+SBS+ Discusion

R188 7857

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q60 should atleast have a limited or SBS.

The line is very well ridden because people go to Queens center mall. They ride it to go to Manhattan so they don't have to pay 5.50 for express bus. It should skip lots of stops, especially the ones that are not well used for SBS.

Limited will make the bus stop all times on bus stops that have the blue Q60 background and thats the only Q60 sign on that bus stop. It will sometimes skip stops that have the purple LTD background. Also, the MTA could put a bus lane on Queens Blvd.

The M14 c0uld be quicker.

It SH0ULD have SBS on 14th Street.

Nah, just put a bus lane!

There's one part of 14th St too crowded to effectively fit in a bus lane. I mean around Union Square. There, 14th St briefly shrinks to only 2 lanes in both directions, a curb lane and drive lane. And there is no way all the car traffic can be pushed into just one lane.

But for the other parts of 14th St, maybe a bus lane could work...

@FamousNYLover: I know what you mean about the M15 +SBS. One time the bus was on 2nd Ave near the Queensborough Bridge and we were crawling.... but after we passed the cutoff for the bridge we started going crazy fast before stopping at the 57th St stop, it was cool!

The line is very well ridden because people go to Queens center mall. They ride it to go to Manhattan so they don't have to pay 5.50 for express bus. It should skip lots of stops, especially the ones that are not well used for SBS.

Limited will make the bus stop all times on bus stops that have the blue Q60 background and thats the only Q60 sign on that bus stop. It will sometimes skip stops that have the purple LTD background. Also, the MTA could put a bus lane on Queens Blvd.

Hell no to the Q60 being a SBS or being a Limited.....it still going to bunch up when its a Limited or SBS and it will not speed up the trips either. Have you considered how horrible traffic is on Queens Boulevard and by the Queensboro Bridge?

If ppl on queens blvd wanted speed they wont be on the Q60!!!!! that is why subways run:cool:

• 1 month later...

To help bus make left turn easier at busy street, following streets I suggest following beside my others TSP Idea.

Westbound 57th St making left turn at Lex and 5th Av.

Eastbound 14th St making left turn at 6th Av.

Westbound 14th St making left turn at Hudson St.

Southbound 2nd Av/58th St to left Q101 go first, then traffic follows.

Northbound York Av making left turn at E. 91st St.

ur comment = WIN I approve especially since ridership utilization of the postal stop is quite low from my experiences. SBS B15 but ah o well it will work

New Lots Avenue is too narrow for +SBS+, though.

And the fact that half of the buses terminate in Brooklyn is no problem. You would have the +SBS+ go to JFK and the locals terminate at the Postal Facility.

In any case, the B15 is too infrequent to receive a limited.

sbs B15 to JFK ;)

Not going to happen......they can't make it a Limited so makes you think a SBS will work for that route?

New Lots Avenue is too narrow for +SBS+, though.

And the fact that half of the buses terminate in Brooklyn is no problem. You would have the +SBS+ go to JFK and the locals terminate at the Postal Facility.

In any case, the B15 is too infrequent to receive a limited.

Even if it was a Limited it will still bunch up like crazy. Only way the B15 is a Limited would be the JFK bound buses but we all know that's not happening no time soon and you're right New Lots Avenue is too narrow for a B15 SBS so that will never ever work!

Will any New Flyer Industries XD60 "Xcelsior" Artics be used on any SBS routes? Or will the authority just stick to LFS Artics for the four of them (Bx12, M15, M34, B44)? It seems perfect for them to use XD60s on the B44 SBS since the XD60 delivery should be complete by the time the B44 SBS begins.

Not going to happen......they can't make it a Limited so makes you think a SBS will work for that route?

Even if it was a Limited it will still bunch up like crazy. Only way the B15 is a Limited would be the JFK bound buses but we all know that's not happening so time soon and you're right New Lots Avenue is too narrow for a B15 SBS so that will never ever work!

You get two thumbs up for that post! :tup::tup:

As of right now, it looks as if the LFSA's will be used for SBS. The Xcelsiors have to complete the Bus Test & Evaluation Program also, so there is a chance they could show up on some SBS routes.

I would love nothing more than to see them at Flatbush as well.

Even if it was a Limited it will still bunch up like crazy. Only way the B15 is a Limited would be the JFK bound buses but we all know that's not happening no time soon and you're right New Lots Avenue is too narrow for a B15 SBS so that will never ever work!

ehh ur right owell

I'm very fascinated by the +SBS, but how well does the bus lane work for the +SBS+? From pics and videos I've seen, some B/Os don't even use the lane, and it seems to be slowed down by people making right turns. Overall from what I've seem it doesn't seem that effective. I don't live in NYC so I can't really make a judgment.

I'm very fascinated by the +SBS, but how well does the bus lane work for the +SBS+? From pics and videos I've seen, some B/Os don't even use the lane, and it seems to be slowed down by people making right turns. Overall from what I've seem it doesn't seem that effective. I don't live in NYC so I can't really make a judgment.

The bus operators do use it often. It's just the big intersections where it's not easy to use. But usually it does the job. Cars making right turns typically get out of the way quickly enough for the buses to stay there and not have to enter the adjacent lane.

From what I've seen, on 1st Avenue the bus drivers RARELY use the bus lane unless there's traffic. North of 79th they usually use the lane right next to the bus lane even though there's rarely any cars making right turns. Once I was on the bus and a pissed off driver passed the bus which was in the middle lane by using the bus lane and blaring his horn.

I remember buses that used bus lane.

X17C used Bus Lane

Big Taxi Tour Double-Decker Used Broadway Bus Lane

M34 and NYWY 34th St Peak and 42nd-34th St Loop used Bus Lane on first bus lane test.

Bx12SBS, Bx22, BL60, BL61, BL62 used Fordham Rd Bus Lane.

Forgot which bus we took with TTMG from Jersey Garden Mall to PABT used Bus Lane.

Mega Bus used Bus Lane on Lincoln Tunnel-NJ Turnpike and somewhere along expressway enroute to Boston.

Bee-Line bus used bus lane in White Plains

Few M15 SBS used Bus Lane.

• 2 months later...

M14A/M14D SBS

Eastbound

M14A/D SBS Stations

18th St/West St

18th St/10th Av

9th Av/18th St

Hudson St/14th St

8th Av/Bleecker St

14th St/8th Av

14th St/7th-6th Avs

14th St/5th Av

14th St/4th Av-Irving Place

14th St/3rd Av

14th St/2nd-1st Avs

14th St/Avenue A

Avenue A SBS Stations

Avenue A/10th St

Essex St/Houston St

Essex St/Delancey St

Grand St/Essex St

Grand St/Clinton St

Grand St/FDR Drive

Avenue D SBS Stations

14th St/Avenue B-C

10th St/Avenue C-D

Houston St/Columbia St

FDR Drive/Houston St

Delancey St/FDR Drive-Baruch Drive

Westbound

Avenue A SBS Stations

Grand St/FDR Drive

Grand St/Clinton St

Essex St/Grand St

Essex St/Houston St

Avenue A/10th St

Avenue D SBS Stations

Delancey St/Grand St

Columbia St/Delancey St

Avenue D/Houston St

10th St/Avenue D-C

14th St/Avenue C-B

M14A/D SBS Stations

14th St/Avenue A

14th St/1-2nd Avs

14th St/3rd Av

14th St/Union Square West

14th St/5th Av

14th St/6th-7th Avs

14th St/8th Av

Hudson St/13th-12th Sts

Bethune St/Greenwich Av

14th St/9th-10th Avs

West St/15th St

18th St/West St.

M14A/M14D SBS

Eastbound

M14A/D SBS Stations

18th St/West St

18th St/10th Av

9th Av/18th St

Hudson St/14th St

8th Av/Bleecker St

14th St/8th Av

14th St/7th-6th Avs

14th St/5th Av

14th St/4th Av-Irving Place

14th St/3rd Av

14th St/2nd-1st Avs

14th St/Avenue A

Avenue A SBS Stations

Avenue A/10th St

Essex St/Houston St

Essex St/Delancey St

Grand St/Essex St

Grand St/Clinton St

Grand St/FDR Drive

Avenue D SBS Stations

14th St/Avenue B-C

10th St/Avenue C-D

Houston St/Columbia St

FDR Drive/Houston St

Delancey St/FDR Drive-Baruch Drive

Westbound

Avenue A SBS Stations

Grand St/FDR Drive

Grand St/Clinton St

Essex St/Grand St

Essex St/Houston St

Avenue A/10th St

Avenue D SBS Stations

Delancey St/Grand St

Columbia St/Delancey St

Avenue D/Houston St

10th St/Avenue D-C

14th St/Avenue C-B

M14A/D SBS Stations

14th St/Avenue A

14th St/1-2nd Avs

14th St/3rd Av

14th St/Union Square West

14th St/5th Av

14th St/6th-7th Avs

14th St/8th Av

Hudson St/13th-12th Sts

Bethune St/Greenwich Av

14th St/9th-10th Avs

West St/15th St

18th St/West St.

M14 SBS won't work. If you want a fast trip along 14th Street then just hop on down underground.

Archived