MTA, i hope you're paying attention...

Blitz

http://youtu.be/WeOFTT7fE-M

i imagine that they are paying close attention and are just waiting for the price to go down on these buses to pull the trigger. $1 million is a pretty steep price to pay for 1 bus even if it is what they should have waited for instead of wasting time and money on this current crop of "hybrid" garbage...

We still need:

1) A reliable way to draw hydrogen.

2) A way to get it seperated from other elements.

3) Isn't hydrogen extremely flammable and volatile?

4) A reliable container.

i give you the first 2, but 3 and 4 are already handled. CNG is flammable as well, and if they can shoot those CNG tanks with a .44 magnum i think they'll be fine to use with hydrogen...Hydrogen is the most abundant element on this planet. someone is eventually gonna figure out a way produce hydrogen cost effectively. for all we know, there is already a way that is being kept under wraps by all these oil companies. they would stand to loose a lot of money if hydrogen displaced gasoline and diesel as the worlds main fuel source. they killed a perfectly fine electric car in the 90's for no reason, i wouldn't put this past them

I assumed fuel cell would be the last step before pure electric, but the fact that they had pure electrics at the auto show a week ago (and all but one of them going into production, plus electric smaller buses, which have been out in some places for years) makes it look like fuel cell might be passed over. By the time it does come out, it will probably just be like an option for further mileage on an electric.

Archived