year ago when i first saw those pics. Theres also a pic floating around of a 160 at CI with that sign. they pre-program the NTTs with possible/future routes. remember when it was discovered that they were programmed for the V to Metrop before it became the 6th Ave M? They do that with buses too! theres a pic with a bus displaying "Bx23 Mt Vernon"

I have to look through the code book again, but I think some of the R44/46 had SAS readings for both the (Q) and the (T). The R160s have alot of programs and no one seems to have a complete list since the readings are different depending on the program each set has.

The R32's did have the (T) display. Here is an example of when there was a (T) train which ran on the Broadway Line.

img_36091.jpg

I believe INDman was referring to the T as in the upcoming SAS line T. Especially when R44/46s werent around during the old BMT/IND route lettering

I believe INDman was referring to the T as in the upcoming SAS line T. Especially when R44/46s werent around during the old BMT/IND route lettering

Actually they were around but before the transition to the current code.

BTW that (Q) 2nd Ave photo is not new as ive seen pixs before.

That's correct. i can't find them on my list of original LCD sign readings, but I think the signs on the R46s that were updated have them.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived