The next t/o class

bknitti

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there should be a class of 10 this month. i think they are starting next week or the week after. also that class is going to the irt. after that i think they are looking for 80 more and then they may slow down on hiring. i'm not a 100% sure on the future numbers but i am pretty sure about this months class of ten.

there should be a class of 10 this month. i think they are starting next week or the week after. also that class is going to the irt. after that i think they are looking for 80 more and then they may slow down on hiring. i'm not a 100% sure on the future numbers but i am pretty sure about this months class of ten.

From what I heard, they were only looking to hire 50 more T/O's from April to the end of the year.

Do you have to pass the exam befor taking the class's ?

There is a hell of a lot of things you have to pass in order to take the class. Passing the exam is all but one of them. In this case we're talking about the T/O promo classes here. So First you must past a exam for whatever title you took the exam for. Then you have to obtain a good list number in order to stand a chance of ever being called for said title. Then you must wait about a year or more to be called. Past a drug test, background check and medical exam. Then once your hired, you must be in a title which is able to promote to the title of T/O. So with all of this said you can see how ridiculous your question was, just as primo stated. I really hope you were being a troll and joking around.

If your on the promo list, then all you need to do is pass. It's not like the O/C list where you need a good list number.

Ok thanx for your input Donald. And there is also more than just passing the promo exam to be hired. You also need a good sick record and DAN record so you don't get hit with the 1 in 3 rule. But either way his question was ridiculous, and I was just being sarcastic with my response to him.

Ok thanx for your input Donald. And there is also more than just passing the promo exam to be hired. You also need a good sick record and DAN record so you don't get hit with the 1 in 3 rule. But either way his question was ridiculous, and I was just being sarcastic with my response to him.

More mis information from Donald i see....

10 on 5/23

40 on 6/28

40 in August

No division assignment has been decided for any of these classes, despite the continual rumors to the contrary.

I got some different numbers, and they aren't quite as high. More like only 1 class after 5/23 of 40.

• 2 weeks later...

....So what is A DAN Record and this 1 in 3 rule...Explain thank you

....So what is A DAN Record and this 1 in 3 rule...Explain thank you

I'm surprised you don't know what that is and your an MTA employee. It's your Disciplinary Actions record. If you go on TENS it will show you a record of your DAN history if any and what was the penalty for the infraction. DANS coupled with bad sick records get you 1 and 3'd out of a promotion for a while or permanently. And the 1 and three rule pertains to civil service exams. For every three people interviewed one must be hired. When it comes to promotions they compare your DANS and sick records and the top person out of the three gets promoted and the other two don't.

Of course you will get called . The last oc list called up to list

# 2064

they allowed the list to remain active the entire 4 years. with the huge budget deficit, i don't see them allowing hundreds more people off the street come onto Tier 4. they only HAVE TO use the list for 1 year. so maybe they'll only get to #259 or so (my list #)? :cool:

According to this week's Chief in terms of PROMOTIONS, "TRAIN OPERATOR—250 eligibles between Nos. 28 and 433 on List 8562 for 50 jobs at NYC Transit". Every time I quote the Chief on the numbers however, someone comes on and says it's like 100 less so let's see if anyone chimes in. As far as I'm concerned, they're up to 433 out of 833 on the promotional which is pretty damned good IMO. Maybe someone from Transit comes on here and says a lower number to catch people off guard for their drug test, I don't know. But there's always a disparity between what the Chief says and what I hear on this website.

According to this week's Chief in terms of PROMOTIONS, "TRAIN OPERATOR—250 eligibles between Nos. 28 and 433 on List 8562 for 50 jobs at NYC Transit". Every time I quote the Chief on the numbers however, someone comes on and says it's like 100 less so let's see if anyone chimes in. As far as I'm concerned, they're up to 433 out of 833 on the promotional which is pretty damned good IMO. Maybe someone from Transit comes on here and says a lower number to catch people off guard for their drug test, I don't know. But there's always a disparity between what the Chief says and what I hear on this website.

If someone has to "clean up" for a drug test they don't deserve a job in transit or anywhere else IMO. They're bound to screw up sooner or later and get caught "dirty". Why waste everyone's time ? Carry on.

Archived