R68 on the G

by this weekend the (G) should be fully R68 4 car sets!! 52 cars- 13 trainsets.

No the End Of June its going to be 100% R68's, when that time comes JYD will send more than 5-6 trainsets of R160's to CI yard, 9143-52 and 8713-22 has returned to CI.

Last time I checked, the (N) strictly used R68As and R160s, and the (G) currently has R68s and R68As that it received from the (:) or (D). Either way, the (B) or (D) will recieve R160s and the (F) will obtain some R46s.

So now the (G) is moving to Coney Island Yard, is this going to effect R68's used on the (;) line?

It shouldn't.Obviously sets will be taken off the (N) or and (B) for the (G) but the replacement is 160's from Jamaica which will most likely run on the (N) bumping the remainder of the 68/A's to the (B).So the (N) may go 100% 160 again sadly.

Last time I checked, the (N) strictly used R68As and R160s, and the (G) currently has R68s and R68As that it received from the (B) or (D). Either way, the (B) or (D) will recieve R160s and the (F) will obtain some R46s.

No the (N) uses both 68/A's and 160's.The (G) has no R68A's just 2 68 sets.The 68's may not have came off the (B) they may have came off the (N).Can't be the (D) since its not out of Coney Island.When and why the (B)(D) will receive 160's? The (B) may but if the (D) does Jamaica will have to trade sets.

I have NEVER seen a R68 (N), and I take that route everyday. Also, the equipment transfer isn't finished yet, so the (G) will have to take sets from the (;)(D), since the (G) is CI based now. R46s aren't CI equipment, so that's a no go for the (B)(D) to get R46s, but instead R160s to replace the lost part of the R68/A fleet.

(apologies if any of my info is incorrect)

The R68 8-car set that are now running on the (G) came off the (;), which is from the Coney Island Yard. it was an actual full 8-car set, but instead it was split into 2 sets of 4 cars. (2888-2889-2891-2890 and 2784-2785-2787-2786). The (D) still uses its own R68's from Concourse yard. Lets not forget that the (S) Franklin Av Shuttle uses its own R68's from the Coney Island Yard. There are no R68A's on the (G). R68A's are only running on the (B)(N) right now.

Archived